My tomorrow's game is giving me headache

ElPuto

Hey guys, after a long break (played a lot of 10T lately), I decided to give my Outcasts a try in GG18. 

Unfortunately, I don't own so much, so I haven't a real flexibility in builds.

The rolled Strategy and Schemes are these:

Ply For Information (we decided to play Extraction, just to change a bit)
Surround Them
Inescapable Trap
Public Demonstration
Hold Up Their Forces
Vendetta

Given I own Hamelin, Parker, Jack Daw and some random stuff, what are your advises about the game? Is Hamelin able to play into these Schemes? I know he's really powerful and can do almost everything, but don't know. 
By the way, I thought to go for Hold Up Their Forces and another one (Surround Them or Vendetta, probably), 'cause I think Montresor will shine into Hold Up. What can be an efficient runner? The Midnight Stalker?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome back to Outcasts, anyway out of the masters you specified I have played Parker a decent amount and Hamelin once (it was a fun first game) anyway I played in a tournament recently and had a similar pool, I got 3 for surround them against my mate who was using Viks as he kept plying off a bandido i'd then run and gun away, she wasn't being hit and she pushed up the board to get killed turn 5 for a finish the job scheme marker place and the other marker on their side was from Parker belting it up the board with blood chasing him. I have had great fun with the midnight stalker he is brilliant at dropping markers and flying up the board so he helps for surround them too as catching up with him and actually doing damage is not very likely. I imagine with obeys and pipes etc Hamelin can set up an enemy model so you can effectively farm Gathered Intel off of the model, hold up their forces may be good for both as Parker and Hamelin do have movement stuff however I am not that confident with it as I tend to enjoy ganging up on enemies, vendetta is also pretty good if you have a target you know you may be able to take down, overall it depends how you feel on the day and what master you fancy, I am pretty terrible at list making without doing a bit of preparation beforehand (that is if I know the scheme pool) anyway good luck with your game and I kinda hope the random array of personal experiences has helped :D

• Thanks 1

Midnight Stalker is an insane scheme runner. Starting on turn 2, (and potentially turn 1) he can be placing 2 scheme markers a turn  You need to make sure you have activation control so he doesn't get blown out - he IS very easy to drop won't his Polite & Well MAnnerd (i think thats what its called) drops.  In my most recent game, he scored 3 Covert Breakthrough points and 2 Surround Them all on his own.  At 8ss he's a little pricey, but I find him well worth it 

However, for your pool, taking him soley for Surround Them might be a little costly, but if you can keep the game close, its worth.  

On 2/13/2018 at 9:00 PM, beergod said:

I would go with hamlin  A&D can hold up multiple models, and with his new upgrade rats can get the scheme markers to the corners. 

I also agree with this, Hamlin is basically always good and A&D can do both Hold Them Up and part of, if not all, of Surround Them

3 hours ago, Davos said:

Midnight Stalker is an insane scheme runner. Starting on turn 2, (and potentially turn 1) he can be placing 2 scheme markers a turn  You need to make sure you have activation control so he doesn't get blown out - he IS very easy to drop won't his Polite & Well MAnnerd (i think thats what its called) drops.  In my most recent game, he scored 3 Covert Breakthrough points and 2 Surround Them all on his own.  At 8ss he's a little pricey, but I find him well worth it 

However, for your pool, taking him soley for Surround Them might be a little costly, but if you can keep the game close, its worth.  

I also agree with this, Hamlin is basically always good and A&D can do both Hold Them Up and part of, if not all, of Surround Them

On 14/2/2018 at 4:00 AM, beergod said:

I would go with hamlin  A&D can hold up multiple models, and with his new upgrade rats can get the scheme markers to the corners. 

Played this one:
Hamelin (5 SS Cache)
- Sewer King
- The Piper
- The Plague (wanted to try it)
The Stolen
Baby Kade
Bishop
- Oathkeeper
The Midnight Stalker
- The Bigger They Are
Crooligan
Crooligan
Obedient Wretch
Malifaux Rat

Won 10-4 vs Rasputina with some stuff, Snowstorm, 2x Acolytes, 2x Ice Dancers, Silent One.
Took Vendetta and Surround Them.
Crooligans and Obedient scored the latter.
Bishop did Vendetta, killing the Storm turn 2 (he killed an Acolyte too in turn 1), getting killed in response by the explosion. Totally worth his 10 points, even if I almost wasted the Fast.
Midnight Stalker did his thing, but I was often engaged with models that had already activated, and he couldn't get use of his Upgrade. Still a nuisance for my opponent tho.
Kade did almost nothing, except for killing one Dancer. Missed 2 Lures, got killed by 2 Raspy's attacks. Nothing to declare, but I can see his potential.
One Stolen sacrificed for 2 Rats, 3 Rats in play, Wretch shot one to create another one, Rat King. Usual rat-engine, but apart from that, couldn't do more 'cause blasts are a pain.
Plague is good, probably Pits would have been awesome with the Informant Marker but no worries at all, Hamelin is still powerful and able to play in every scenario (kind of).

• Like 1