Resurr Shadow Boxing

mo11usq

Good evening.

Malifaux is a complex game with many skill requirements, one of them being the ability to quickly select an effective crew for the game at hand. The best way to hone this skill is to play lots of games, begin to notice patterns, and learn to judge and use the right tools by trial and error. For most of us this happens gradually, and eventually we will become decent players.

In the immortal words of Ms K. Wilkins "Ain't nobody got time for that". So we spend an inappropriate amount of energy on list building and theoryfaux.

However, if we are going to do it, by the power of Grey Skull lets do it properly! Terrain is a massive element of Malifaux, and something that gets totally neglected in "hey guys, what do you think of my list?" or "Help! What should I bring to this scheme pool?" conversations or forum posts.

Ergo, vis a vis, concordently... every now and then I'll post up an opposing faction, scheme pool and table for us to puzzle out. Will be interesting to see how different Masters and player styles approach the same game.

• Like 7

Ok, I'll start (as the Resser forum some times is.. Quite dead eheh). 

I don't usually play against Guild, so I won't counter-list hard. 

I'd say:

Reva: guises of death, litany of the fallen, decaying aura. 4ss

Asura roten

Carrion emissary: my little helper

Yin the penangalan: my little helper

Shield bearer

Shield bearer

Rotten belle

Quite resilient crew, with 10 activations on t1 (7 models, 1 zombie, 2 candles). 

Reva loves open boards to destroy from the distance and is quite good at Eliminate the leadership (especially ignoring reductions and prevention) and Entourage.

Yin is a good tanky model and the Emissary is the Emissary. 2 upgrades are not bad for Show of Force, and MLH helps protecting them on T2 or 3.

Between Asura and Carrion and Candles we could engage enemy's shooters forcing them to waste APs dealing with them and not shooting us. 

Inescapable trap is not terrible with Emissary's and Reva's ability to turn corpses in schemes as there will be plenty of corpses near enemies, hopefully. 

My 2 cents

Byez

• Like 6

Big open land encourages belles, the ferris wheel blocking the side means any scheme runner there will benefit from incorporeal, leap or flight greatly and the forests encourage the use of unimpeded, flying or incorporeal models so we can abuse them.

Mcmourning w/ Guild Coroner, Plastic Surgery and Moonlighting 3ss

Zombie Chihuaha 2ss

Rafkin w/ MLH 8

Nurse 6

Chiaki The Niece w/ MLH 7

Sebastian w/ Transfusion 8

Draugr 8

Guild Autopsy 4

Guild Autopsy 4

50 SS, 4 cache.

Rather than focus on the good advice i gave above, i have chosen to focus on mcmourning. Public Executions, Show of Force and Take One For the Team on Sebastian. The game will start by trying to advance into the center to score show of force whilst blocking the enemy show of force. Guild Autopsies attempt to poison enemy models with shooting, Draugr provides soulbound upgrades to models so they can recieve plus flips and nurse loads up mcmourning and/or rafkin with poison. Sebastian can provide a kind of pseudocover which will make it hard for the enemy to really scratch us up too bad, and the nurse can heal whilst chiaki removes paralyze if necessary. Mcmourning, Rafkin and the Draugr will chase kills on models injured by poison throughout the game, whilst guild autopsy spreads poison, the nurse attempts to provide control and chiaki neutralizes debuffs whilst turning anything that looks like it does inescapable trap insignificant. On turn 4 sebastian dashes out of the middle straight towards the enemies deployment zone, mcmourning pushes him too if his 0 isnt needed elsewhere to really sell that he has undercover entourage. The enemy will likely see this then go straight for sebastian trying to deny me VP, only to give me sucker. The sides of the board are best avoided here, though Guild Autopsies can provide a little threat and mcmourning is fast enough to travel there and back if needed to take out a shooting model.

Guild Coroner is a useful upgrade, but you can move some points around (maybe take one belle instead of two autopsies) and take decaying aura instead for eliminate the leadership.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Frollo the Wordbearer said:

I'd say:

Asura roten

Shield bearer

Shield bearer

Rotten belle

Quite resilient crew, with 10 activations on t1 (7 models, 1 zombie, 2 candles). 

Reva loves open boards to destroy from the distance and is quite good at Eliminate the leadership (especially ignoring reductions and prevention) and Entourage.

Yin is a good tanky model and the Emissary is the Emissary. 2 upgrades are not bad for Show of Force, and MLH helps protecting them on T2 or 3.

