On the definition of horror

Franchute

Hello

I did something stupid the other day as I bought Molly's box. Dont get me wrong: the minis are incredible and certainly useful to any ressurs player. It's just that I already have plenty of minis to paint and I should limit my purchases... :)

Anyway, as I was studying the crew and how to play it, I was wondering how exactly to define a horror. I know a model is a horror when it is written on its card, but how would you define it to somebody who does not know the game. The other day I told a friend they are pieces of dead meat all put together to form an undead entity, but I'm not sure I am correct. Things like Archie, the kentaurois or the rogue necromancy would sort of correspond to this definition, but what about punk zombies, crooligans or the drowned? Is anyone aware of any piece of fluff which would clarify a bit this uncertainty? I'm also wondering why is Archie a horror while flesh constructs are not.

• Like 1

The best description is probably Zombies.  Its not going to be 100% right, but its probably a good start.

The Malifaux definition of a horror is probably a Model that Molly has affinity with, that isn't a belle or a spirit. You can read stories of her interactions with Archie (I can't remember if they are chronicles or her older stories in the books)

Whilst you're at it you could  realise that you will have the same problem defining spirit...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Butch said:

Horror: undead with some kind of body

Spirit: undead without some kind of body

Most of all it is just a definition: if it says "horror" on the card it is a horror model.

I’m going with this. Roughly speaking, an undead is what you get when the dead flesh and the soul inside it are mismatched, and whichever is dominant is the sub-type. Molly the soul anchored in the correct flesh, and all who followed, were a symptom of Tyrannical meddling.

• Like 2