Help choosing master for gg18

saxcloud

Pandora,dreamer,collodi,zoraida,lilith. 

I have those 5 masters, wich one do you advice TO take for the gg18 scenarios for march? Didnt play those scenario, but i feel that a Pandora can be a pain in the Ass for AT least a pair scenario ( voices Pandora with fugue state) . What do you advice ?

I had an idea to run almost the same topic. However, it would be great to do it in a more complex way. I mean to include opponents factions!

For example, strat A is good for master B with these supportive models against faction C and strat A is good for master D with these models against faction E, etc.

On 3/2/2018 at 6:13 PM, saxcloud said:

Pandora,dreamer,collodi,zoraida,lilith. 

Strategies & Paired Schemes:

Ply / Surround: Pandora w Fugue & Barbaros, or Zoraida

Executions / Eliminate: Pandora, Lilith, or Collodi

Symbols / Punish: Zoraida or Fugue Pandora

Ours! / Guarded Treasure: Anyone but Dreamer

Wagons / Guarded Treasure: Lilith with Cherub for the (0) Interacts

Opponent Faction:

Guild - Lilith, in case of Sonnia.

Resurrectionists - Low WP,  summoning. Pandora or Dreamer.

Arcanists - Low WP and armor. Predilection for relic hammers and ignoring armor, and casting damage. Pandora (Voices or Box), Zoraida, or Lilith.

Neverborn - Black blood, negative conditions. A tricky one. Maybe avoid Lilith due to low WP

Outcasts  - Snipers and long-reach beaters, high WP. Dreamer, Collodi, or Lilith

Gremlins - Low WP, high damage. Dreamer

Ten Thunders - High WP, long reach and utility. Low model counts. I'd suggest Lilith by default.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@meows0r did a great overview, I wouldn't mind adding Lilith to symbols.

Her ability to Root or Tangle Shadows an enemy who's approaching a marker, or displacing a minion for example seems pretty good. She has great mobility and good board control in general, trees for coverage and if really needed, an accurate melee action. Both other masters do it well too.

Something I thought up of for Wagon, was Summoning Dreamer, give the rider fast (requires Warped Reality though) so he can push twice turn 1, he can summon enforcers, with Lilitu & Lelu being common turn 1 summons in general, which helps for Guarded Treasure. Serena summons back, so depending on deployment, after summoning back, she can make it back to the centerline. Rider is still great after pushing the Wagon, he's fast and can use the Wagon as cover for the first couple of turns, before getting his buffs. Lilith might do it better, but Dreamer may be great too :)

• Agree 1

The first three strategy are public execution, ply for information and ours!

for the first two Pandora voices with fugue state can be really hard to counter. 

The third is controlling quarter with ss value of models. So I thought very valuable a summoning dreamer. What about it?

20 minutes ago, saxcloud said:

The first three strategy are public execution, ply for information and ours!

for the first two Pandora voices with fugue state can be really hard to counter. 

The third is controlling quarter with ss value of models. So I thought very valuable a summoning dreamer. What about it?

Summoned models don't count in ours

1 hour ago, saxcloud said:

OH shit didn't see that :( 

well i I can always try to kill his model with summoned models ;) and score with my original models but instead models like young/mature or silurids "evolved" doesn't count too? 

Anything that says ‘summoned’. Serena won’t count after dying either, nor will any Grown Nephilim.

11 hours ago, saxcloud said:

OH shit didn't see that :( 

well i I can always try to kill his model with summoned models ;) and score with my original models but instead models like young/mature or silurids "evolved" doesn't count too? 

I would also remind you that upgrades don't count. So if you go summoning dreamer, you spend a fair chunk of your starting SS on upgrades that don't score to allow you to summon models that don't score. 

I'm not saying that Summoning dreamer can't do fine in Ours, but you are starting with some handicaps that you will need to take into account when you plan what you are doing. 

What about Titania and Lynch? Which strategies and opponent factions are they happy to face?

I guess Lynch can be good at "Ours", because he likes to kill enemy and Huggy will cost 10 ss for startegy purpose. Just imagine you have free 10 ss for scoring!

Titania is quite flexible, so she suits almost all strategies imo. She can be good choice when they are many scheme markers based schemes at the pool.

1 hour ago, Adran said:

I would also remind you that upgrades don't count. So if you go summoning dreamer, you spend a fair chunk of your starting SS on upgrades that don't score to allow you to summon models that don't score. 

I'm not saying that Summoning dreamer can't do fine in Ours, but you are starting with some handicaps that you will need to take into account when you plan what you are doing. 

Yes maybe is a bad plan but I thought then to use summoned models like lelu lilitu or stitched to outright kill enemy scoring models so to leave relatively safe my starting crew while gaining some  extra activation ( especially stitched) while with sleep cycles I can get more mileage out of chain activation. That way should be legit ;) 

I find Lucius great in Ply. Turns 2+ he Issues Orders to 3 Minions who Ply putting me at a huge advantage for the Strategy. Combined with the Mysterious Emissary's offensive Condition Removal I can just about always score all 4 for the Strat which almost guarantees a win.

In Wagons I like Lilith (I always like Lilith) due to the Cherubs aura of making Interacts cost 1 less.

As mentioned above Jacob Lynch in Ours provides 10 free Points to score the Strat with.

Lots of good choices for Public Executions and in Symbols I take 2 Silurids first and then build the crew.

But summoning Dreamer can still hire a crew like every master does (he is 5SS short though) and use his summons to do damage - stitched come to mind - or tie up enemies - like Lilitu. This way, he doesn't have trade his hired models so much. Plus, if you take tanky minions, he can heal them.

Lynch is fantastic in ours. But I also really want to try colloddi with doll maker. Being able to move models to the table quarters that you need, without your opponent being able to counter it, seems quite strong.

Titania is my go-to in public execution. Either pact or indignation, both works great.