Between Asura and Carrion and Candles we could engage enemy's shooters forcing them to waste APs dealing with them and not shooting us. 

Inescapable trap is not terrible with Emissary's and Reva's ability to turn corpses in schemes as there will be plenty of corpses near enemies, hopefully. 

My 2 cents

Byez

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yea pretty much exactly all of this.  I agree whole heartedly.

And having such an open center, it's the perfect place to drop a few corpses early game with guises of death, asura, and the emissary, you can easily force them through your trap while scoring Show of Force along the way if you go that route.

Ah, I already hate Asura... It was a mistake to let her get through testing as is, though I know she went through some different iterations. She and the Emissary are in every (competitive) list now... 

I would take the Right table side if given the choice. More cover for my crew while moving up the board and leaves him more out in the open.

The Asura list (or one like it) would likely be the most competitive on that board, but here's a Yan Lo list.

• Yan Lo (6cache)
    • Awakening
    • Follow Footsteps
    • Fortify the Spirit (could be changed out, but when I don't take it, I find I could really use that 8Df)
  • Soul Porter
  • Sebastian
    • Those are Not Ours
    • My Little Helper
  • Datsue Ba
    • My Little Helper
    • Spirit Whispers
  • Kentauroi
  • Rotten Belle
  • Student of Steel
  • Crooligan

Sebastian is almost an auto-take for me against Guild. Under Cover can really help with a gunline. My Little Helper will help keep him safe another turn and the Kentauroi can taxi him up into a good position early. He and Datsue can threaten Show of Force, but scheme choice really depends on opponent's crew. Undercover Entourage is pretty easy with Yan Lo, but could put it on Datsue as well. Rotten Belle pulls key models forward for the Kentauroi, Student, or Datsue. Yan Lo tries to charge up as quickly as possible (Seishin help) as he will likely be the primary beater of the crew. He can also Lightning Dance opponents into the Student or others. Student and Datsue are able to ignore armour and I always worry about constructs in Guild. The Belle or Crooligan make possible Take One for the Team targets. Crooligan could be changed for another 4SS model if desired, but offers another option for Cover and has From the Shadows. Sebastian and possibly Datsue Ba are used to summon new models as possible. Yan Lo will be healing every turn that he can to keep key models alive as long as possible.

I really thought about Hayreddin here and could possibly change him out for the Kentauroi. I've found both to be very fragile, but fast. Could change out the Student for Hayreddin as well. 

I really like Sun Quiang as well. A second model that can heal key models is great, but a lot of his abilities center around scheme markers and this pool is severely lacking in scheme marker schemes. 

• Like 1

Other than the crooligan you dont really have any great poison application to really take advantage of sebastian's other abilities. Maybe swap out the student for Rafkin? He can throw poison flasks and add a second threat to your poison related stuff. With those two and crooked plus any dogs you summon from the kentauroi's corpse markers you should be in a good position.

• Like 1

Some great responses, very interesting to read your approaches.

@Nukemouse 's take on terrain and abilities that work with it is spot on. Given the open spaces and scheme pool, consideration of range attack abilities and auras take primacy over movement I'd think - although a terrain ignoring flanking entourage is worth thinking about.

My thoughts:

6ss cache

Yan Lo - awakening, maniacle laugh

Soul porter

Asura Roten

Carrion emissary - carrion conflux

Chiaki 

3× rotten belles

Canine remains

North and east have the best covered approaches to the centre. I think I'd favour North as the terrain density in east promises to disrupt early positioning of my belles and asura. The asymmetry is such that I would choose to deploy first if I won the flip.

Contesting show of force with guild is not my favourite approach. In my meta I expect to see 5 upgrades on a group of combat heavies, and going head to head with that ends in tears. So I won't bother, stones go into acheiving other things and the guild can have those points.

The game plan is to choke the centre with zombies. As peons they do not give up points for the strat, they engage and tie up the enemy advance, and their deaths waste quality guild ap and power up yan. Who knows they may even be able to do some useful asura attacks.

Asura, emissary and potentially canine all give me zombies or corpses for zombies. With 10 activations and 3 belles on + flip lures and asura's attacks and the dog lowering defence I reckon I can add to the turn 1 corpse count.

Lures also counter a gunline in this pool imo.

