Vs. Guild Henchman Hardcore

Frugalbar

So in a week or two I'm going to be going into a HH game with a few friends.  I full expect I'm going to be facing the Jury (ecch) and an Executioner.

I'm not looking forward facing 6 DF / 6WP, a 2" range and min 3 damage.  I was thinking of using Candy with Widow Weaver to lower WP but that's such a squishy crew I can't imagine lasting long.  Any suggestions?

Hungering Darkness with Aether Connection, and Addict, 2x Illuminated, and a depleted is a nice crew.

I'm also partial to Nekima with FGF, 2x Young Nephilim and a Black Blood Shaman. Young Nephilim are pretty good against low Df targets to get their attack again trigger a lot, BBS gives some nice support+damage, and Nekima is Nekima.

• Like 1

Maybe a swampfiend style crew, Waldgeist are cheap and sturdy, if they haven't activated, hus SH actions will recieve a negative flip, and your tree markers could really mess up charge lanes and shooting alike. Bad Juju (or McTavish if you have him) can bring some nice damage. Then you could fill out what you need, maybe Graves (I can't remember if non-leaders can take upgrades in HH) with Malifaux Provides for healing. 

Or you could run Candy, maybe with her upgrade and just keep putting up the double negative field, the Doppel could be used for iniative cheating, but I guess that isn't the most fun route.

Vasillisa with 3 stitched and an upgrade could be fun 😂 definitely not the mist effective, but if you keep hitting him hard, I doubt his crew will survive too long.

Barbaros is quite the tank, with DF 6, a trigger to push enemies away and Armour 1, he can take a good few blows. Combined with a Rougarou for pounces, maybe The Tooth for lures & Pounces and scheme marker healing if you go for Malifaux Provides and you have a pretty punchy crew. Cyclops could also work here, Ice pillars will help keep your models safe, and there damage spread is also quite nice. 

45 minutes ago, INXVI said:

Maybe a swampfiend style crew, Waldgeist are cheap and sturdy, if they haven't activated, hus SH actions will recieve a negative flip, and your tree markers could really mess up charge lanes and shooting alike. Bad Juju (or McTavish if you have him) can bring some nice damage. Then you could fill out what you need, maybe Graves (I can't remember if non-leaders can take upgrades in HH) with Malifaux Provides for healing. 

Or you could run Candy, maybe with her upgrade and just keep putting up the double negative field, the Doppel could be used for iniative cheating, but I guess that isn't the most fun route.

Vasillisa with 3 stitched and an upgrade could be fun 😂 definitely not the mist effective, but if you keep hitting him hard, I doubt his crew will survive too long.

Barbaros is quite the tank, with DF 6, a trigger to push enemies away and Armour 1, he can take a good few blows. Combined with a Rougarou for pounces, maybe The Tooth for lures & Pounces and scheme marker healing if you go for Malifaux Provides and you have a pretty punchy crew. Cyclops could also work here, Ice pillars will help keep your models safe, and there damage spread is also quite nice. 

Can't have Tavish as the leader, and as a hire at 12(?) he's a little pricey. And cyclops are a bit of a liability if you're expecting something that ignores HtK. Also execute triggers against a model with a low Df is just asking to drain your resources to keep them alive. The Barbaros, Rougarou and Tooth combo could definitely be interesting though.

As an aside, I've always wanted to try and find a way to make the Mysterious Emissary work in HH. The hazardous terrain can be super annoying when you're trying to get to a specific area, and it's a pretty durable model on its own.

6 hours ago, H4ml3t said:

Barbaros as Leader with Nekima (FGF), Changeling, and Primordial Magic.

If they get Barbaros to low Wounds. Nekima kills him, heals up and becomes your new Leader. It's gimmicky but fun.

If you're going to take a leader than you'll just kill, why not Widow Weaver or Bad Juju for the 6ss cache? Also I don't know anyone that would attack Barbaros instead of Nekima, even with Challenge up.

We had a small HH tournament at a local club last week.

I was running Barbaros, Lelu (with Satisfying punishment), Lilitu and Doppleganger.

Ended up taking first place.

Barbaros is an overall decent tanky piece, but his pushes really make him shine here cause he can easily deny some points in a critical moment.

New Lelu is surprisingly good and the card cycling ability is great.

Lilitu and Dopple give you the option of having 5(!) tries to lure, so you can pretty much pick any 1 model in enemy's crew pull it to your guys and kill it first turn.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

If you're going to take a leader than you'll just kill, why not Widow Weaver or Bad Juju for the 6ss cache? Also I don't know anyone that would attack Barbaros instead of Nekima, even with Challenge up.

