Talos: Where does he fit?

Davos

So I tried Talos out for the first time and he seems pretty legit.  He did a lot of work burying stuff and tanking most of a Nico crew.  My question is besides a Tara crew, where do you think he fits in?  I can somewhat see him in a Construct-Obey Levi crew w/Vanessa.  My other idea is put him in a Von Schill crew and try and bury models.  Since Hannah can copy his bury (I'm pretty sure at least) this gives 2 unique buries that are undone on that burying model's activation. So potentially, you can deny 2 activations a turn with them, while maybe doing damage to them. Additionally, a Von Schill crew is probably bring the Engineer anyways, who can give Talos the second armor and obscured, to fix up his Df 4 and somewhat low wound count. If 2 models are buried, then his AoE pulse horror duel is TN 12, which is high enough to force some cheating most likely.  Between Hannah and Talos thats 18ss, plus VS 3ss of upgrades, that leaves 39 stones to fill out the list. What could you take?  Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I have used talos a fair few times in different crews to try him out, I have tried him in Tara, Viks and Levi and he kinda worked with them all in some way or another. First one to note is the Viks as for 8 stones he is a decent beater and fairly durable, I kinda like him to tag along with Vanessa as they seem to make a pretty good pair and I found that on a game where I played ours and took guarded treasure that the opponent couldn't really stop me doing it because one of the enemy models who ran up to handle the problem got exploded by a blast of arcane fire and diverting other forces over to that part of the table would've been difficult, I also found that into the furnace can be great as I buried my enemies beater got the Viks to kill stuff around that area then when the enemy beater finally got out they were not a threat as much because I had so many killy models right next to them and the rest of their crew had been decimated. Next up we have him with Levi and I found that he doesn't do too bad in a Levi crew, I did use an abomination to do the (1) action which does damage to a construct and allows me to draw a card (not sure on the name of the action) with the talos and although it was a little risky he easily got his wounds back from burying an enemy model and I drew some nice cards too :D besides that he kinda punched stuff and kept models engaged so he kinda did his job in that game and I think is pretty good with Levi for the sake of being a construct. You probably get the idea of what he can do with Tara and I think he is great fun with her :D.

Overall I feel like the talos is a solid choice in some lists and it all comes to personal preference, I like the model and idea of it, he has some nice rules and I enjoy running him in games and crews outside of Tara. Plus it is fun to see how some of my opponents react when I use a talos in lists that generally won't use him and he does well in the game as well as seeing how they decide to deal with him as he has caused problems and the odd late turn screams from within (0) has caught opponents off guard and got some nice models paralysed. Anyway I would say try talos with different masters and see what you feel but i'd say from my experience he is a nice choice.

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, cbtb11235813 said:

Would this actually work?

Yes. Since Lazarus is a friekorp Hannah can copy his (0), which then copies a constuct's (1) action. 
Both require a TN duel needing a 6, and both models would need to be within 8" of Hannah.

• Agree 1