Asami Wave 5: what to buy?

Calriel

Dear friends,

I am not a TT player (yet), but I am considering picking up Asami. Since she's summoning, that means a few extra models - which as a Resser I don't really mind.

Now if you could help me shop for her, what boxes would you tell me to pick up to play her properly? 

Thanks!

Seb

Obviously:
- Obsidian Onis
- Jorogumo

She also likes Yasonori, Kamaitachi (Card Draw, Heal, 2 Pushes), Terracotta Warrior and Katanaka Snipers (douple Focus? Yes, please).

You can play her with many other models, but that covers already the most.  Always worth considering are Ten Thunder Brothers, The Dragon and Monks of Low River.
Her Henchman, in my opinion, is one of the best Ten Thunders have. Unfortunately Ohagaru eats a lot of cards, which bites a bit with a Summoner Master.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hanna said:

Obviously:
- Obsidian Onis
- Jorogumo

She also likes Yasonori, Kamaitachi (Card Draw, Heal, 2 Pushes), Terracotta Warrior and Katanaka Snipers (douple Focus? Yes, please).

You can play her with many other models, but that covers already the most.  Always worth considering are Ten Thunder Brothers, The Dragon and Monks of Low River.
Her Henchman, in my opinion, is one of the best Ten Thunders have. Unfortunately Ohagaru eats a lot of cards, which bites a bit with a Summoner Master.

I'll second your on the Oni and Jorogumo, mainly because of the new Wave 5 upgrade that gives her Flicker to play with. If you don't use the Wave 5 upgrades, you can probably skip these guys.

My main pickups with Asami are Yasunori and Terracotta Warrior. I've actually been stepping away from the Kamaitachi as I'm starting to find a lot of value in her own totem as well.

Next up will probably be the Emissary with her Oni upgrade. He makes it so much easier to score scheme marker related schemes due ot also dropping a marker on a sacrifice within 6". Not to mention he can also do the combo trick with his 0 and the protection of Terracotta Warrior to up Flicker +1.

The trick works as follows: TW protects the summon you want to go +1 on. Use the Emissary 0 to +1 it and send the damage to the TW via the protection condition. Thanks to the wording, TW can place a card at the bottom of the deck to fully negate the damage. This can be clutch if you really need that Jorogumo to stay somewhere just a little bit longer.

My niche pick has also been mentioned here: Mr. Tannen. That extra cost cheating aura does quite a lot of work in either draining card, changing opponents activation order or outright abandoning offence on certain of your models. I've had players not go after Asami due to her Df 7 and tannen closeby. Then ofcourse there is the obvious benefit of getting cheaper summons if you actually have the mask in hand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1