What are some good Ten Thunders builds for Henchman Hardcore?

Baskakov_Dmitriy

23 hours ago, Hargus56 said:

Kang w/RT, Samurai w/Earth, 2xRailWorkers

I have noticed that 1 SS is left in this build. What is a good idea to buy? Which 2d upgrade for Kang?

What do you thing about the following build? (Toshiro the Daimyo, Yin the Penangalan, Chiaki the Niece, something else) What would you take as that something else? I notice that I can present it as either Ten Thunders or Resurrectionist build. 

Sorry looked it up Wings of Wind is what I take with Kang.  Helps the slow moving crew and pushing an engaged friendly to safety so he can score is important.  For your list go with Komainu.  Their Guard is huge with ancestors and synergy with Yin causing negative WP duels which Komainu target is huge.  He may even be better than Izamu.  I think Chiaki is kind of a waste though as The Daimyo buffs nearby minions only.

14 hours ago, Hargus56 said:

Sorry looked it up Wings of Wind is what I take with Kang.  Helps the slow moving crew and pushing an engaged friendly to safety so he can score is important.  For your list go with Komainu.  Their Guard is huge with ancestors and synergy with Yin causing negative WP duels which Komainu target is huge.  He may even be better than Izamu.  I think Chiaki is kind of a waste though as The Daimyo buffs nearby minions only.

I would personally go with Equality or Hard Worker. Even for slow crews you should have no problem engaging models by turn 2, and the area that fighting takes place is rather small. Equality will help keep Kang alive as he gets a free heal every turn your opponent scores, or Hard Worker for ignoring armor and HtW.

Tried this build last few HH games (win all of them):
Toshiro, Dawn Serpent, Komainu, Performer

That was the first time when I took serpent in the list and I was very happy about him. Don't know about bigger formats, but on 20SS fasted by Toshiro (and with :+fate on attack from him with 7 Mi) it is a death machine. Especialy when Performer finish the massacre by her trigger with damge equal to targets poison condition. Also serpent is almost unkillable if you don't mess up with activation order

• Like 1

I like that list.  How does the Komaniu work for you?  Was wondering if an Oiran would be a good substitute.  WP buff, the no attack showgirls condition, disguise always good, another way to get some poison, a lure (card dependent) and Hidden Agenda on Toshiro (probably wouldnt purposely get Toshiro into a combat but hey if it happens fast amd focused for a 0SS upgrade aint bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not very imaginative, so I'd probably take my standard HH list of

Toshiro
Izamu
Komainu
Komainu

It is quite vulnerable to blasts with lots of low df models, but armor should compensate a little for that.

The Komainu attack Snowstorm's weaker willpower stat and can reliably slow when they're near Toshiro, which should help with meelee attack. Ideally you would kill Snowstorm with Izamu from 3" away or use the Komainu to put enough burning on it to kill it by the end of turn and then use their (0) to place away and avoid the death explosion.

But Snowstorm is only one model... what about countering the rest of the crew?

On 3/21/2018 at 12:19 PM, Carecalmo said:

I am not very imaginative, so I'd probably take my standard HH list of

Toshiro
Izamu
Komainu
Komainu

It is quite vulnerable to blasts with lots of low df models, but armor should compensate a little for that.

The Komainu attack Snowstorm's weaker willpower stat and can reliably slow when they're near Toshiro, which should help with meelee attack. Ideally you would kill Snowstorm with Izamu from 3" away or use the Komainu to put enough burning on it to kill it by the end of turn and then use their (0) to place away and avoid the death explosion.

But Snowstorm is only one model... what about countering the rest of the crew?

Other than Snowstorm the crew was a December Acolyte, a reduced cost Ice Golem (could have taken a Blessed of December) and an Ice Gamin.
I tackled this with a Hungering Darkness w/Wings of Wind, two Illuminated and a Wastrel. Frozen Heart models are really not impressed by [Terrifying Living] and have great mobility thanks to Snowstorm. The Ice Golem hits pretty hard when in position, Acolytes are as disgusting as ever. Doesn't help that [Explosive Demise] also took out a chunk of my models, bypassing Incorporeal hurt the list a lot.