Monthly painting challenge - April

Franchute

8 minutes ago, Viruk said:

Thanks guys for kind words of support. Life's been filled with ups and downs again as my younger daughter needed another surgery. Wheeling off your kid to the surgery ward and leaving her there has been the most difficult thing I've ever experienced, gut-wrenching and absolutely terrifying. Fortunately, the surgery went well, she had 15 cm of her thin intestine removed and this seemed to have fixed her problem. Anyway, back to painting.

Lots of great stuff this month. Too much to take it all in but I've been trying to keep track of new posts in this thread and there are always some works that leave me speechless.

Three more models from me for this month. They bring me to a total of 45 soulstones (17 for Lazarus and Serena, 30 for Sonnias and 8 for Francisco). More pictures on my blog: http://www.whatthefaux.net/2018/04/double-sonnias-and-another-francisco.html

@Viruk I am very happy that your daughter is better now. Stay strong.

The minis you painted are very nice, as always. I'll note 55 soulstones for you this month (You missed 10 in your calculation I think).

• Thanks 1

@Franchute hi, a fail to complete this month, lots started, even almost finished, but nothing complete.

90% done with a supply wagon for tournament this coming weekend and fair bit more terrain competed but no models.

display board for crew also complete, so i am actually fairly happy with progress (would just be nice to finish the crew for the board).

will get some current WIP up in a day or two.

1 hour ago, Rikk said:

@Franchute hi, a fail to complete this month, lots started, even almost finished, but nothing complete.

90% done with a supply wagon for tournament this coming weekend and fair bit more terrain competed but no models.

display board for crew also complete, so i am actually fairly happy with progress (would just be nice to finish the crew for the board).

will get some current WIP up in a day or two.

Show us your display board. Maybe we could count it like terrain (5 ss).

15 hours ago, Franchute said:

Do you have a picture? :)

Also: isnt he 7ss?

Pics or it didn't happen! Midnight last night wasn't a good time for taking photos. Here we go...

https://ibb.co/iQcuKS

https://ibb.co/mxKPKS

https://ibb.co/iUZ8eS

Gah, 7ss. I'm so confused by the January errata. My poor addled mind can't keep up.

@Franchute, here are my completed models for April:

IMG_20180430_221452.jpg

Field reporter: IMG_20180430_221729.jpg
Thrall: IMG_20180430_221516.jpg
Monster hunter proxy: IMG_20180430_221542.jpg
Monster hunter proxy 2: IMG_20180430_221611.jpg

For a total of 25ss.  Painting the thrall's base and static grass/varnishing will happen tonight, along with prepping models for this month.

As an aside, I've just tipped over 50% of my Malifaux collection painted, so this painting challenge is working! :)

Screenshot_20180430_225510.png

Have a great month ahead all,

'Brown

• Like 8

@Boomstick- loving the tribal tattoos on Marcus. Very fine work.

@bedjy- I used Reaper's Brilliant Green, highlighted with P3's Iosan Green, with +black or +white towards each end. By the way, your 'hog colour' is just perfect!

@Viruk- I sincerely echo the words said by others - I hope your little girl is better soon. I'm loving the Sonnias (1 for a friend?).

@Treemonkey- You paint so beautifully well! I love how cohesive the Watcher and Ryle are!

@Piccio- delightful work on those blues. The way that you do your light on fabric is very, very good, particularly wide folds vs. tight folds (if that makes sense!). I wish I had such skill!

@Strangely Brown (bonus marks for the name, by the way!) - I think the Field Reporter is my favourite, but the goggled Monster Hunter Proxy is close behind. Lovely, lovely minis.

A great month. Kudos, all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Caedrus said:

@Piccio- delightful work on those blues. The way that you do your light on fabric is very, very good, particularly wide folds vs. tight folds (if that makes sense!). I wish I had such skill!

Seconded.  Painting nice highlights on large flat areas of material is something I've yet to master, and I feel the lack of that particular skill when painting Guild!

@Franchute Hi, don’t mind how many soul stones, the ponds are not that larger so 10 or 15ss would be fine thanks. Very pleased with it, bit of a distraction from the minis but hopefully will motivate me to finish the crew for it this month 😀

In the end I wasn't able to finish the last two models, so my final pledge is: two jorogumos (18 SS) + hodgepodge emissary (10 SS) + Ama no Zako (9 SS) = 37 SS. I need to get back one of the jorogumos (the red one) to take the final picture, once I get it I'll update the pictures I showed you last week. 

1 hour ago, hemgath said:

So don't have the time to finish my basics, but now i can post my Slate Ridge Maller i made for the Creature Feature ^^
For only 7SS but it's 7SS ^^

Good to read this: You were already kicked out of the group :) I'll put you back.

Try to post before the end of the month next time please. I also downgraded you to the enforcer category.

Great work on the mauler by the way.

17 minutes ago, Franchute said:

Good to read this: You were already kicked out of the group :) I'll put you back.

Try to post before the end of the month next time please. I also downgraded you to the enforcer category.

Great work on the mauler by the way.

Yes sorry but this end of month was verry complex... and completely forget to post ^^ (it's @bedjy who remember me to post ;) )

@Purple Mist Thanks. I’d love to have made a whole board, plan will be to do one before November, this  is just a display board that measure just over a foot wide and just under a foot in depth. Bigger than I’d like for a display board (13 models and plenty of space) but I got carried away with my first attempt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rikk said:

I’d love to have made a whole board, plan will be to do one before November, this  is just a display board that measure just over a foot wide and just under a foot in depth.

It was a great start! With 9 tiles, 1 feet wide, keeping the standard you show, you'll get a fantastic play board. And I guess you'll go after interchangeble tiles with the chance to get a differnt terrain any time you play! Really a great project.