Monthly painting challenge - April

Franchute

Another month of great work from everyone last month, congratulations to you all. This month is a super busy month so not much painting time however I am hopping to get rasputina painted. If there's time I'll also start my ice dancers but that's going to be a push so I'll set the goal post at just raspy and see what happens.

As usual I'm super impressed by everyone's work last month. I'm jealous of the skills many of you possess. For April I plan to finally get to Pandora and I also plan to do Lazarus. I'll also work on some models in secret so they'll qualify for the Creature Feature contest and I can post those once voting ends.

• Like 3

@Aa7 - Congratulation to you for your job past month. I painted my Rasputina's crew and other related minis times ago, before enlisting in this challenge. It was my pleasure to follow your achivements: painting Storm and Blessed of December at the same time and within one month is a true chellenge and you successed on it. On may own painting Raspy was very relaxing: wish it'll be for you too.

@H4ml3t - I Agree. There's a lot of people painting a lot of minis and most of them are very talented painters.

@Kogan Style - There're a lot of cats and Hoarcat Prides in Malifaux. They could fix the Rat problem! 

• Haha 1

Hello,

I begun going after montly pledge.

Neph2.jpg

Painting this Young Nephilim will be  a trouble because of the head in its hands. I should have to prepaint the two componets before assembling them.

I already selected a cemetery base with "Nethilim Theme" for this model.

Neph3.jpg

Painting this second Young Nephilim looks to be a more easy challenge.

Neph1.jpg
I used the big one as a prototype. I base coated the mini and already washed the dress, leather and metal arm rings.

• Like 5

Once more unto the Breach!

This month I'm ramping up to prepare for a local tournament and MuseOn Con in May, so it's back to (mostly) Arcanists for me.

20180402_174847.jpg.7cb707adef2e929f662adc7f96cc81d1.jpg

Definitely Marcus and his Jackalope, along with the most Dapper of Lycanthropes, Ferdinand Vogel and The Beast Within (how do we want to count his furry half, since he's 0 stones with no cache?), Amina, 2x Soulstone Miners, and maybe finally get Luther done as a Blessed of December.

If all that gets done I have plans for Alt Lazarus and Big Jake to join my FFVII themed Viks crew, and finally get a Thrall done for Lucius.

Here's to a great up coming month!

EDIT: I guess I can try for the Mauler in the background too, he's beast-y.

• Like 5

New fotographic update...... Well, with communications reduced because of "Like Icon bug" I decided to let pics speak.

1. Mid term pic of Young Nephilim. Over basecoating I brushed an home made darker blue wash:

Nephil_1.jpg

2. Other Yourg Nephilim, basecoted but not washed yet:

Nephil_2.jpg

Wings are till to be worked on both models. No update at present time regarding Mature Nephilim.

• Like 5

@Amdor, an expensive solution to get bases for Mech. Doves is the following. Buy a box of female figures for Through the Breach. Assemble three of them as Performers and put the 3 Mech Dove on the hand/arm of each mini. You will use the figure as a support standing the dove. As I said it's an expensive solution, first of all in term of time, because you have to paint three models just to use them as stands, but I think it'll be very effective.

BTW, I do not know if Through the Breach models could be assemble so to work as "stands for doves" without having to mod them.

• Thanks 1

@Purple Mist At least mine came with a flight stand for each dove.

Of the bases themselves; Yeah, that would be effective, but way beyond what I'd be willing to do for a 2 ss peon (also there might be some confusion whether the dove or the performer is the operative part). I was thinking more of small stage props and magic puffs to support the doves, like on the original metal ones.

• Agree 1