Legal substitute fore mindless zombie

Way2blaster

It's tricky because, technically, the answer is both "yes" and "no".

Based on the official tournament rules, "Proxies" are strictly forbidden (except for a few specific ones).  "Conversions" are fine, but require TO approval and a minimum of Wyrd parts.

So if you're going the "paint them undead" route, you may want to do more work then that (put big wounds and broken bones or something) and be sure that your local TO is on board.  Otherwise you'll show up with your big set of custom zombies and get rejected.

I would find out who arranges the tournaments you want to attend and ask them directly, this will be a matter of individual decision by tournament organisers. If you intend to travel the world and play in a large number of events you will want the proper models to not get screwed over when you're on another continent. If you only ever play with your local group just bribe and flatter them until they let you use them. ;) 

• Like 4

I know this is political.... but I had to say it.

A plastic model with a small picture glued on featuring a member of the Trump White House.  Although honestly a great and wide range of public figures would suffice.

Have you considered looking for a small Kardashian model, that would seem to fit the bill.  I mean the possibilities are endless.

On a serious note +1 to Ludvig, what is acceptable is what the tournament organizers and/or your opponent is happy with.  The number 1 absolute rule is that it is 110% clear that it is the model it is supposed to represent, so using for example a Dead Doxie as a stand in for a Mindless Zombie is a big NO.  But with the number of zombie figures and games out there I'd imagine you could find viable alternatives.  

• Haha 2

There's also a lot of boxes out there that have 3 copies of the same model that you will never need more than 1 or 2 of. For example, I would never want a 3rd Railworker in an Arcanist or Thunders list. Even 2 Railworkers is pushing it.

So, with some minor conversion work, that third unused Railworker became a Mindless Zombie. A little bit of gore, pale coloured skin and dirty clothing and he was perfect.

I traded for 3 Mindless Zombie models then added a few from existing Malifaux models that would otherwise sit on the shelf doing literally nothing. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...