Powered up yan, emissary, and belle bunker are my main strat scorers. Chiaki, denies this for the opponent (and can be generally annoying)

Belles and yan can work on plucking models put of the centre (show of force denial), chiaki has a desperation option here too. Not trying to contest show means emissary, chiaki and asura can sit back in safety or be dance nodes, as can the belles. The ability to reposition enemies is super important if going for inescapable trap (emissary can convert corpses to scheme markers, dog and belles drop if needed). Don't take this scheme if you see guild investigators.

Yan has the best potential for entourage,  given the terrain and the price on asuras head. Footsteps upgrade would improve chances of slipping bone ascendant in on the crucial turn, but I'd be confident enough without.

Canine or belle as the sucker.

Facing sonnia would really change things and we'd have to lean pretty hard on the emissaries tricks to close the gap. Would be a rough game. Hoffman could be problematic as I don't have anything that deals with armour. Nellie would be nellie.

• Like 1

I'll play.

Seamus- SR, DYKWIA, Hat, Cache of 3

Copycat

Datsue Ba- Spirit Whispers, MLH

Izamu- Wronged Spirits

Jaakuna

Shikome

Rotten Belle

Rotten Belle

Probably take Undercover Entourage (Seamus- its just a freebie) and either Eliminate (depending on their leader choice) or Inescapable Trap. 

Starts with 8 activations and with Datsue Ba summoning a Seishin goes up to 9 first turn. Pop MLH to summon an extra Seishin first turn or to give Izamu or Jaakuna an extra walk. Being peons the CCK or Seishin won't give up Shed Blood and the Seishin can help ensure Seamus can teleport each turn, add to the activations, and can heal, attack WP with their MI so can heal Seamus if he needs it. 

For the strategy Seamus, Datsue Ba, Izamu, and Shikome can all kill decently helping me score for Public Execution and Datsue Ba handing out Adversary make her, Izamu, Jaakuna, and the Shikome even more effective in combat. Datsue and Shikome also can get around armor and Seamus and the CCK's damage tracks are high enough that they can still pound in damage against low armor. Seamus, Datsue, and Izamu are also pretty survivable and the Seishin can help keep thing healthy with heals or run interference and just run up and engage select enemy models to "tie them up" since they can't be scored on for Public Executions. Most turns Datsue Ba will be able to summon instead of giving one of the other spirits a walk since with the Belles and Jaakuna I should be able to pretty reliably drag models in to beat on them. 

The Belles and Jaakuna can drag models around to give me optimal targets of choice and disrupt enemy plans. If the enemy is close (and in Seamus' aura) they can also hand out slow further neutralizing their models. They also make Inescapable Trap fairly easy to pull off too if the opponent has a master that is difficult enough to assassinate that I don't want to take that scheme. 

Seamus's mobility on the board should be amazing and depending on crew composition he should be able to delete a model a turn and make Doxies and Belles to continue the disruption and control. With all the things that attack willpower and the hat he should be able to prevent them scoring Eliminate, the Belles can put a stop to Show of Force and make Inescapable hard for the opponent as well. Take One for the Team is something I would probably give up since most of the damage dealers in this crew are pretty expensive. The only thing I can hope for is too kill their sucker early enough they don't get full points.

Thoughts? 

• Like 1

On 23/02/2018 at 9:22 PM, Nukemouse said:

Other than the crooligan you dont really have any great poison application to really take advantage of sebastian's other abilities. Maybe swap out the student for Rafkin? He can throw poison flasks and add a second threat to your poison related stuff. With those two and crooked plus any dogs you summon from the kentauroi's corpse markers you should be in a good position.

Really Sebastian is there for Under Cover. I've found it to be indispensable on open boards like that. I'm not as concerned about his other abilities other than holding upgrades and running interference if needed. 

Rafkin could be good, but in that case I'd also bring a Little Gasser. That also only leaves me with one armour ignoring model though and that may not be enough against Guild. 

On 2/23/2018 at 3:25 AM, Frollo the Wordbearer said:

I'd say:

Asura roten

Shield bearer

Shield bearer

Rotten belle

My 2 cents

Byez

Disclaimer- I don't play Reva so this is theory not experience.....

This is a really tight crew (on points) without a whole lot of room for tweaks. I like most of it- with Asura and the Emissary you should have a lot of attack vectors for Reva plus they have other good abilities as well. The Rotten Belle and Sheild Bearers look pretty good too; the only thing I am not real wild about is Yin.