Barbaros is fairly tanky (for Neverborn) and his 4" push on Attacks can help deny the Strat. In a game with a tight timeline if people are attacking Nekima over him I still see that as a win. The kill Barbaros with Nekima move is more of a back up plan.

• Like 1

Had a new fun idea for HH:

Barbaros with Nephilim Gladiatus

Rougarou

The Tooth

4pt model (I'm thinking the Mysterious Effigy but could also go with The Depleted or a Changeling)

The basic idea is to abuse the heck out of the Rougarou's Pounce ability with the pushes off of Barbaros and The Tooth's (0) and Attack actions. 

• Like 1

In my last HH I didn't have a chance to play versus guild, but my list was: Candy with FgF, Iggy, Kade (before errata) and Doppleganger. The list showed itself quite good. All models are Woes, so Iggy can use his "martyr" aura for everyone. His "incite" combos well with Candys aura, but sometimes it worth to help Candy with his "throw a fit" action. Candy tries to engage as much as possible enemy models. Doppel helps to win initiative and copies Kades or opponents beaters attacks. As for now the list can be improved by adding "depression" upgrade on Kade, because of his resent cost decrease.

• Like 1

Local club also just announced a HH about 6 weeks out; very even mix of factions in the pool of potential players. For henchmen, I only have Barbaros, Nekima, WWeaver, Hinamatsu

This was my thought:

Nekima FGF (1ss)
Lilitu
Iggy ()
Illuminated
0 cache   (this kinda concerns me.)

Well, Nekima has the mobility, regeneration, dmg track,  extra melee action. Hit my lady? She has black blood, so take one for yourself.  To keep her dealing damage and not walking, use the 18" lure and 4" engagement for extra pain. Incite seems especially dirty in HH to disrupt the return attacks; its a Ca, so no randomization. And illuminated? Ranged attack + melee beater [remember that lure?] with built in heals, what's not to love about this costly seven stone drug addict?

9 hours ago, Mac_Atk said:

Local club also just announced a HH about 6 weeks out; very even mix of factions in the pool of potential players. For henchmen, I only have Barbaros, Nekima, WWeaver, Hinamatsu

This was my thought:

Nekima FGF (1ss)
Lilitu
Iggy ()
Illuminated
0 cache   (this kinda concerns me.)

Well, Nekima has the mobility, regeneration, dmg track,  extra melee action. Hit my lady? She has black blood, so take one for yourself.  To keep her dealing damage and not walking, use the 18" lure and 4" engagement for extra pain. Incite seems especially dirty in HH to disrupt the return attacks; its a Ca, so no randomization. And illuminated? Ranged attack + melee beater [remember that lure?] with built in heals, what's not to love about this costly seven stone drug addict?

I've played a similar list and done well. Having 0 stones bothered me as a player and made me nervous, but was basically fine.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Azkral said:

Barbaros as leader, Nekima , a changeling and a wisp/alp are also very hard to beat. You can protect Nekima with barbaros, and use barbaros DF trigger to put enemies away and pounce with the changeling

A Primodrial Magic would actually be useful there rather than a wisp/alp, and give you an upgrade.

What about a Bad Juju with Nekima? 

Terrifying, regenration, can slow and paralyze.  The slow walk won't mean much b/c of close deployment. If i get Juju on the opposite side of the enemy hench than Nekima (left to right), maybe the landslide pulse doesnt hit her with  the slow & 2dmg.   Between the two, I have 10 opportunities to deal dmg each turn they are engaged. 

Nekima: 3+melee expert+0 blood4blood (could trigger to do it again).

Juju: Flurry (3 dirty claws), dirty claws, 0 landslide.

If they all hit at minimum only...

10 sources, total 27dmg, per turn.

If they need to move to get into melee first...

8 sources, 21dmg

Without FGF, Iggy applying burning, 

1 hour ago, Mac_Atk said:

What about a Bad Juju with Nekima? 

Terrifying, regenration, can slow and paralyze.  The slow walk won't mean much b/c of close deployment. If i get Juju on the opposite side of the enemy hench than Nekima (left to right), maybe the landslide pulse doesnt hit her with  the slow & 2dmg.   Between the two, I have 10 opportunities to deal dmg each turn they are engaged. 

Nekima: 3+melee expert+0 blood4blood (could trigger to do it again).

Juju: Flurry (3 dirty claws), dirty claws, 0 landslide.

If they all hit at minimum only...

10 sources, total 27dmg, per turn.

If they need to move to get into melee first...

8 sources, 21dmg

Without FGF, Iggy applying burning, 

Why are you giving Juju 4 attacks?