Help with Lady J - Close/Public execution 2018 Viable with her?

Baratta

Hello,

Looking for some insight with Lady J. Going to play against an Arcanist (Probably Sandeep), I usually play Nellie/Perdita but feel that lady J maybe viable(Haven played her before) as its close deployment and Public Execution.

What work well with her? Are Death Marshals any good?(would have to purchase them).

I am thinking

Eliminate the leadership + Show of force

And list ideas are this:

1 xFrank with wade in + Lead lined coat - +2DF/+2P on lady J

1x Jury + Lead lined coat - "I find You" if I need to remove shed blood condition on the enemy.

1x Brutal Effigy - Lady J heal

1 x Death Marshal - To keep lady J alive. (1 or 2?)

Peacekeeper ?¿

Any suggestions on thing you know work well with her?

Strategy

Public Execution (Tomes) / Close Deployment

Schemes

Eliminate the leadership (Paired Tomes)

Undercover Entourage (Number 5)

Public Demonstration (Number 13)

Inescapable Trap (Number 6)

Show Of force (Number 7)

At first - Lady J is very viable in 2018, I enjoyed every game so far I had with her, try her if you want to :)

Now, I don`t think that the Jury can remove the Shed blood condition from an enemy, it`s weirdly worded but implies that the owner of the model get`s to choose wether a condition is removed or not - she`s still a great model with condition remove/heal for your own models and a great attack.

Francisco is as close to a must have for Lady J as it get`s, you`re right there ;)

I don`t think that Death Marshals would really help in keeping Lady J alive, but a Death Marshal Recruiter might do the job, while giving out nearly guaranteed extra attacks for Lady, Franc, Jury.

Just make sure you take Js new Swordfighter Upgrade with you, as well as Badge of Office, especially when Eliminate is in the pool.

Effigy is also a great choice, can confirm that.

Eliminate, Show and Undercover Entourage should be safe bets, depending on what you are playing against.

Sandeep might be hard to reach and kill, but if one master could pull it off, it`s the Lady - though Entourage on her is no mistake too, if you want to play it safer.

Show is always a good scheme for Guild, and a LAdy J list should have no problems at all with the strat.

Rest of the crew is up to you, anything you want to try?

Sounds like she was tailored to thatscheme pool! Be careful qhen you remove shed bloodfrpm every eny with her 0 since it removes it from friendlies as well. She gets to keep consiions on herself though and I hear she kills models fairly well. ;)

Don't like death marshals that much, there are better options.

Didn't catch that Jury cant remove enemy condition. Thank you.

I meant Death Marshal Recruiter, not Death MArshal. One is enough? or is it worth is to take 2?

I usually take shooting list, I dont really play much melee, our meta is very shooting heavy. Thats why I am having a hard time making a lsit, I dont have much experience with melee.

Im thinking of using hard to kill models (Phiona / Frank / Judge) to go up the middle and score Show of force and dont give easy point for publi executions. But I am afraid that I will get shoot by 3x Oxfordian mages and don know how to counter them with Lady J just hope I get him in Melee and bog him down. Any recoomendations on waht work well for you?

I removed Jury and ended with this:

Crew Name: Lady J 50ss
Leader: Lady Justice - Cache:(4)
   Swordfighter 1ss
   Badge of Office 2ss
Francisco Ortega 8ss
   Wade In 1ss
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss
The Judge 8ss
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss
Phiona Gage 8ss
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss
Death Marshal Recruiter 7ss
Brutal Effigy 4ss 

Still have 8 SS and dont know if Jury is good for healing.

4 hours ago, Baratta said:

Didn't catch that Jury cant remove enemy condition. Thank you.

I meant Death Marshal Recruiter, not Death MArshal. One is enough? or is it worth is to take 2?

I usually take shooting list, I dont really play much melee, our meta is very shooting heavy. Thats why I am having a hard time making a lsit, I dont have much experience with melee.