I have run him in a few crews and sometimes I really like him but other times I feel he is too slow unless I have something like a Doxy to speed him up the board- the Emissary helps but not quite enough. I might consider swapping Yin & MLH out and replacing it with Anna Lovelace. She helps out with card draw, has good attacks, can (on a trigger) get more mindless zombies (or Seishin), and can cut down on some movement shenanigans, and push enemy models to disrupt them and in tandem with the Belle isolate sections to enable you to better score the strategy. 

31 minutes ago, thewrathchilde said:

Disclaimer- I don't play Reva so this is theory not experience.....

This is a really tight crew (on points) without a whole lot of room for tweaks. I like most of it- with Asura and the Emissary you should have a lot of attack vectors for Reva plus they have other good abilities as well. The Rotten Belle and Sheild Bearers look pretty good too; the only thing I am not real wild about is Yin.

I have run him in a few crews and sometimes I really like him but other times I feel he is too slow unless I have something like a Doxy to speed him up the board- the Emissary helps but not quite enough. I might consider swapping Yin & MLH out and replacing it with Anna Lovelace. She helps out with card draw, has good attacks, can (on a trigger) get more mindless zombies (or Seishin), and can cut down on some movement shenanigans, and push enemy models to disrupt them and in tandem with the Belle isolate sections to enable you to better score the strategy. 

I see your point. Anna is a good model. 

Yin is here.. Basically for her tankyness. She is cheap enough to hold the center and obnoxious to take down. She is a good MLH carrier, especially in a Reva's crew where her debuff means certain death. 

As for summoning MZs, i find the ones summoned by Emissary and Asura (plus candles) enough, usually. 

• Like 1

The way I see it, Reva has a really solid core in:

Reva; GoD; LotF; and DA

Carrion; MLH

Asura

Shieldbearer x 2

Rotten Belle

and then she has 9 points to play with; plug in 1 of the following based on strats, schemes, what you expect to see, and personal flavor

Phillip and the Nanny (card draw is never bad, chatty is great in some scheme pools); Yin for the stated reasons, Anna Lovelace, or Bette Noire

Bete is for the super aggro play, dropping her on your corpse so they can't hide it from Reva, Reva can also has more control on where she comes back

• Like 2

On 2/24/2018 at 8:54 PM, thewrathchilde said:

I'll play.

Seamus- SR, DYKWIA, Hat, Cache of 3

Copycat

Datsue Ba- Spirit Whispers, MLH

Izamu- Wronged Spirits

Jaakuna

Shikome

Rotten Belle

Rotten Belle

Probably take Undercover Entourage (Seamus- its just a freebie) and either Eliminate (depending on their leader choice) or Inescapable Trap. 

Starts with 8 activations and with Datsue Ba summoning a Seishin goes up to 9 first turn. Pop MLH to summon an extra Seishin first turn or to give Izamu or Jaakuna an extra walk. Being peons the CCK or Seishin won't give up Shed Blood and the Seishin can help ensure Seamus can teleport each turn, add to the activations, and can heal, attack WP with their MI so can heal Seamus if he needs it. 

For the strategy Seamus, Datsue Ba, Izamu, and Shikome can all kill decently helping me score for Public Execution and Datsue Ba handing out Adversary make her, Izamu, Jaakuna, and the Shikome even more effective in combat. Datsue and Shikome also can get around armor and Seamus and the CCK's damage tracks are high enough that they can still pound in damage against low armor. Seamus, Datsue, and Izamu are also pretty survivable and the Seishin can help keep thing healthy with heals or run interference and just run up and engage select enemy models to "tie them up" since they can't be scored on for Public Executions. Most turns Datsue Ba will be able to summon instead of giving one of the other spirits a walk since with the Belles and Jaakuna I should be able to pretty reliably drag models in to beat on them. 

The Belles and Jaakuna can drag models around to give me optimal targets of choice and disrupt enemy plans. If the enemy is close (and in Seamus' aura) they can also hand out slow further neutralizing their models. They also make Inescapable Trap fairly easy to pull off too if the opponent has a master that is difficult enough to assassinate that I don't want to take that scheme. 

Seamus's mobility on the board should be amazing and depending on crew composition he should be able to delete a model a turn and make Doxies and Belles to continue the disruption and control. With all the things that attack willpower and the hat he should be able to prevent them scoring Eliminate, the Belles can put a stop to Show of Force and make Inescapable hard for the opponent as well. Take One for the Team is something I would probably give up since most of the damage dealers in this crew are pretty expensive. The only thing I can hope for is too kill their sucker early enough they don't get full points.

