Monthly painting challenge - April

Franchute

@Purple Mist @H4ml3t : Thanks ! The garden is pretty good because it will allow us to have severe terrain in my city spaces :). On the roof of my Mansion, a little bit of metal paint was mixed with the color i wanted to give this aspect. The green spot is some basing stuff, yes.

Here are more pictures : https://ibb.co/album/fdLz3v

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bedjy said:

@Purple Mist @H4ml3t : Thanks ! The garden is pretty good because it will allow us to have severe terrain in my city spaces :). On the roof of my Mansion, a little bit of metal paint was mixed with the color i wanted to give this aspect. The green spot is some basing stuff, yes.

Thanks. Of course I cannot agree your Manor is only worth 5ss, because of its dimension and because of the time you spent after it.

• Haha 1

@Shock & Awe nice work with the freehand! She’s a great looking model, regardless of how you feel about painting skin. 🙂 Your eye pupil placement is really good too. She could maybe use some stronger eyeliner on the bottom lid, but that’s just my personal preference.

@prof_bycid you’re right, that’s adorable. I like the weathering a lot. I think the dust puff might be fun and certainly fits the whimsical nature of the model. 

@Franchute that’s a really clean paint job but the lighting in the photo is quite stark, at least on my tablet. Would love to see it with a bit more ambient light. 

I’m disappointed to report that I’m taking a mulligan this month. I’m having an RSI flareup in my wrists and need to keep my hand activity to a minimum for the next couple of weeks.  Probably won’t be around on the forums much either. 

Time for a mid-month WIP (rainy day, so the picture is a bit crap)

April_WIPEdited.jpg

I probably could have finished the dove already, but since all that's left on it is loads of tiny details, I've been putting it off for a while now. There's two weeks left, so it probably won't cause an issue. The performer on the other hand, I'm afraid will end up rather dull with the colour scheme I'll be going with. Does anyone have tip/tricks on how to make her look like a proper flashy showgirl?

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Amdor said:

Does anyone have tip/tricks on how to make her look like a proper flashy showgirl?

Go for a red leather look on her whip. Maybe go red on the shoes and add red trim to her dress. That could help her pop while still going with her dominatrix look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Aprpld2.jpg

Hello,

I worked out washes and colour recovery on pledged models. Guess I have till to work some highlight, then job is done. I aready prepared the resin bases for the three Nephilims: pumpkin base on the left side.

The bad thing is that, as you can see in the pic, my Malifaux models are not brilliant as Rumble Slam models I just finished to work out. :( Anyway, with Nephilims,  I decided to reproduce skin paint scheme I used past month for my Barbaros.

I put aside Nekima: She'll be matter for next weeks and may be next month challenge. I almost completed the "secret" mini for the "Beast Contest".

• Like 7

@prof_bycid I like the rusty and dirty style in your model, but I do not like at all the sculpture (medical automaton). That big hat on the top of a construct is non sense for me. May be I could change my mind as regard putting hand on a Medical Automaton..... my copy is till on the way to me.

@Amdor Like the dove; probably some highlight or some rusted or oxide dot will help finishinbg it. I did estimate doves are tiny things, at least looking at them on the sprue. As regard the Performex you have plenty of options to get a flashy showgirl: what about some makeup?

• Thanks 2

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:44 AM, bedjy said:

Nice pics. Did you consider the possibility to add flowers on the balcony and the windows?

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:44 AM, bedjy said:

C'est tellement beau que je veux habiter dedans 😍 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Autobots Roll Out!

Lazarus brings me to 15ss shown so far. I've completed 1 "creature" and I'm working on another that you'll see before the month is out.

I wasn't actively trying to go Optimus Prime on Lazarus but now that I'm done I'm reminded of him. I wanted some colored metallic to make him pop more than an all-metal look would and I thought thematically the Guild might have given him a red paint job with gold and brass for some bling.

IMG_20180418_125048508_3.jpg

IMG_20180418_125219434_2.jpg

• Like 7

@bedjy Which blue did you use for the "tiles" (is this the English word for "tuile" by the way?). I may steal your ideas for my own terrain if you dont mind. I might also try something a bit more turquoise because I saw the following pictures some days ago on Facebook:

I still dont know what tot do.

• Like 2

@Amdor - Excellent result with the Dove. I agree with you as regard details. I'm happy to paint at a game level adding few details to models and using painted resin bases to enrich minis. Here I saw a lot of professional painters, but their ability and their achivements are over and above my modest painting talent.

• Like 1

@Amdor - You should give NMM a shot if you're interested. It's daunting to start off, but the only way to learn is to practice. You shouldn't have too much trouble with it. If you just went with the level of detail you did on the dove but with shades of grey and yellow/brown rather than silver and gold you'd have a pretty good NMM look already. Obviously the really photo-realistic NMM you see sometimes takes hours to get the contrast right, but for tabletop quality it can be easier than you'd think. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1