Condition Removal: A Luxury?

mo11usq

I consider condition removal one of the top tools a competative crew should have. Therefore it troubles me that I so often step onto the table without it.

Us neck romancers have it pretty good with access to Chiaki, I used to take her a lot when I was starting out, but now she never seems to make the cut.

Wonder how you guys have been finding fitting condition removal into your lists?

Played into guild last night without cond rem. Really worried about slow/stalk/thalarian bullshit etc. Gamble paid off and I didn't miss it. 

However did see chiaki and yin tanking in the front line at the tail end of another game. A slowed Chiaki survived a focused pathfinder, dropped a marker and killed Francisco for public executions and dig graves. Was beautiful to watch. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, meows0r said:

The value of condition removal that can target enemies went way up in GG2018. Chiaki with MLH (to get up to Chi 7 on Turn 1) is the core of almost all my lists along w my usual minion trio (belle, doxy, nurse). Mind you I only really play Dr. Dufresne and Molly.

I'm guessing you mean Ca7, not Chi 7?

On 2/15/2018 at 11:23 AM, mo11usq said:

However did see chiaki and yin tanking in the front line at the tail end of another game. A slowed Chiaki survived a focused pathfinder, dropped a marker and killed Francisco for public executions and dig graves. Was beautiful to watch.

This was my game :PYep it was a pretty sweet finale

I think in GG18 shes going to make most of my lists because of being able to remove gathered intel and shed blood. I badly regretted not taking her in my previous game due to Amina Naidu turning several of my crew into peons, making it very difficult to score 'Ours'

• Like 1

Being neither a Spirit nor an Undead model you're taking her purely for her kit, that to be fair is amazing for 6ss. I also played her very extensively while new to Ressurs but nowadays play her far less. I agree with OP that she often doesn't make the cut at 6ss or 7ss if I don't 100% need her Condition removal. There's so many good options like our Emissary, Phillip and the Nanny and by the sounds, Asura, and cheap scheme runners that a 6ss or 7ss cost can be awkward sometimes in the crew composition. 

Looking at Condition Removal there's also the Johan question for us to answer. I can't see him replacing Chiaki unless we're desperate for some more hitting power (especially since his ss cost increase). There might be some weird scheme pool and opponent that makes us reach for both Chiaki AND Johan but that'd be rare.

My meta doesn't generally make Condition Removal a must-have for me but Chiaki will still be high on the priority list for games of Public Executions and Ply For Info.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2018 at 3:15 PM, Tendrepie said:

Yep, only need discard MLH then succeed her zero action twice on an ennemy model... with a tome trigger,  T1??? I don't see this happening very often, even in close deployment!

Bigger issue for me is that if you have MLH on her then you don’t have POTG and being able to hand out slow on models you are dragging around out of position is petty nice. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, thewrathchilde said:

Bigger issue for me is that if you have MLH on her then you don’t have POTG and being able to hand out slow on models you are dragging around out of position is petty nice. 

Well, that's true, you miss out on Pull of the Grave... which is a good upgrade. Basically gives her a Belle's (1) Undress... But for me the biggest issue is spending a copy of MLH on Chiaki in the first place.

I want 2 copies of MLH pretty much every game, and I want it on models that have good/great (0)s, or could abuse the Dark Protection buff since they hit like trucks, or both.

So, even if Chiaki could take two upgrades, using one of my MLHs on Chiaki seems like a waste of an otherwise phenomenal upgrade.

17 hours ago, hydranixx said:

Well, that's true, you miss out on Pull of the Grave... which is a good upgrade. Basically gives her a Belle's (1) Undress... But for me the biggest issue is spending a copy of MLH on Chiaki in the first place.

I want 2 copies of MLH pretty much every game, and I want it on models that have good/great (0)s, or could abuse the Dark Protection buff since they hit like trucks, or both.

So, even if Chiaki could take two upgrades, using one of my MLHs on Chiaki seems like a waste of an otherwise phenomenal upgrade.

I agree completely. Typically I like it (points depending) on Batsue Ba (w/Sprit Whispers) to either give me a first turn of double Seishin summoning or double Guiding Spirits, on the Carrion Emissary for a turn of double blocking terrain, Anna for a double Vortex turn or any number of other options (Toshiro for 2 x fast minions) over Chiaki. Plus POTG on Chiaki with some Chi is really good in a list that can push/pull models around.

• Like 1