Jump to content
Nef

Monday Preview - Fitzsimmons and Saboteurs

Recommended Posts

Man, first Popcorn & Co, then Immolated Rhino, now Fitzsimmons? These previews are answering all of my burning questions!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love them! Might just paint the banner of Fitzsimmons diffently though... The real issue here in Chile is the neverborn XD

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MS&U and Burny. Me Like! Good Company for Willie/ Miss Fire!

I'll call them "The Mad Midnight Bombers, What Bombs, at Midnight!"

...SPOON!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I almost pity my lovely little bits of tender, that will go up in the purifying flame.
59dd453c845be.image.jpg

 

Edited by Strype McClaine
Burning
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually a little miffed since I had an idea for 10T Saboteurs, down to the blowing up scheme markers :P

 

Still though, these look awesome and I'm looking forward to getting the box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitzsimmons using scheme markers and exploding enemies!? Sounds like Colette might have a new best friend to take advantage of all those markers that get thrown about. :lol:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingCrow said:

Fitzsimmons using scheme markers and exploding enemies!? Sounds like Colette might have a new best friend to take advantage of all those markers that get thrown about. :lol:

He’s kind of stepping on Carlos’s toes with the exploding scheme markers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

He’s kind of stepping on Carlos’s toes with the exploding scheme markers. 

True, but if I want to blow up scheme markers, I just have a Performer do it since it has greater range and has scarier effects which makes the opponent more willing to cheat in cards.  The Saboteurs may be better with Colette since they don't discard the scheme markers when they use their abilities. 

Either way, Fitzsimmons and the Saboteurs are going to be VERY useful for the "underrated" masters who require additional setup (i.e. Dancing Sabre Colette and Kaeris).  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just think I will need to also hire a couple miners, so the saboteurs can be infiltrated in the Star Theatre crowds, not the stage company...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sakurazuka38 said:

I'm a noob in arcanist section (i only have Ramos box)...is this box mean to be play with Ramos or Kaeris ?

Just based on the bit in the preview, it seems like these guys should slot in with quite a few masters but will probably bring a lot to crews lead by Kaeris and Colette.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WWHSD said:

Just based on the bit in the preview, it seems like these guys should slot in with quite a few masters but will probably bring a lot to crews lead by Kaeris and Colette.

And today is my quote WWHSD day.

Yep, really look promising for Colette and Kaeris which is outstanding as those are two of the three (poor Mei, but we'll see) Arcanist masters currently on the lower edge of the curve.  So super pleased to see that this box seems to target masters that need a little support as opposed to the 'make better more' strategy.

Curious to see what the (0) actions might be for these models, Burning is already a fiddly set-up mechanic so wondering if how these guys work in the move + interact + special power scenario.  Will they be models which need to set-up over 2-3 rounds or need support from a second model to pull off tricks?

Will Fitzsimmons attack only damage enemy models or is it a simple blast which could hit friends?  Also his durability will be interesting 6' is danger close.

Disguised saboteurs, so I assume this means the special rule, which is promising, although interesting, I mean "hey, look at that person in the gas mask with the detonator..." that must be an impressive disguise.  Wonder on the range of detonate hidden charges, seems like it could be tricky to pull off reliably.  Poison knives provides more Poison for Arcanists who seem to be getting a nasty sub-theme going but need some way to expunge to make it truly lethal, strange as well because until now the poison had been solidly entrenched in Marcus Beasts, but obviously the risk now is every new Beast/Poison could result in a super deadly McM synergy.  

Will Ironsides Burning, the Riot-sides start to become a thing?  I've never seen anyone talk up her Molotov cocktail upgrade and emphasize Toni as the rabble rouser theme, it would seem as though these would be the models to do that.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dancater said:

Disguised saboteurs, so I assume this means the special rule, which is promising, although interesting, I mean "hey, look at that person in the gas mask with the detonator..." that must be an impressive disguise.  Wonder on the range of detonate hidden charges, seems like it could be tricky to pull off reliably.  Poison knives provides more Poison for Arcanists who seem to be getting a nasty sub-theme going but need some way to expunge to make it truly lethal, strange as well because until now the poison had been solidly entrenched in Marcus Beasts, but obviously the risk now is every new Beast/Poison could result in a super deadly McM synergy.  

Poison... like the Performers pseudoexpunge???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The preview suggests that these actions target enemies.  Depending on how all this works and how much damage/burning we’re talking about, this could make for a pretty impressive mine field.  Mech Rider will probably go well with Fitzsimmons for setting up a cluster bomb at range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bizzrak said:

MS&U and Burny. Me Like! Good Company for Willie/ Miss Fire!

I'll call them "The Mad Midnight Bombers, What Bombs, at Midnight!!

Yeah baby yeah baby yeah!!!!

(Sorry, couldn't help it)

 

I Didn't Start The Fire.  man I love this game!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×