Monthly Painting Challenge - March

Franchute

@Purple Mist I totally understand that. I've been told that I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to organization though, and as soon as I got my first minis (which, Malifaux is the only mini game I will ever play... again because I'm also an obsessive collector) I saw that each faction had its own color and every model came with a base.... thus my weird tick kicked in and I had to paint each base according to the faction that model belonged to.

Funny story, I was gifted the red translucent bases for my Rollins (Nightmare McCabe) crew and it drives me crazy. In my mind I feel like he belongs on Ten Thunder bases, but I can't be a bad gift receiver! 

Sorry, this was a long rant to say, I totally understand your feeling! I just can't leave them black.....

• Like 1

@Shock & Awe I wrote I was presenting a personal idea, not a must. Anyway we should also remember that new cards, crew masters and abilities are already introduced options to mix factions. For example, C. Hoffman (Guild Master) has a card giving him the ability to recruit, without extra ss costs, all MSU minis (most of them belonging to Arcanist Faction). We don't know what else wel'll get for the future. I just remarked that the black is a neutral color for this game and an elegant solution to finish base lips.

• Like 1

So much amazing work this month! 

I'm afraid I wasn't able to get to much with moving and such, but I managed to put a few finishing touches on these 2 Tanuki for 10ss total (or 20ss, if they chose to do nothing and lay down a scheme marker this turn!)20180330_124330.jpg.7282dfcddb96649d690e4e0656879d27.jpg20180330_124314.jpg.f61a2cbc6d4a3f0ca535760e18c5f3be.jpg Ready to get back to it in April!

• Like 4

@Icarius, that red and black is great for the Freikorpsmen. I enjoy it a lot. I did something similar with the bases of my Super Dungeon Explore minis - there's a mechanic in the game where each model has a color affinity, and it matters for placement, so most of them have their affinity on their base. Does make it handy for organization, except when there's a dual affinity - "Do I put the yellow/red between the yellow and red? There are far too many of them to fit; where should I overlap them..?"

Anyway, @Franchute, here's my pledge from (last) month: the Dreamer and Lord Chompy Bits for 28ss. Funny story, they were finished March 4th, but I started working and then I lost my camera and spent a week looking for it before giving up and using the cell phone. Ugh.

1238678984_malifaux-neverbornmasterdreamer.thumb.jpg.f713d88fb2ab537b12f7adc5a8e0223b.jpg

I swear, he's blonde. I did a stippling across LCB's body that came out really well, but after a day of trying and failing to get any good pictures with the damn phone I give up. Here's the proof they're painted.

Maybe next month I'll find the camera.

• Like 7

Unfortunately, @Franchute, this is Mulligan #1 month for me. 😞 I copped a bit of an injury at work last week. A 9 year old child hit me in the forearm with a wooden drawer and it bruised up pretty bad. Keeping my wrist still was okay, but making the movements required for painting wasn't possible. The good news is that it's almost completely healed now, so I should be fine for April.

1 hour ago, Scatterbrain said:

Unfortunately, @Franchute, this is Mulligan #1 month for me. 😞 I copped a bit of an injury at work last week. A 9 year old child hit me in the forearm with a wooden drawer and it bruised up pretty bad. Keeping my wrist still was okay, but making the movements required for painting wasn't possible. The good news is that it's almost completely healed now, so I should be fine for April.

Was it baby Kade? Or any other friend of Pandora? 😱 I hope you'll recover quickly.

Loads and loads to comment on but like others am struggling to finish...I have almost finished the Black Blood Shamans but they have no bases and I don't think I will get them done in time

@Franchute Sorry but I forgot (again) how many SS do masters count for ? I think I should get Titania finished by 24:00

16 minutes ago, Burnin' Coal said:

Loads and loads to comment on but like others am struggling to finish...I have almost finished the Black Blood Shamans but they have no bases and I don't think I will get them done in time

@Franchute Sorry but I forgot (again) how many SS do masters count for ? I think I should get Titania finished by 24:00

Masters count 15 and zero soulstone models count 5.

I finished  two houses for 10 SS.

My fountain project with resin pour went horribly wrong when adding the last finishing touch at midnight a few days ago. Don't work on your stuff at night, go to bed and save yourself lots of grief, fellow hobbyists!  I managed to salvage it, but there are things I'll need to repair. Wet gel medium and freshly cured resin aren't friends. Live and learn.

At least my houses turned out OK, an old distillery selling questionable liquor and a red downtown house. I am pretty happy with the distillery, it was a lot of fun to put together. I guess I might need Brewmaster now though ;)

o0YrKub.jpg

• Like 6

@Piccio You are a wizard! I'd have needed days and she wouldn't be be half as good. Great job 😲

@Boomstick They are really cute and the different colours in their fur make them stand out.

@Joachim Great detail on the book. I also like the trim on the coat, it adds a nice pop of colour to it.

@Aa7 Wonderful choice. Always love to see my fav ice witch 😍

@Burnin' Coal Those wings are so lifelike! If you are willing to share more details on how you painted the veins, I am sure we'd be all ears ;)

Claiming 6SS for Miss Terious:

miss-dm-turnaround.jpg.323b9531a10c2b649169a1f26cb29002.jpg

One of my least consistent models in terms of quality, I'm afraid. Happy with bits of it, cringing about other bits.

Congratulations to all who finished in what seemed to be a hectic March for everyone.

@Piccio really liking your brushwork this month - blends and freehand both look stellar.

@Viruk glad you and your daughter are both OK.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Franchute said:

The same is happening to me. This is frustrating for an impulsive liker like me😀

May be you should post about these troubles. Guess March Painting Challenge end should be postponed till the time all site troubles are fixed and last picture could be uploaded and "commented".