Im thinking of using hard to kill models (Phiona / Frank / Judge) to go up the middle and score Show of force and dont give easy point for publi executions. But I am afraid that I will get shoot by 3x Oxfordian mages and don know how to counter them with Lady J just hope I get him in Melee and bog him down. Any recoomendations on waht work well for you?

I removed Jury and ended with this:

Swordfighter 1ss
   Badge of Office 2ss
Francisco Ortega 8ss
   Wade In 1ss
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss
The Judge 8ss
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss
Phiona Gage 8ss
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss
Death Marshal Recruiter 7ss
Brutal Effigy 4ss 

Still have 8 SS and dont know if Jury is good for healing.

I would still stay with Jury over Judge, DMR has (0) action that on masks trigger can give an additonal attack Lady J, Jury can gives mask to friendly models. Also she can heal her up and have very nice attack. In addition i would take Lady J totem because if you use swordfighter he can give you 2 cards back. 

3 hours ago, Baratta said:

I usually take shooting list, I dont really play much melee, our meta is very shooting heavy. Thats why I am having a hard time making a lsit, I dont have much experience with melee

Just a thought related to this.  Because shooting heavy metas are rare, I would be cautious with this list if your boards tend to be low terrain, low cover or low blocking terrain.  If they tend to feed shooters you might have trouble getting there (though since it is close that should in theory be mitigated.)

50 SS Guild Crew
Lady Justice + 5 Pool
 - Ashwood Coffin (2)
 - Swordfighter (1)
Scales of Justice (3)
The Jury (8)
 - Numb To The World (1)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Francisco Ortega (8)
 - Wade In (1)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Death Marshal Recruiter (7)
Brutal Effigy (4)
Guild Guard (3)
Guild Guard (3)
Guild Guard (3)
Guild Guard (3)

Master Queeg with Promises will help all of those beaters with upgrades quite a bit.  I might swap out a few of those LLC for DttG as well, although either is good.

A Death Marshal might not be totally stupid against Sandeep, since he's hard to pin down.  Boxing him gets you a point for EtL, and if you give Ashwood Coffin to Lady J, she can attack him without needing to worry about anything.  Not to mention, he can't summon.  I can't sing the praises of Ashwood Coffin enough, it just solves so many problems.

I'm also not a fan of the Judge.  I'd prefer the Jury, since she can heal, give out Fees, card draw, Slow... not to mention really cool mask triggers for everyone.

I think you'll also want the Scales of Justice for card draw, too.

Played with this list. Arcanist player brought Marcus with heavy hitting Beasts (Grootslang, Cerberus, Miranda turned to another Cerberus, Blessed of December, 3 hoard cat)

He took Undercover Entourage, Eliminate the Leadership. I Won 7 - 5. (scored 3 for both schemes and 1 from the strategy) (Both leaders were eliminated so he only scored 3 from Eliminate)

My comments on the list.

Judge underperformed, really didn’t do much even though he didn’t die. Jury giving slow was very good and healing Fransico. Armor on the 3 Henchmen was great, Francisco died  turn3 but he wasted a lot of AP trying to kill him. Jury healed him 2 times to go above hard to kill.

Lady J was not very good, but no fault of her own. I black joker her dmg turn one with swordfighter. She dies turn four but her DMG output was great as there was no charging.

Brutal Effigy never got to heal lady J, just ran on opposite edge of the board with guild guard to not die to any beast.

Death Marshal Recruiter died turn two very quickly, he did score an attack on Marcus and buried him, very frail.

Scales of Justice was ok, just gave me a card and ran.

Overal had a very bad first turn but very solid Henchmen gave me a way to come back. Lady J is very frail as if she is focused will go down easily, badge prevented 5 DMG but she still died with the Dmg a Cerberus and Marcus gave her.

Not sure of the 3 Cheap models for AP control, maybe a 4 henchmen would have been better. Him not playing any Henchmen gave me show of force very easily.

Declared Faction: Guild
   Swordfighter 1ss
   Badge of Office 2ss
Scales of Justice 3ss
Francisco Ortega 8ss
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss
   Wade In 1ss
The Judge 8ss
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss
The Jury 8ss