Alison Dade & Pathfinder - How do you use it?

Atoli

Pathfinder: don't deploy too far forward or do it on an elevation that is hard to reach against a crew with no ranged attacks. I use from thr shadows to deploy so that I don't havr to walk frdt turn but you rarely want to be more than 4-6" out of a normal deployment zone.

No real experience with Alison but play her cool and attaxk stuff near guild guard would be my.best bet.

I used to use Pathfinder to throw a trap into my opponents crew turn one.   The increase in pushes I've seen in opponents crews has made me not try it.  For a while I loved traps and would jam things up with them.  

Dade I've enjoyed in two crews.  I've run her in Lucius with 5gg and a scribe, and bunched them around Dade and the scribe.   Scribe makes them def 7 and Dade protects with his aura.  

The other way I've enjoyed Dade is in Nellie.  The two of them really could throw a ton of slow out.  If you add a couple Hunters slowing their entire crew isn't insane.

I know some people have used her with Lucas for fast sabre use.

I've never used Dade, but the Pathfinder has been a consistent inclusion for alot of my Guild and 10-T crews. He's an alright shooter, but what makes him shine is the ability to throw out traps to distract and delay enemy models. Like @Ludvig I don't deploy the Pathfinder too far forward, but rather in a position that can cover a decent chunk of land with his shooting. Anyone trying to get past him has to deal with the traps he's pooping out and his shooting (of course), which usually allows me to hold them up while ideal with other parts of the enemy crew. 

1 hour ago, Rathnard said:

I've never used Dade, but the Pathfinder has been a consistent inclusion for alot of my Guild and 10-T crews. He's an alright shooter, but what makes him shine is the ability to throw out traps to distract and delay enemy models. Like @Ludvig I don't deploy the Pathfinder too far forward, but rather in a position that can cover a decent chunk of land with his shooting. Anyone trying to get past him has to deal with the traps he's pooping out and his shooting (of course), which usually allows me to hold them up while ideal with other parts of the enemy crew. 

ok but his ability is very suit dependant. In your experience those traps pop up often? and what you do when he is engaged?  

8 minutes ago, Atoli said:

ok but his ability is very suit dependant. In your experience those traps pop up often? and what you do when he is engaged?  

Stone for cards turn 1. Run Lucius for more cards. Keep a loose count of how many tomes you've flipped and activate and pray for a topdeck when most high tomes are still in the deck if you can't get any to your hand. I'd say it's a bit 50/50 on getting tomes turn one for me. If you don't you need to be even more careful.

Lucius easily pushes you out of engagement with Issue command. McCabe has his upgrades. Austringers or Francisco are also modeks who could push. Generally I try to put the traps so it is hard to engage the pathfinder and I mostly run one with the two masters mentioned above. Pretty sure they're also df 6, I have walked out of engsgements a couple of times.

7 minutes ago, Atoli said:

It's suit dependent, sure. But it's only a 6:tome that you need (from memory) and few other models tend to need that suit (especially if you design your crew that way). Also if all else fails he's still pretty good at shooting things for his cost. If he's engaged and has some traps around he can hold his own in melee for a bit, otherwise you can get him out with your own push effects or if all else fails, leave him to his fate while you tend to more pressing matters (because why would a 6SS model be essential to your plans? ;) ).

This is also a good reason why I don't deploy him off on his own, without support from the rest of my crew!