Thoughts? 

Seamus is a toss-up in Standard with an open board. I'd say go for it in Corners, but an opponent spreading out to mitigate Seamus's DYKWIA is going to suck when he's always in LoS and can't Back Alley. Regardless I'd drop the hat and take Decaying Aura; he wants to be in his opponent's face. Insuring that those key models can't heal is a fine way to do that. Plus, if you need to take out a Master, giving them the choice of being Paralyzed or taking 2/3/4 Cheatable, Unstoneable damage before being pushed out of engagement and thereafter taking another hit from Seamus is going to hurt. 

Izamu is an expensive choice and isn't as hardy as he seems. He has a tendency to whiff with his Ml 6 and he's not very mobile to begin with. If you need a beater that's 10SS I'd go Rogue Necro as it not only costs the same, but it synergizes better with Seamus and moves a good deal faster. It also has one of the only Ml 7s in Ressers, and if you play Seamus right he'll go right up the board unhindered, hitting and damaging on positive twists. Plus, the Terrifying 13 is just good. Carrion Emissary might be even better, able to put up Blocking Terrain wherever Seamus needs it.

Jaakuna isn't a good pick because she's squishy and her lure is unreliable. You're much better off with a Dead Doxie for the same points. Their trigger is amazing and their lure makes them super mobile, but it's also far more versatile. 

Datsue Ba isn't going to last long, but I like the inclusion. I think--especially with only 3SS--that Asura is the better pick. 

The hat is one attack and 12 Wds isn't nearly enough to prevent Seamus from going down. Remember that if he uses "Boo!" he's generating Horror checks, so models that pass are immune to his Terrifying for the rest of the turn.  If you want to keep Seamus up, I'd recommend Asura because she's going to generate a TON of WP 15 checks every turn. Even if they don't do much damage, 1 wd could turn the game, and it'll be more than enough to pull Seamus off Hard to Kill. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nomoredroids said:

Seamus is a toss-up in Standard with an open board. I'd say go for it in Corners, but an opponent spreading out to mitigate Seamus's DYKWIA is going to suck when he's always in LoS and can't Back Alley. Regardless I'd drop the hat and take Decaying Aura; he wants to be in his opponent's face. Insuring that those key models can't heal is a fine way to do that. Plus, if you need to take out a Master, giving them the choice of being Paralyzed or taking 2/3/4 Cheatable, Unstoneable damage before being pushed out of engagement and thereafter taking another hit from Seamus is going to hurt. 

Izamu is an expensive choice and isn't as hardy as he seems. He has a tendency to whiff with his Ml 6 and he's not very mobile to begin with. If you need a beater that's 10SS I'd go Rogue Necro as it not only costs the same, but it synergizes better with Seamus and moves a good deal faster. It also has one of the only Ml 7s in Ressers, and if you play Seamus right he'll go right up the board unhindered, hitting and damaging on positive twists. Plus, the Terrifying 13 is just good. Carrion Emissary might be even better, able to put up Blocking Terrain wherever Seamus needs it.

Jaakuna isn't a good pick because she's squishy and her lure is unreliable. You're much better off with a Dead Doxie for the same points. Their trigger is amazing and their lure makes them super mobile, but it's also far more versatile. 

Datsue Ba isn't going to last long, but I like the inclusion. I think--especially with only 3SS--that Asura is the better pick. 

The hat is one attack and 12 Wds isn't nearly enough to prevent Seamus from going down. Remember that if he uses "Boo!" he's generating Horror checks, so models that pass are immune to his Terrifying for the rest of the turn.  If you want to keep Seamus up, I'd recommend Asura because she's going to generate a TON of WP 15 checks every turn. Even if they don't do much damage, 1 wd could turn the game, and it'll be more than enough to pull Seamus off Hard to Kill. 

thanks for the feedback. Here is some discussion and thoughts.

