Lynch in Neverborn.

INXVI

So I decided to step across to the 10T forum, and came across a couple of threads which talk about Lynch's playstyle. The list building and synergies were much more varied over there. Lynch was my first master and will always be one of my favourites, even if he rarely sees play from me anymore.

This is mainly due to his lists feeling quite dull, I had really good succes in a tournament game the other week, but he did what he always does, kill, kill a lot. My list was as it always is, with Nekima, Graves, Tots etc.

So what I was wondering is, what kind of creative shenanigans have we got for the Gambling Man? 

Maybe WP based effects, such as Sorrows or Insidious Madness could kick in. A horror duel based list, with the Widow Weaver and Coppelius maybe? 

These lists will most likely be for fun, but you never know, we could stumble upon something amazing 😂

Cheers to anyone who comments.

• Like 2

I think NB Lynch is probably about at good as TT Lynch for the first time since 2e started.

The new limited upgrade, Cheating Bastard, is a solid pick in most scenarios, and works very well for a lure/bubble combo. As NB have superior lure options to TT, the balance has pretty much been restored.

In the fun and exotic category, NB cannot do as easy a Melbourne Shuffle as TT, but it is still viable.

Using a bunch of nice cheap corrupted hounds, Lust as a merc and the Emissary with Mysterious Conflux, you can flip most of the deck in a turn. Lust can use her 0 to get a Beckoner up a bit, who can then lure Lust up the table on the first turn, so the charges on the first turn are also movement. Once you have the ace of tomes plus another ace, you can choose two or three hounds to charge Lust as she gets on with her day, giving you four or six card draw until they are dead.

The other new upgrade, Burn Out, is good for this. As the dogs disappear, there is often not much for a summoned depleted to do, and if they are anywhere near Lust they can also generate cards.

Like all Melbourne Shuffle crews, it is doubling down on the murder, an element that Lynch already excels at. It works well into small elite crews, and poorly into trash spam like Somer and Collodi.

How is luring with a beckoner an argument for better lures in neverborn when beckoners are allowed with Lynch in TT as well? The same goes for my stitched, they can be done in TT as well (but not spammed to silly levels). The big pull to neverborn seems to be cheaper spam models?

@Ludvig

The main point of this thread was to bring up new things that Lynch could do, I know he is no where near as good at WP shenanigans as Pandora for example, but I want to try experimenting with him for fun, but you've made some good points. I tried his new limited upgrade yesterday and it's a lot of fun, I was drawing masks like crazy (which never happens when I play Dreamer 😢) Maybe there is some unseen potential with spamming cheap models?

@anencephalous

Thanks for all the points mate, I've always wanted to try Lust with Lynch and that tactic seems really good for beefing out his hand and makes Final Debt incredible.

I think the main issue is, as you say, Lynch is known for killing. I've been thinking up of some great Dreamer & Collodi tactics, but never anything new for Lynch, he usually runs as a pretty generic list with a few changes. It is a shame he plays a that way, but at least he does it really well. The one thing I enjoyed in the list I ran yesterday, was Coppelius healing Lynch with eyes (it was a very experimental list).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Azkral said:

Another neverborn Card shuffle is use a bloodwretch and serena bowman.

The bloodwretch can hit serena for cards, and she comes back.

I love the sound of that! Its a pretty cheap way to get cards too. Just finished painting her, so I've been throwing her in a tonne of lists.

She scores me Guarded Treasure a lot, and she can heal, so even after the card cycling is done, or falls apart, she has other purposes to complete.

The thorn charging a depleted near a scheme marker lets you flip 12 cards and draw 2 for two damage to the depleted. (Unless you're insanely unlucky as you flip 4 negatives for damage). That's 25% of your deck seen for 2ap and a 0.

Scion is really good with lynch as you can throw two aces for condition removal. Plus hand control makes it easier to justify an 8 for his interact tactical.

Mysterious effigy can really save his bacon and makes cheating bastard even more obsolete than it already is.

This one is really situational but I've done it once:

If you're running hinamatsu as a flanker and she catches a scheme runner she can farm it for cards, by cheating in aces, instead of killing it. Few runners can hurt her and 4 cards plus locking down a scheme runner is fine for 9 pts. Just be aware that people will take this very personal and get really annoyed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Angelshard

Thanks mate, that is what I am aiming for :) my hands with Lynch are usually crazy, even before the cycling, I wish I had that kind of luck when running The Dreamer 😂 I just fancied a change, I main Lilith and will probably play a bit more seriously in tournaments so Lynch is only used for Ours + Killy Pool (I love breakthrough with Tots, it works so well) so crafting a wonky but fun list to try out in casual games seems great, and I've got a lot to try out from this thread. 

• Like 1

Neverborn Lynch can have another source of card-farming - a Doppleganger+Bloodwretch combo. Not only wretch can strike for 2 cards with a returning ace discard, but also Dopel can copy her 1 Ap tactical, use it for free on tomes trigger, and take 2 attacks on someone friendly and tough enough, even combined with move by charging. Her tiny fists will get 2 damage even with tactical's boost - and can't hurt much someone like Illuminated - with armor, regen and in-built healing.

Speaking about Lust and her trigger-based farming, it's better to use Oiran to hit her. Even with a merc-pay, it's 5 attacks in a round from a 6SS model. 

The most useful thing I see in Neverborn for Lynch is Emissary summoning Changelings. They can copy his attacks - Final Debt, for example - and turn into a killing machines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Oiran are not great, because the trigger is after damaging. That means Lust is taking a right pounding even at min damage 1.

I do like the idea of the card farming from the Doppel, but she is so useful normally, I usually have her doing something turn one anyway.

The multiple Final Debts could be revolting in the right situation.

2 hours ago, anencephalous said:

Oiran are not great, because the trigger is after damaging. That means Lust is taking a right pounding even at min damage 1.

I do like the idea of the card farming from the Doppel, but she is so useful normally, I usually have her doing something turn one anyway.

Suffering damage is the bad side. But there are some ways to deal with it - like passive healing from Cheating Bastard and/or Malifaux Provides.

And flipping damage give you a huge load of card-cycling, looking for aces.

On 2/21/2018 at 12:23 PM, Domin said:

The most useful thing I see in Neverborn for Lynch is Emissary summoning Changelings. They can copy his attacks - Final Debt, for example - and turn into a killing machines.

This is actually not that useful as Final Debt has a TN of 11:mask, they have an AV 4, with no Mask .  Meaning they need a 7+ of :mask to cast it, ignoring the enemy possible flipping higher.  They can copy the Hungering Darkness's Head my Voice as unlike other Obey like spells it does not have a TN or suit requirement.  Also the Illuminated's attacks bonus damage is built in if the target has Brilliance so they can get a 4/6/7 damage spread.

• Thanks 1