Advice wanted for a beginner

Gorgar

I'm new to Malifaux and want to know what I should be getting next.

I have a crew and a friend has loaned me the current cards for the models I have.  I prefer cards over an app.

I have a fate deck, tape, markers for corpse/scrap.

What should I get next?

Is there a card pack with the other upgrades my crew can take?

Is there a scheme deck?

Anything else I should think about?

Appreciate your thoughts and answers.

There are decks for whichever schemes you are playing with, base book, gaining grounds 18, etc. You could just print the gainibggrounds document or easily copypaste from thqt or the book to make your own scheme cards if cash is tight. 

Do you have scheme markers and strategy markers? (8x 30mm markers and 3x 50mm markers)

The upgrades are sold in two packs that together contain all the general upgrades for every faction, General upgrade deck 1 & 2 I think. You can't buy one faction's upgrades at a time unless you order individual cards from Wargamesvault. You could ask someone to sell you their general upgrades if they are playing another faction than you.

• Agree 1

I would say the following

Initial requirements - (all met)

Crew

Rules

Spare markers

Deck

Tape measure

Expansion (In roughly my suggested order)

General Upgrade decks 1 and 2, .  These are all good buys regardless of which master you play. Some factions will use one more than the other, but I think any faction would do well to have access to all their general upgrades

More models - Once you have about 60ss worth of crew I would probably suggest playing what you have and learning the game. Once you feel happy that you know the rules- you will know what you want to expand (at least you will know what you struggle to do with your crew, or what you want to do more of). 

Scheme deck - There are several out there as a new one gets produced every year as a new Gaining  grounds comes out. I personally really love having a card to remind me about my scheme I selected, so I'm a big fan over buying/making this, but if you are just starting, I would see what your local playes play. If they play the latest Gaining grounds, you will need to get that one possible as well as the original one (I don't think the gaining grounds ones have the original strategies in, but I might be wrong). 

Broken Promises upgrade deck - If you only have 1 master this probably isn't that high a priority, but some masters really like their new upgrades from there. 

All the books - This will let you know what all the models out there do. Helps you plan new purchases, and know what your opponent will do. 

• Like 1