Scheme marker shuffle

Gnomezilla

Recent theoryfaux has turned to providing Lucius with loads of clustered schemes and enemies and Secret Objectives. I can’t scatter my models. It’s not in me (unless playing McMourning). The only solution is to nuke the scheme markers. Problem is, the peacekeeper never seems to be standing in the right spot at the right time. (To further chafe, on one of these runs I had reluctantly returned O.S.A. to the case in order to field Joss et alia. All the regrets. :() What else am I forgetting to get scheme markers gone? Any range is welcome.

There's always Field Reporters (card intensive) and the new Guild Investigators (can't wait for these guys).  I quite like Alison Dade, especially if you've got guardsmen backing her up.  The built-in trigger on One More Question takes the damage (again, assuming you have guard buddies) up to 3/5/6.  OR they can save whatever poor model you're verbally pummeling by ditching a scheme marker or two and maybe messing up their plan.

2 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Recent theoryfaux has turned to providing Lucius with loads of clustered schemes and enemies and Secret Objectives. I can’t scatter my models. It’s not in me (unless playing McMourning). The only solution is to nuke the scheme markers. Problem is, the peacekeeper never seems to be standing in the right spot at the right time. (To further chafe, on one of these runs I had reluctantly returned O.S.A. to the case in order to field Joss et alia. All the regrets. :() What else am I forgetting to get scheme markers gone? Any range is welcome.

Are they running the knights/Lucius build?  Can you write up a battle report for that?

I'd run executioner against it.  He can pick up those markers and use them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Clockwork_Fish said:

There's always Field Reporters (card intensive) and the new Guild Investigators (can't wait for these guys).  I quite like Alison Dade, especially if you've got guardsmen backing her up.  The built-in trigger on One More Question takes the damage (again, assuming you have guard buddies) up to 3/5/6.  OR they can save whatever poor model you're verbally pummeling by ditching a scheme marker or two and maybe messing up their plan.

I love investigators too, but they don’t eat nearly enough markers for the purpose, and meddling with positioning is a little bit pointless when Lucius just lackeys in instead and starts loading the shish-kabob. Dade, however...destroying two, maybe three markers at a pass...that has potential!

17 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Are they running the knights/Lucius build?  Can you write up a battle report for that?

I'd run executioner against it.  He can pick up those markers and use them.

Guild Lucius, actually. Brutal effigy buff, and devil’s dealing himself for rams then healing it back immediately, and tying up every single stompybot (except the numb one) in red tape. Still tweaking the composition of journalist upgrade to get scheme markers down—field reporters are nicer with Lucius handing them positive flips but I’m still not impressed with them being spammed.

Executioner is a great idea, though. Surprisingly Loyal *this* attack off to a lackey, will you... :P

55 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

I love investigators too, but they don’t eat nearly enough markers for the purpose, and meddling with positioning is a little bit pointless when Lucius just lackeys in instead and starts loading the shish-kabob. Dade, however...destroying two, maybe three markers at a pass...that has potential!

Guild Lucius, actually. Brutal effigy buff, and devil’s dealing himself for rams then healing it back immediately, and tying up every single stompybot (except the numb one) in red tape. Still tweaking the composition of journalist upgrade to get scheme markers down—field reporters are nicer with Lucius handing them positive flips but I’m still not impressed with them being spammed.

Executioner is a great idea, though. Surprisingly Loyal *this* attack off to a lackey, will you... :P

Field reporters don't get the elite bonus.  No swipie symbol on the attack.

31 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Field reporters don't get the elite bonus.  No swipie symbol on the attack.

They had a positive from something... :unsure:

And I don’t think it was any positive from when I was fielding them instead, pretty sure it was a Lucius, there’s no positive flips around a Nellie, only cyborg’d one up once so far and that was Ryle’s game to shine so she did nothing but hand out Reference the Field Guide...McCabe and Promises, same problem...

1 hour ago, Franchute said:

Large arachnids with Hoffman, or even steam arachnid swarms.

Cojo with McMourning.

More swarms! This is a happy answer. :lol:

McMourning won’t cluster enough to need the help.

35 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

They had a positive from something... :unsure:

And I don’t think it was any positive from when I was fielding them instead, pretty sure it was a Lucius, there’s no positive flips around a Nellie, only cyborg’d one up once so far and that was Ryle’s game to shine so she did nothing but hand out Reference the Field Guide...McCabe and Promises, same problem...

More swarms! This is a happy answer. :lol:

McMourning won’t cluster enough to need the help.

Maybe generic emissary?

40 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Maybe generic emissary?

That’s my best guess, too. Lucius hanging in the back handing out AP to Ca can use the generic just as well. Trying to make cheap Ca spam work in Guild. Then got onto this side-bar of making Lucius an extra AP monster and the specific conflux went back on, for extra reach as much as for damage track...

I just don’t like field reporter roulette nearly as much as I do the nurse’s pick-a-syringe. Unless I want them pseudo slowed because reasons, and even then the field reporter has only a 50% chance to topdeck something which robs 1 AP, opposed to the nurse’s 75% chance to topdeck something which makes all the model’s AP useless for its intended purpose. Reporters only reliably push. Not scheme. Lucius wants schemes, clustered in an aesthetic and usable fashion.

8 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Executioners can trigger to eat more markers if you luck out on some crows. 

Numb to the world makes you immune to red tape I believe? I thought you never left home without numb?

Yes, it does, and yes, that’s right. :lol:The red tape remarks are there as data for the broader ‘Lucius and secret objectives’ discussion—Lucius still had his emissary at that point but chose to defend his crew, not go full min4 offense.

• Like 1

Sorry. I put scheme marker eater Lucius on the table tonight yet promptly revered to type, using him as a reactionary support force and activating him too late for the crew to drop markers in the melee. I have to plan a full turn ahead for the stabbing to commence! :(

First time I ever chucked one of my own crew across the table to a scheme marker by emissary unbury! That was fun! I want to play against more crews that want scheme markers in their backfield!

7 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Sorry. I put scheme marker eater Lucius on the table tonight yet promptly revered to type, using him as a reactionary support force and activating him too late for the crew to drop markers in the melee. I have to plan a full turn ahead for the stabbing to commence! :(

First time I ever chucked one of my own crew across the table to a scheme marker by emissary unbury! That was fun! I want to play against more crews that want scheme markers in their backfield!

There is nothing more satisfying than sending an executioner across the table into Colette.   She really doesn't like not having a defensive trigger.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Clockwork_Fish said:

Another new model I’m quite excited about for schemes purposes is the Riot Breaker.  Won’t remove markers but will stop interacts by handing out insignificant.  With blast damage to boot.

I really liked these for symbols.  Great for babysitting a marker, since they can take a beating and that insig helps protect the marker.

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

I really liked these for symbols.  Great for babysitting a marker, since they can take a beating and that insig helps protect the marker.

I'm also quite fond of their free push.  It gives them some extra synergy with Nellie, Perdita, Lucius...everyone but Sonnia and Lady J basically.