Lucius with Condescending and Conflux

SAYNE

10 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

I was supposed to face it this week, surprisingly, but Valentine’s Day...

Other than having to be told every single time it was discussed that will-o-wisps count as scheme markers, I grasp the idea (and sigh that my model selection is a bit low on reliable blast marker casters).

No they don't? They can place scheme markers when someone fails a Wp duel, but they don't count as scheme markers. And if you meant Adze, then they only count as scheme markers when determining VP.

Hahaha! Every. Single. Time.

This made me laugh out loud @Gnomezilla. You can't even talk about misunderstanding it without being corrected. :D

I'm not saying I will start popping into threads where you are discussing completely unrelated things and give you this clarification but at the same time I can't make any promises either. ;)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't use Condescending but I once killed an Activated Misaki with (0) Hidden Sniper followed by a Charge using Backstab and then final AP using Backstab. Lucius can be a decent Beater in the right circumstances. 

Alternately you can tie a model or two up and give them Red Tape with his Sword Cane so he's unlikely to be hit back.

Is condescending worth it in this scenario, for 1 ap to maybe add 1 damage to a few attacks?

I can see with a few willow wisps placing markers after a failed wp duel to trigger hidden wepons of might be nice. But its a big investment in a iffy pay of.

(I dont want to understate the power of "you cant cheat" just seems like a inconciquential benefit)

2 hours ago, izikial said:

Is condescending worth it in this scenario, for 1 ap to maybe add 1 damage to a few attacks?

I can see with a few willow wisps placing markers after a failed wp duel to trigger hidden wepons of might be nice. But its a big investment in a iffy pay of.

(I dont want to understate the power of "you cant cheat" just seems like a inconciquential benefit)

It might not be that big for Lucius' attacks but an agressive summoner like Molly won't like not being able to cheat. I've also used it against enemy alpha strikes to make them pay dearly for it instead of continuing the rampage on turn 2. Even big models go down pretty fast when they can't even cheat to put you on negatives to damage or cheat to make you miss. I'd say with a hand where you have maybe one 13 and the rest lowish cards it could be the difference between landing one attack or landing four attacks on a big enemy model.

11 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

It might not be that big for Lucius' attacks but an agressive summoner like Molly won't like not being able to cheat. I've also used it against enemy alpha strikes to make them pay dearly for it instead of continuing the rampage on turn 2. Even big models go down pretty fast when they can't even cheat to put you on negatives to damage or cheat to make you miss. I'd say with a hand where you have maybe one 13 and the rest lowish cards it could be the difference between landing one attack or landing four attacks on a big enemy model.

Nice info, i supose between red tape and condescending you can shut a beater down. Or use condescending as the more agressive condition. Not looked at it that way. Thanks

• Like 1

Opponent. “I have a godly card cycling engine! My hand will always be superior.”

Lucius: “The superior force in Malifaux? I saw it in the mirror this morning.”

I had a model I needed to be alive, and Condescending assured me that I couldn’t spend those assets to guarantee it.

Now what I have yet to see happen is the discard a scheme marker on activation part.