Monday Preview - Fitzsimmons and Saboteurs

Nef

1 hour ago, KingCrow said:

Fitzsimmons using scheme markers and exploding enemies!? Sounds like Colette might have a new best friend to take advantage of all those markers that get thrown about. :lol:

He’s kind of stepping on Carlos’s toes with the exploding scheme markers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

He’s kind of stepping on Carlos’s toes with the exploding scheme markers. 

True, but if I want to blow up scheme markers, I just have a Performer do it since it has greater range and has scarier effects which makes the opponent more willing to cheat in cards.  The Saboteurs may be better with Colette since they don't discard the scheme markers when they use their abilities. 

Either way, Fitzsimmons and the Saboteurs are going to be VERY useful for the "underrated" masters who require additional setup (i.e. Dancing Sabre Colette and Kaeris).  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sakurazuka38 said:

I'm a noob in arcanist section (i only have Ramos box)...is this box mean to be play with Ramos or Kaeris ?

Just based on the bit in the preview, it seems like these guys should slot in with quite a few masters but will probably bring a lot to crews lead by Kaeris and Colette.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WWHSD said:

Just based on the bit in the preview, it seems like these guys should slot in with quite a few masters but will probably bring a lot to crews lead by Kaeris and Colette.

And today is my quote WWHSD day.

Yep, really look promising for Colette and Kaeris which is outstanding as those are two of the three (poor Mei, but we'll see) Arcanist masters currently on the lower edge of the curve.  So super pleased to see that this box seems to target masters that need a little support as opposed to the 'make better more' strategy.

Curious to see what the (0) actions might be for these models, Burning is already a fiddly set-up mechanic so wondering if how these guys work in the move + interact + special power scenario.  Will they be models which need to set-up over 2-3 rounds or need support from a second model to pull off tricks?

Will Fitzsimmons attack only damage enemy models or is it a simple blast which could hit friends?  Also his durability will be interesting 6' is danger close.

Disguised saboteurs, so I assume this means the special rule, which is promising, although interesting, I mean "hey, look at that person in the gas mask with the detonator..." that must be an impressive disguise.  Wonder on the range of detonate hidden charges, seems like it could be tricky to pull off reliably.  Poison knives provides more Poison for Arcanists who seem to be getting a nasty sub-theme going but need some way to expunge to make it truly lethal, strange as well because until now the poison had been solidly entrenched in Marcus Beasts, but obviously the risk now is every new Beast/Poison could result in a super deadly McM synergy.  

Will Ironsides Burning, the Riot-sides start to become a thing?  I've never seen anyone talk up her Molotov cocktail upgrade and emphasize Toni as the rabble rouser theme, it would seem as though these would be the models to do that.    

23 hours ago, Bizzrak said:

MS&U and Burny. Me Like! Good Company for Willie/ Miss Fire!

I'll call them "The Mad Midnight Bombers, What Bombs, at Midnight!!

Yeah baby yeah baby yeah!!!!

(Sorry, couldn't help it)

I Didn't Start The Fire.  man I love this game!

• Haha 1