Summoning Pandora

Rionnay

Hey team neverborn!

There was someone in Europe (Jake/Jacob) that has been tearing up the field with a summoning pandora. I've painted a set of field reporters for Nellie and my body is ready. 

Idea is this: sorrows are too expensive. 

Here is what I have so far,

Declared Faction: Neverborn 
Crew Name:  50ss 
Leader: Pandora - Cache:(3)
   Voices 1ss 
   Fears Given Form 1ss 
   Depression 1ss 
Hooded Rider 10ss 
   Retribution's eye 1ss 
Doppleganger 7ss 
Iggy 5ss 
   Enraged Tantrum 0ss 
Baby Kade 6ss 
   The Mimic's Blessing 1ss 
Mysterious Effigy 4ss 
Insidious Madness 5ss 
Insidious Madness 5ss 

Depression seems like an auto include either woe is me. Overall I'm struggling with wrapping my head around why u would play Woe panda over Box or Voices. What strats/schemes does WoePanda want to play into?

• Like 1

summoning pandora is pretty fun and does have some staples to the list. that being iggy and wisps with either doppelganger or the emissary (i usually do both though). madness's are nice if you need a schemer or looking to force discards for wp duel. if your using its only atk action to put out conditions then the wisps are better for that as the madness atk is a SH where the wisp is a CA. 

while using iggy i find that his upgrade really isnt needed as his other actions are much better even in melee. the emissary is nice in this build, with the wisps you can pump out changelings. also the extra incite and possible martyr is just icing.

overall though i have fun with woe pandy, summoning 2-3 sorrows a turn puts alot of pressure on your opponent so they dont take mass dmg from misery. plus its a change of pace from box/voice pandora.

Box Opens Pandora is a brawler, while Voices Pandora is a scalpel. Give her Fears Given Form and another upgrade of your choice. Aether Connection for survivability. Wings of Darkness is popular for the extra card draw and flight, but it doesn't work on her Fading Memories pushes so I don't like it much. I prefer Rile Them Up for the extra Incite and baseline  Ml and Sh damage tracks for targets that don't have them. Pandora gets into the enemies face, preferably several models, and keeps them engaged with her ridiculous 3" engagement range. They take a lot of high Df duels from Fears Given Form which they want to pass otherwise they take 3 wounds, then Wp tests from Terrifying on Pandora herself. For more fun, she can strip Horror immunity so they need to pass more tests. Basically she eats their hand.

Don't discount Sorrows. They're fragile, but they're fine at 5ss. You'll probably play the Emissary with Brawler Pandora for that no LoS required Incite (being able to dictate the activation of a backline support model first rather than a front line beater can let you kill a target of priority before they do it to you). If you do, taking Iggy and the Emissarys ability to copy abilities gives you multiple sources of Martyr to keep Woe alive - which includes tanking wounds for Pandora. Misery can be a real pain to your opponent. 1w doesn't sound like much, but for most models you're looking at at least 10% of their overall wounds each time it pings. That's some really nice bonus damage. It also doesn't get reduced by Armour (it's a separate damage source and Armour reduces to 1).

You'll want to play Box Opens when you've got a strategy that forces a fight in the middle, so all of the bubbles can work. Martyr bubbles covering friendly Woe, Misery bubbles covering enemies, Pandoras 3" bubble of death in the center. Enemies engaged with Pandora are taking a LOT of tests just to activate and then try to hit her, some of those trigger Misery pings. When enemies do hit her or a Sorrow, Martyr off wounds to the Emissary and Iggy. Have an Insidious Madness or two to scheme run if needed. Lilitu can be really irritating as she has a super long range Lure, so she can stay in the back line and Lure enemies into the bubble of death. Kade does as well, but his is Ca 5 to her Ca 7, which is more reliable.