Is ttb alive?

ShirleyMoor

Hi, guys! I've just started preparing my first ttb campaign and I'm really excited by this game, however, I found that some books refer to other books,  which are not out yet, and all info about them is very old. 

So, are we getting from nightmares anytime soon and is ttb actually alive? :)

I would say it is alive, just that it is one of the things that Wyrd does among several games now.  Honestly Wyrd is not the biggest company and they are tackling the Other Side on top of everything they had before.  Not saying they are biting off more than they can chew but it means they sometimes need to take their time chewing their bites to make sure they don't make a mess or swallow wrong.  If you really look at it the books they have released cover a pretty wide range so far so it is easily playable without the new books *unless you want to play full born Neverborn characters, that has to wait a bit*.

Personally I really want to see Above the Law book because I have yet to see a character take the Heavy Gun skill because they are so costly *and not just the weapon but ammo too*.   With the gunner pursuit and possible cheaper options it will be very interesting to see this open up.

There have been recent Monday previews from Above the Law (guild book), just before Christmas I believe. While a release date hasn't been announced yet, it should be coming soon. After that, the only factions not covered will be Neverborn and Ten Thunders, so hopefully we'll see books for them sooner rather than later.

There have also been recent adventures released - Jurassic Faux, plus A Stitch in Time and Fire in the Sky (both a compilation of previous Worldwide Events), and the the Obsidian Gate has been announced with the first Act releasing next week (Worldwide Event for this year, tied to The Other Side). Northern Sedition (the sequel to the Northern Aggression campaign) has also been announced.

And on top of all that, there is usually a free adventure in each bi-monthly issue of the Wyrd Chronicles.

The game is still very much alive and being supported - frankly, it's better supported than a lot of games released by bigger companies. :)

• Agree 1