Lady justice

Joachim

Hello guys,

I've decided to play lady justice in an upcoming tournament. It is a small event and a very uncompetitive scene, so it's more important to have fun and be a good opponent (though still trying to win games) for me. My pool of guild models is very limited and is more scewered towards cool and/or thematic models than the best fits with lj. I enjoy playing her though I don't have a lot of experience with her. 

My question: based on the models I own what kind of combo's are strong, are there explicit weaknesses, etc. I recently purchased abuela ortega and I was also wondering what anyone's experience is with using her and the brutal emissary to get lady j up the field.

My model pool:

Lj box obviously

Jury

Brutal emissary

Brutal effigy

Lone marshal

Death marshal recruiters

Executioners

Abuela ortega

Guild riflemen

6 minutes ago, Joachim said:

Hello guys,

I've decided to play lady justice in an upcoming tournament. It is a small event and a very uncompetitive scene, so it's more important to have fun and be a good opponent (though still trying to win games) for me. My pool of guild models is very limited and is more scewered towards cool and/or thematic models than the best fits with lj. I enjoy playing her though I don't have a lot of experience with her. 

My question: based on the models I own what kind of combo's are strong, are there explicit weaknesses, etc. I recently purchased abuela ortega and I was also wondering what anyone's experience is with using her and the brutal emissary to get lady j up the field.

My model pool:

Lj box obviously

Jury

Brutal emissary

Brutal effigy

Lone marshal

Death marshal recruiters

Executioners

Abuela ortega

Guild riflemen

I'd say most of those pieces work well with lj generally.  Riflemen are the only ones that really lack synergy with her.

16 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

My model pool:

Lj box obviously

Jury

Brutal emissary

Brutal effigy

Lone marshal

Death marshal recruiters

Executioners

Abuela ortega

Guild riflemen

Justice Master
Jury - is same valued like Judge. When u need bully u pick Judge, when u go damage u pick Jury. 

Brutal Emissary - Best transport guild Has. Overall great bully. Not core model but still very very good.

Brutal Effigy - core model unless u pick Field Reporters or other low cost models, then its 50-50 cause all of them do no damage.

Lone Marshal - great vs SH based armies like Gremlins has great sustain against Ressers, otherwise no point to take.

D. Recruiters - great model but never saw more than one in the crew. Picking two of them is very situational.

Executioners - good model, but there is no point to take more than 1 in the crew.

Abuela ortega - pointless to take her if u dont base your crew on FAMILY models.

Guild rifleman - i consider as very very situational model. If u want good shooter take Austringer. 

Those models almost don't combo each other. Only thing u might like is unbury models in LOS of any Scheme marker, or Justice will never die while D. Recruiters are close enough and u have cards in your hand.

The Jury is pretty great with LJ and recruiters since she helps with a few of their nasty triggers.

If you use the emissary you can fit Abuela in to rocket Lady Justice up the board turn 1. After that she provides a pretty nice shooting attack and can work with another model to make them both more mobile.

3 hours ago, Rillan said:

Lone Marshal - great vs SH based armies like Gremlins has great sustain against Ressers, otherwise no point to take.

Abuela ortega - pointless to take her if u dont base your crew on FAMILY models.

Those models almost don't combo each other. Only thing u might like is unbury models in LOS of any Scheme marker, or Justice will never die while D. Recruiters are close enough and u have cards in your hand.

About the lone marshal, I actually had some pretty good games with him. What is underestimated on him is that he pushes 10" and still gets a focussed shot off, if you think about that that's pretty crazy. He can be really nice to engage scheme runners on a flank, because he can still push around and get shots off, and push back in to engagement. Late game he can also be a good scheme runner cause he's pretty fast. He has a lot of competition from other models, but he has a unique move and in my opinion is a bit underestimated.

I actually don't believe abuela needs a family crew to function. The combo with the emissary can be strong. After that she still has a no charge aura and a good shot. I agree that without using the emissary she has no real synnergy with the crew.

I strongly disagree that the models I have don't combo together. I've always felt that jury and death marshal recruiter form a really strong duo to stand behind lj. Condition removal, heal, hard to kill aura, extra attacks on Lj. Plus there are a lot of chances to discard cards which basically makes the scales arcane reservoir +2.

• Agree 1

Jury, brutal effigy, and dm recruiter are in all my lady justice crews.  You can add Abuela and the emissary, but you are missing a way to get a scheme marker way up the board early.  Maybe order the lone Marshal up and double move with him turn 1 then drop a scheme turn two.  Add the scales to that and you have 4 stones left for upgrades and eight models.

4 minutes ago, jchrisobrien said:

Jury, brutal effigy, and dm recruiter are in all my lady justice crews.  You can add Abuela and the emissary, but you are missing a way to get a scheme marker way up the board early.  Maybe order the lone Marshal up and double move with him turn 1 then drop a scheme turn two.  Add the scales to that and you have 4 stones left for upgrades and eight models.

You can obey something that double walked to drop a marker. Its starting to get card intensive, but you know your hand before you start moving (its a relatively expensive version of the Austringer/clockwork trap combo but can be done with the models owned by the original poster)

2 hours ago, jchrisobrien said:

I find the emissary's double walk is plenty far up the board for my purposes.  The only time I used the scheme marker ones is against enemy crews that drop markers early (Collette, titiana, Shen long)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I have a list I’ve run recently that you have all the pieces for. 

Lady J 

*ashwood coffin

*last stand

*swordfighter 

Scales 

2x DM Recruiters

*2x lead lined coat (or debt, depending)

The Lone Marshal 

*debt or plant evidence

2x Death Marshals 

Brutal Effigy

Basically I was trying to work the ‘box’ mechanic.  I had LJ box up the big threats and the DM recruiters beat on it. Then I used the scales to get some of the cards back. 

It isn’t ‘optimal’ per se, but I definitely caught the other player off guard. 

The DMRs can also keep LJ, the Lone Marshal, or even the regular DMs alive for one more punch, which is something else a lot of people forget.  You just have to make a buddy system with them. 

I bunched LJ, the effigy, one DMR, and a DM on one side, and the Lone Marshal, a DMR, and the other DM on the other with the scales floating about to hide mostly. 

Again, not really optimal in all cases, but I managed to 10 point that game ;)