Marcus: Do you setup to Alpha?

WWHSD

In a turn that you are planning on using Feral and Alpha on an emeny model do you use either Howl or Domesticate to set up the attacks? It seems like Howl will make it easier to land Feral but harder to win the duel for Alpha. Domesticate seems like it will make Alpha easier to win but will make the model you spent Marcus’s entire activation to control less useful.

Also, has anyne had much luck with The Gods’ Path upgrade? Wicked, +1 Ca, and the damage for ending an activation near Marcus seem like they’d boost Marcus’s board control abilities and go nicely with Law of Meat but I’m not sure it’s worth giving up the flexibitly that The Trail of the Gods gives.

I usually have better way to spend 1AP than to Howl. Plus I'd rather not make it easier for my opponent to resist Alpha. I might Domesticate if it seems worthwhile, it only applies while the model has LoS to Marcus so there's ways around it while I'm in control. It also depends on what I'm planning to do with the Alpha. It's not always about flurrying someone with their own Langston. Usually simple Feral+Alpha is enough with no other setup.

I can't really see a reagular use for Marcus' new limited. They are nice abilities, but not as usable as the ones on the other 2 cards. wicked and the damage might be useful for controlling the board centre, but I haven't really seen a game that would want that since it came out. 

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:24 PM, WWHSD said:

In a turn that you are planning on using Feral and Alpha on an emeny model do you use either Howl or Domesticate to set up the attacks? It seems like Howl will make it easier to land Feral but harder to win the duel for Alpha. Domesticate seems like it will make Alpha easier to win but will make the model you spent Marcus’s entire activation to control less useful.

Also, has anyne had much luck with The Gods’ Path upgrade? Wicked, +1 Ca, and the damage for ending an activation near Marcus seem like they’d boost Marcus’s board control abilities and go nicely with Law of Meat but I’m not sure it’s worth giving up the flexibitly that The Trail of the Gods gives.

I typically use Feral first with a high card in hand to ensure that it is going to succeed. Then you Domesticate once the enemy is a beast in order to make sure Alpha goes off. Make use of the terrain in this instance. For example I did this on Nekima and Charged behind a building to break LoS to Marcus so that I wouldn't have the [-] flips when attacking the charged model. 

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:02 AM, Adran said:

I can't really see a reagular use for Marcus' new limited. They are nice abilities, but not as usable as the ones on the other 2 cards. wicked and the damage might be useful for controlling the board centre, but I haven't really seen a game that would want that since it came out. 

I've been debating trying The Gods Path on Marcus and a couple of Rattlers in the list. I thought about using Alpha on a model that Marcus and the Rattler are both engaged with. Just walk with the model, then Marcus and the Rattler both get disengaging strikes that deal damage against it. Could be hard to set up, but maybe not with Slither on the Rattler. You could do it to their beater. The Rattler has [++] on their disengaging strikes which will help with their Ml5.