When I look at the board I didn't see the terrain as being too limiting- sure there are some big shooting lanes but with 5 pieces of blocking terrain (3 x buildings, 1 x wheel, 1 x boulder) there are a lot of places he can "Back Alley" to get too and he can often back alley around a side where he has visibility to a target but their whole crew doesn't and a lot of it is blocked by the building/rock/etc. The Forest also is dense and ensures he can't be seen (if I am over there) in order to teleport. Typically with the CCK and Seishin I can ensure (when he isn't in the middle of their crew) the opponent doesn't have LOS to him so I can back alley when needed. Additionally with large based models like Izamu I have more ways to block LOS to him.  I don't feel obligated to jump in the middle of their crew for "Boo" when I run DYKWIA, occasionally I might in the right circumstances but most of the time its there for the threat and damage when something passes his Terrifying. Most of the time I run him around the flanks to pick off models and then raise Doxies or Belles with the corpse- a Doxie can then help push him back out of sight if needed so he can Back Alley the following turn.

I understand your position on the hat; in most games I don't need it and never use it but its a good insurance policy that also lets me Back Alley in and Boo without a whole lot of concern if they are grouped where I can hit a large portion of their crew that hasn't activated. However, with Eliminate in the pool its hard to leave home without as between the hat (for Red Joker or some huge Severe damage hit) and the amount of will power attacks with Jaakuna, the 2 x Rotten Belles, and Datsue Ba he can usually heal back up and stay topped off pretty well.

Jaakuna is only 6 WD but with Incorporeal she is more survivable than she might otherwise look. The Manipulative helps as well so does the Hazardous Terrain aura she has which discourages the smaller models from coming after her. Her lure isn't as good as the Belles but with Seamus around a target it's still pretty effective and Denial of Sanzu also partners well with the Slow when the Belles are handing it out instead of lust casting Lure. Both her and Izamu are pretty slow but her Incorporeal helps and Datsue Ba can also speed one of them up with Guide Spirits to give one a walk action. 

I have had good experience with Izamu (in general not in specific for this thread). He is slow but can be sped up by Datsue Ba, Admiration, or Doxies (summoned). He has a decent damage track, the MI 6 is pretty decent IMHO, and the built in + flip for damage is pretty good also. Plus on a trigger he gives you another thing against incorporeal and unless they have something that ignores Armor (which I target pretty quick to get rid of) his +2 Armor lets him tank pretty well with a heal and possibly heals from Seishin if needed.

Datsue Ba is something I have been back and forth on. There are some really good things she brings to the game (Seishin screen, heal, free walk for spirits, will power attacks, triggers for Adversary which plus up Izamu, Jaakuna, and the Shikome, triggers for more models (Gaki/Onryo), etc) but in a lot of games I just don't get much mileage out of Weigh Sins. I have though about swapping her out for the Emissary but haven't tried it out yet because I haven't assembled & painted the Emissary yet. If I made that swap I would certainly drop Jakuuna at that point probably for Chiaki. A Doxy would be nice too but I can always summon Doxies or more Belles.....

The Rogue Necromancy vs Izamu is an interesting debate; the RN is faster (1" better movement, stalk) when Izamu isn't getting a movement boost from Datsue Ba. I think the RN would work really well in tandem with Seamus to push that terrifying check up to a 15 but without that if you run them separate Izamu has armor, a heal, Melee Expert (though with all the WP checks in a Seamus crew the RN should normally be getting an extra attack also), and his + damage flip is permanent whereas the RN loses his once he is below 5 wounds. If I had reliable healing then I might look at him more.... maybe I just need to try him in a few games with Seamus and see if I like him better.

Im pretty new Resser and currently I just played only 40 games in fraction and only with Seamus and McMourning. So I don't have personal experience with other masters yet, only theories. For such table & Guild as an opponent I would take this crew:

50 SS Resurrectionists Crew
Seamus + 5 Pool
 - Sinister Reputation (1)
 - Do You Know Who I Am? (1)
 - Decaying Aura (2)
Copycat Killer (3)
Asura Roten (8)
Yin The Penangalan (8)
The Hanged (9)
Nurse (6)
Rotten Belle (5)
Rotten Belle (5)

I must agree that hiring Hanged sometimes don't worth it, but overall I got a good results with him in Seamus crew and especially against the Guild. With Eliminate the Leadership in scheme pool I feel that he is on the right place. Yin is always good. And Asura provides more activations and a resource for Dead Doxie summon as well as extra Df reduction with her Attack. 

As for other masters I feel like Molly alpha-strike may be good and Reva with Archie and Anna looks also really promising. But again, don't have personal experience with those Masters yet.

