M2E Ramos

retnab

10 minutes ago, hemgath said:

One question about "leviathan power core" do you increase "powering up" when you use soulstone for reflip init or draw card ?

Nope. A model has to spend or discard the stones. That doesn't happen for those start of turn ways to spend stones.

• Like 1

On the bright side, I'm pretty sure those are the only two cases where you wouldn't get Powering Up though!  Even times when you're discarding soulstones to stop an attack or trigger (like with Howard or Greed) they're phrased so it's the model doing the discarding, so you still get the benefit here.

Just started with Ramos, and the few games I have played I find it very strong to be able to fire into engagement without randomizing. Getting all those spiders in to lower df and fire. So this got me thinking about what models have this ability? Ramos of course, and Hans from outcast. But is there more?

Cheers.

Anyone with a long range Sh or Ca attack that doesn't have a :ranged doesn't randomize, Silent Ones and the Crossroads Seven are the first to come to mind.  Also, Sandeep can let any Academics not randomize into nearby targets with one of his upgrades (and another upgrade can turn any one model into an Academic each turn).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I had an idea for a crew with strike marker synergy as a goal, which would maybe be good in board control scenarios ( something like guard the stash/extraction/symbols.) Let's see what kinda discussion we can can get for it.

Declared Faction: Arcanists 
Crew Name: Strike one 50ss 
Leader: Ramos - Cache:(3)
   Vox Populi 1ss 
   Arcane Reservoir 2ss 
   Leviathan Power Core 1ss 
Malifaux Child 2ss 
The Captain 9ss 
   Patron's Blessing 1ss 
   Imbued Energies 1ss 
Joss 10ss 
   Bleeding Edge Tech 1ss 
   Imbued Energies 1ss 
Union Steamfitter 6ss 
Slate Ridge Mauler 7ss 
   Circus Bear 0ss 
Mobile Toolkit 3ss 

The main things I was wondering about:

Leviathan power core might not be as worth it, since you're almost certainly using 1ap a turn strike markering. Could swap that out for one of his 2 SS upgrades, probably under Pressure or Arcing screen depending on how aggressive you're wanting to go and if you take Joss or not. Seize the day could be also be worth it.

Joss is great, but you can probably flex him a bit if you want, since you have the steamfitter if you really need extra scrap. Amina would be good, more pushing, and making people not attack injured models could be fun if you surround them with injured spiders. Or just double down on strike markers with lazerus.

As a side note, slate ridge mauler seems mean with steamfitter: armor 1, ItW, HtK, and 10 wds, plus possible healing. Nasty that.

This is my Vox Populi crew

Crew Name: Ramos Vox 50ss 
   Vox Populi 1ss 
   Arcane Reservoir 2ss 
   Electric Summoning 1ss 
Malifaux Child 2ss 
The Captain 9ss 
   Patron's Blessing 1ss 
Union Steamfitter 6ss 
Slate Ridge Mauler 7ss 
   Circus Bear 0ss 
Slate Ridge Mauler 7ss 
   Circus Bear 0ss 
Lazarus 10ss 
   Imbued Energies 1ss 

14 minutes ago, Scatterbrain said:

Thanks @retnab! Do you, or any other player, have much experience with the Guild Assets upgrade? I'm curious to hear how Ramos and his crew go when they have access to Ryle and Guild Constructs.

I think you're thinking of Hoffman's Arcanist Assets, which lets him borrow from the Arcanists.  Sadly, it doesn't work the other way around, no borrowing Ryle for us :( 

1 hour ago, Fictor said:

Vox Populi 1ss 
   Arcane Reservoir 2ss 
   Electric Summoning 1ss 
Malifaux Child 2ss 
The Captain 9ss 
   Patron's Blessing 1ss 
Union Steamfitter 6ss 
Slate Ridge Mauler 7ss 
   Circus Bear 0ss 
Slate Ridge Mauler 7ss 
   Circus Bear 0ss 
Lazarus 10ss 
   Imbued Energies 1ss 

I'm curious, why Electric Summoning? I've never really gotten much out of that one, you already want the 8+ of tomes for summoning spiders, I feel like you'll just end up being starved for them more often than not.

On that that same line, playing Ramos with only 3 SS seems pretty rough as well. I know the list isn't solely about summoning, but it's area denial and attrition, which spiders help with (plus the obvious of scheme running.) Do you not find yourself wanting more later in the game?

3 hours ago, retnab said:

I think you're thinking of Hoffman's Arcanist Assets, which lets him borrow from the Arcanists.  Sadly, it doesn't work the other way around, no borrowing Ryle for us :( 

Oops! 😥That's embarrassing. But on the plus side, at least it's solved the tricky conundrum of whether I was going to keep the Peacekeeper and Watcher I bought for myself or give them to my partner for her Guild. 😏

9 hours ago, BFOmega said:

I'm curious, why Electric Summoning? I've never really gotten much out of that one, you already want the 8+ of tomes for summoning spiders, I feel like you'll just end up being starved for them more often than not.

On that that same line, playing Ramos with only 3 SS seems pretty rough as well. I know the list isn't solely about summoning, but it's area denial and attrition, which spiders help with (plus the obvious of scheme running.) Do you not find yourself wanting more later in the game?

