Who-sanori? Never heard of him.

Jesy Blue

So, it's not a fluke, I've owned Yasanori multiple times now with a single Convict Gunslinger and the Return Fire upgrade.  Just and handful of useless Crows and kept triggering Trigger Happy and for every swing on me, whether hit or miss, was two swings back, and once my activation came around, Rapid Fire (no discard thanks to Howling Wolf Tattoo visability), and wrecked the oni horseman. 

It's such a good counter, even thought it usually leaves a single wound left on the Convict Gunslinger, trading 7+1 SS for 13+whatever upgrade in SS is still a win. 

The funny part is when the opponent gets hot about "cheap tactic" and "broken combo".  You're using Yasanori!  I don't want to hear about questionable builds from the likes of you. 

Anyone else get similar results with this build or am I just lucking out every time?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I think return fire is a seriously strong upgrade on gunslingers and Sue. If a 7+1ss killy model consistently survives a 13+1ss killy model and kills it in return it's not hard to see why your opponent is frustrated. In the minds of a lot of player stuff should probably kill models half their points instead of dying to them in an average kind of situation, otherwise the costs do seem a bit off. 

They might want to try and attack something else though. Using a model that generates many duels isn't very good against return fire. I agree with you that Yaz players should probably be careful in calling stuff unfun to face. :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

So, it's not a fluke, I've owned Yasanori multiple times now with a single Convict Gunslinger and the Return Fire upgrade.  Just and handful of useless Crows and kept triggering Trigger Happy and for every swing on me, whether hit or miss, was two swings back, and once my activation came around, Rapid Fire (no discard thanks to Howling Wolf Tattoo visability), and wrecked the oni horseman. 

Even though you've done it multiple times, I still think it's a fluke.

To start with, that's a lot of :crows and :masks needed to pull it off. The value of the :crow doesn't matter so much but the :mask needs to be high enough to still hit. Having the cards to hit the defensive trigger and then hit the Trigger Happy trigger (either from your hand or top decking) twice in a turn requires some luck. Hitting it a third or fourth time is very lucky.  

With Armor +1, 50% more wounds, and a better damage track it seems like Yasunori  should usually come out ahead if he's exchanging blows with a Convict Gunslinger. It takes 3 minimum damage attacks (or 2 moderates) for Yasunori to kill the Gunslinger. It takes 12 minimum damage attacks, or 6 moderate damage attacks for the Gunslinger to kill Yasunori. Assuming that Yas has any sort of hand, he should be dropping the Gunslinger before he even gets through all of his attacks and probably wind up around half health unless the Gunslinger manages to land some Severe damage. 

Since you mention Howling Wolf Tattoo, I'm guessing you are running a Viks crew. It makes me wonder why Yasunori is hitting the Convict Gunslinger instead of trying to take out a piece of the the Viks alpha strike engine.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Since you mention Howling Wolf Tattoo, I'm guessing you are running a Viks crew. It makes me wonder why Yasunori is hitting the Convict Gunslinger instead of trying to take out a piece of the the Viks alpha strike engine.  

I don't run Viktoria as an alpha strike, so there's that....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/22/2018 at 6:04 PM, WWHSD said:

Even though you've done it multiple times, I still think it's a fluke.

To start with, that's a lot of :crows and :masks needed to pull it off. The value of the :crow doesn't matter so much but the :mask needs to be high enough to still hit. Having the cards to hit the defensive trigger and then hit the Trigger Happy trigger (either from your hand or top decking) twice in a turn requires some luck. Hitting it a third or fourth time is very lucky.  

With Armor +1, 50% more wounds, and a better damage track it seems like Yasunori  should usually come out ahead if he's exchanging blows with a Convict Gunslinger. It takes 3 minimum damage attacks (or 2 moderates) for Yasunori to kill the Gunslinger. It takes 12 minimum damage attacks, or 6 moderate damage attacks for the Gunslinger to kill Yasunori. Assuming that Yas has any sort of hand, he should be dropping the Gunslinger before he even gets through all of his attacks and probably wind up around half health unless the Gunslinger manages to land some Severe damage. 

I agree, the odds seem to favor Yas.  I'd need to look at both cards again, but that does require having the right kind of hand in my opinion.