10 hours ago, Sagrit said:

Im pretty new Resser and currently I just played only 40 games in fraction and only with Seamus and McMourning. So I don't have personal experience with other masters yet, only theories. For such table & Guild as an opponent I would take this crew:

50 SS Resurrectionists Crew
Seamus + 5 Pool
 - Sinister Reputation (1)
 - Do You Know Who I Am? (1)
 - Decaying Aura (2)
Copycat Killer (3)
Asura Roten (8)
Yin The Penangalan (8)
The Hanged (9)
Nurse (6)
Rotten Belle (5)
Rotten Belle (5)

I must agree that hiring Hanged sometimes don't worth it, but overall I got a good results with him in Seamus crew and especially against the Guild. With Eliminate the Leadership in scheme pool I feel that he is on the right place. Yin is always good. And Asura provides more activations and a resource for Dead Doxie summon as well as extra Df reduction with her Attack. 

As for other masters I feel like Molly alpha-strike may be good and Reva with Archie and Anna looks also really promising. But again, don't have personal experience with those Masters yet.

I like it. Decent crew with some options.

The Hanged can pair and work real well with Seamus though typically I am pressed for the points to field him. Usually he gets the most table time from Kirai since I can summon him instead of hire him.

I have run Yin quite a bit with Seamus and I always end up feeling like he is just too slow in the early turns to do what I need him to do. He tanks well, has some synergy with Seamus, and can give me card draw (I often put TBTN on him and run several spirits).....but that Wk. 4 just burns me every time I don't have a Doxy to push him.

How do you use the nurse in here? Is she primarily defensive? I would almost think for the points that Chiaki might be a better fit. The more I look at her, the more I think she is almost an auto-include for most of the Resser masters in almost every game....I might have to start a separate topic about this just to discuss and get opinions.

Yin is a she. And in a Seamus crew the best way to move her around is to take the Emissary to boost her walk, and to hire Angelica for resourceless pushes.

I still maintain the Hanged is an absolutely awful hire for any but the most casual of casual games, and a model that should be banned from summoning immediately because it’s too good a summon. It’s also something you should be very wary of hiring in a Seamus crew if you even think the enemy might have an obey in the crew. Seamus is one of the few masters that is absolutely wrecked if that condition lands and it doesn’t get removed, and it’s most likely going to be easier to get it near Seamus than then enemy master.

Personal recommendation is that if you plan to hire a Hanged you MUST bring Chiaki, without exception.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Personal recommendation is that if you plan to hire a Hanged you MUST bring Chiaki, without exception.

I am almost at the point where I think you could just start that sentence after the word hanged: You must bring Chiaki, without exception.

The more I look at Chiaki the more I want her in almost all my lists- heal (on a Ram), slow, condition removal, pushing opponent's models away unless a TN 14  WP, 7 WD/incorporeal, manipulative, and potentially making an opponents model Insignificant......she adds so much. She does a lot for your own crew, does things to your opponent's crew, and is good a number of strategies and schemes. 

• Like 1

All of that about Hanged and Chiaki is true.  But we are talking about The Guild as an opponent and I don't expect lot of Obey options from the faction. So I still will be hiring the Hanged :)

As for Yin low Wk - on Turn 1 Nurse can boost Yin's Wk as soon as Yin don't have any other things to do except of moving turn one. That's 12" of moving + Standard Deployment, she will be around middle of the town on the start of Turn 2.

Later turns Nurse provides extra treat with Take Your Pills (target Wp). And can heal Seamus or Yin in critical situation since both of them can still be useful out of they own activation. Of course it just for critical moments.

And yes, Chiaki is very good here, especially with Nurse in the list and Public Execution as a strategy. It's possible to drop Belle for Chiaki. The reason why I don't hire her now - the only thing she can do with this Schemes is remove conditions. That's may be huge sometimes. But if your aggression on first turns works well you may face the situation where you actually don't need condition remove anymore. With Schemes focused on markers, or Show of Force, or even Ours as a Strategy I would 100% hire Chiaki over Belle. 

@mo11usq you are right, Perdita's Obey could be a problem. Well it's always individual decision, to take a risk, or to take Chiaki :) I prefer aggressive play with Seamus, lure, kill, turn to dead whore girl. Repeat :) Personaly i see a good alternative for Hanged for this empty table - Sybelle with "Not Too Badged Up" upgrade for longer move via Lure. "Bleeding Tongue" also very good, but i'm not feeling comfortable with less than 5SS Cash.