Monthly painting challenge - April

Franchute

Starting off strong with WIP for the two SS Miners (touch ups and clear coat yet to go) and both halves of the Dapper Lycanthrope (bases look too flat to me yet, and a few touch ups, but really liking how they're looking overall, my DC Arcanists have found their Batman).

Thoughts?

20180407_231440.jpg.4fd61e68e8c135f5c24064f91be94111.jpg20180407_231238.jpg.3a7bacab64f9f7baf52139e627ca5bae.jpg

• Like 8

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:48 PM, H4ml3t said:

As usual I'm super impressed by everyone's work last month. I'm jealous of the skills many of you possess. For April I plan to finally get to Pandora and I also plan to do Lazarus. I'll also work on some models in secret so they'll qualify for the Creature Feature contest and I can post those once voting ends.

Where do I have to enlist for Creature Feature Contest? I just see a link for the upload of pics.

Are you sure you can present more models out of a diorama?

Thanks in advance

10 minutes ago, Purple Mist said:

Where do I have to enlist for Creature Feature Contest? I just see a link for the upload of pics.

Are you sure you can present more models out of a diorama?

Thanks in advance

Uploading a pic is how you enter.

If I use multiple models they'll be part of a diorama. I might also paint several and only enter the one that comes out the best. 😀

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, H4ml3t said:

Uploading a pic is how you enter.

If I use multiple models they'll be part of a diorama. I might also paint several and only enter the one that comes out the best.

It's all clear. Thanks.

BTW, Creature Feature Contest rules do not forbid partecipants from say they will take part to it. I'll take part with a model of mine.

I invite all others to declare they will have part into Creature Feature Contest adding a, "Agree Icon" to this post. This invite is reserved to partecipants to Montly Painting Challenge.

7 hours ago, wizuriel said:

Anyone have any advice writing in the jury's book?

Last month I saw a couple of The Giury profesionally painted.

The trouble is when we have not the talent to paint at such a level, like me. A possibility is to print the text whit a very small font on a transparent water transferible sheet using a good laser printer. So you create a transfer or decal. After printing you have to fix it with acrilic transparent spray, cut it of the proper size and apply the transfer to the book, that must be a flat surface for best result.

• Like 1

I anticipate my mid month udpate.

MM.jpg

I have not news about the 3 Nephilim. I have till to find a solution to work wings.

I begun going after Nekima (not announced in the opening of the pledge). Hope to finish her this month.

I'm working, giving it higher priority to the mini for Creature Contest.

I begun working 4 resin bases (the 3 Nephilim & the Beast Contest figure). I assembled Nekima to the standard plastic  rock, so I'm looking to solutions to enrich her bases.

That's all mates. Nice work to you all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, H4ml3t said:

Question for the group: 

Beforelong I will be working on the Autumn Knights. There is some really cool looking moss in my yard that would look great on their bases. Is there any way to use real moss on a base?

I'm not sure it would survive.

I managed to knock out my first model of the month. I am actually really pleased with how this model came out. He will definitely be replacing his predecessor as the model I use most (meaning the original Frank I got in the Latigo Posse box). 

Here is Alternate Francisco for 8SS so far. 

large.1957349034_AltFrank.jpg.6d071c5204

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Caedrus said:

Time for the Caedrus Update!

I love the blues and how smooth all those models are! The whole Raspy set looks really nice. 

I agree with the Toshiro comment. It struck me before I even read the comment.... I though, "why is his flesh totally rotted, but his intestines still look fresh?" However, I don't agree with the clash of the green/yellow. I think it works in it's own way. I like it, I guess is what I'm getting at.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, H4ml3t said:

Question for the group: 

Beforelong I will be working on the Autumn Knights. There is some really cool looking moss in my yard that would look great on their bases. Is there any way to use real moss on a base?

There is a technique for preserving moss and lichen by cooking them in a glycerine solution and then letting them dry. Glycerine should let them keep their elasticity, so they wouldn't dry out and and break. I wanted to try last summer, but never got down to it.

@Caedrus I am a fan of your Raspy crew. The colour scheme is limited, but contrasted enough to make the minis pop.  I can't believe you painted them so fast 😲 

• Like 3

No WIP this time, straight in with 2/3 completed.. I have tons of models and am using this challenge to finally sort through the backlog asap (so my gf will let me buy more toys...).
raph.jpg

ryle.jpg

These models also restored my love of painting somewhat... I love painting metal minis, in comparison the smoothness and lack of dep detail really bothers me with plastic. And the weight... love it!

• Like 8
  • Agree 1