The app only show the cache, in the crew have 4ss pool, and yes Electric Summoning upgrade is the worst part of the crew, you can down that and up the ss pool to 5, but with 6 strike markers on the table I want to see if the bombs give me more enemy movement control.

15 hours ago, Fictor said:

Vox Populi 1ss 
   Arcane Reservoir 2ss 
   Electric Summoning 1ss 
Malifaux Child 2ss 
The Captain 9ss 
   Patron's Blessing 1ss 
Union Steamfitter 6ss 
Slate Ridge Mauler 7ss 
   Circus Bear 0ss 
Slate Ridge Mauler 7ss 
   Circus Bear 0ss 
Lazarus 10ss 
   Imbued Energies 1ss 

I see very little scrap marker generation (basically just the steamfitter), are you just not focusing on summoning? Or are you planning on summoning and killing an EC every turn?

47 minutes ago, cbtb11235813 said:

I see very little scrap marker generation (basically just the steamfitter), are you just not focusing on summoning? Or are you planning on summoning and killing an EC every turn?

The Steamfitter can drop scrap markers by discarding cards but remember, Ramos can summon up to 3 Spiders from a single scrap marker and once they are killed, they also drop scrap markers since they are Constructs.  You only need one scrap marker to get Ramos's summoning engine going.  

• Agree 1

common thing is hire a cheap SS construct like mobile toolkit (3ss) then use joss or large arachnid and crack it in half, you'll then get 1 scrap marker for construct dying and one for joss or large arachnids passive that gives you a scrap marker in addition to any other ones.

since spiders also give you scrap markers you slowly flood the board in scrap markers. you could say that everytime you summon with ramos you go from 1 scrap marker to a future 1/2/3 scrap markers depending on the amount of spiders you summoned ;) 

19 minutes ago, KingCrow said:

The Steamfitter can drop scrap markers by discarding cards but remember, Ramos can summon up to 3 Spiders from a single scrap marker and once they are killed, they also drop scrap markers since they are Constructs.  You only need one scrap marker to get Ramos's summoning engine going.  

It only takes one, but I enjoy have more options for them, because I don't always have a dead spider when I need one, and I hate wasting AP to kill them myself later in the game

48 minutes ago, KingCrow said:

Electric Summoning can also get some scrap markers on on the board for you. 

• Like 1

Ramos only need the Steamfitter scrap, when he summons the 3 arachnids they summons whit only 2wd, if you need you can use magnetism to move and kill one for another scrap, and like other says Electrical Summoning gives you more scrap and maybe the enemy kills someone of your constructs, or an arachnid can move into Strike Marker of you need.

You only want more scrap if you take Combat Mechanic upgrade and want to heal.

And now with Steamfitter, take Mechanical Toolkit and Joss to kill him for two scraps are very bad option, because you loss Joss's Aps and one miniature, I prefer the Steamfitter option.

On 5/4/2018 at 2:15 PM, Scatterbrain said:

Oops! 😥That's embarrassing. But on the plus side, at least it's solved the tricky conundrum of whether I was going to keep the Peacekeeper and Watcher I bought for myself or give them to my partner for her Guild. 😏

Unless you play with avatars which allows Ramos to pinch them.

15 hours ago, Vorschlag said:

Unless you play with avatars which allows Ramos to pinch them.

Good to know. 😉 My LGS still has a dusty Ramos avatar on the shelf from back when they were current. But I think I'd better stick with the canonical tournament rules or I'll end up learning Ramos tricks that can't be replicated outside of playing at home. Sounds like he's pretty strong with just the tools available to him already, never minding the lack of access to Peacekeeper and other Guild constructs. 🙂 

16 minutes ago, Scatterbrain said:

Good to know. 😉 My LGS still has a dusty Ramos avatar on the shelf from back when they were current. But I think I'd better stick with the canonical tournament rules or I'll end up learning Ramos tricks that can't be replicated outside of playing at home. Sounds like he's pretty strong with just the tools available to him already, never minding the lack of access to Peacekeeper and other Guild constructs. 🙂 

It's not that bad. Ramos doesn't have much synergy with his crew outside of summoning in more of them, and the plus flip attack aura for stompybots. Yes, Hoffman can borrow Ramos' stompybots, but then he does more to interact with them anyway. If you really want that Ramos avatar it can be an arcane emissary for you (but not nearly as cool as an awesome disturbing giant stompybot avatar!) but not super popular to field that with Ramos.

45 minutes ago, Vorschlag said:

Do you think the emissary with his signature upgrade would work with the burning build?

Ive only played swarm builds as arcanists are not one of my main factions.

I think Arcanists have one of the worst Emissaries and Ramos has the most lackluster Conflux upgrade. You can probably make the big flaming robo-bull work with Ramos if you really want to but there’s usually a better way to spend 10SS.

• Agree 1

I am skeptical of Vox Populi. To do damage am I right that the Net result is spend a Masters AP and The Captains AP to displace and damage?  That seems inefficient and with no guarantees it’s going to potentially cost cards. 

One of the reasons I like Ramos’ other upgrade uoptions is that they don’t require a card. (Looking at under pressure or leviathan core).

Cards are tight when playing Ramos. Vox and AirBustvboth requires a 6. The feels high  

• Agree 1