On 02.04.2018 at 2:00 AM, Ishkul said:

Loving the highlights on that Judge!

Coat:

Base colour: P3 Battlefield Brown

Drybrush: GW Calthan Brown & GW Khemri Brown

Edge highlights: P3 Beast Hide

Wash: GW Ogryn Fleshtone

Hat:

Base colour: Vallejo Model Air Cam. Medi. Brown (71.038)

Wash: GW Devlan Mud

Drybrush: Vallejo Game Air Beasty Brown (72.743)

Edge highlight: P3 Beast Hide

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2018 at 9:02 AM, darkhoras said:

Hello,

I am new in Malifaux hobby. I have started from Guild and I want to share some photos of  my minis. 

My first master was C. Hoffman

Nice collection of minis and their photos. C Hoffman box is the only Guild crew I painted, even if I have till to assemble and paint the two Hunters I have lost somewhere because of an issue with a damaged components. While some of these minis are quick amd easy to paint with some metal color I found C. Hoffman a true challenge. I saw you painted your Hoffman with care and detail richness. Well done!

BTW, I'm also using a mix of paints from different companies: P3, GW, Vallejo, Tamya. I expecially like P3 paints although their mixing and home made washes can sometimes leed to unexpected results. What about your personal experience with P3 paints?

On 4/3/2018 at 10:26 PM, Purple Mist said:

Nice collection of minis and their photos. C Hoffman box is the only Guild crew I painted, even if I have till to assemble and paint the two Hunters I have lost somewhere because of an issue with a damaged components. While some of these minis are quick amd easy to paint with some metal color I found C. Hoffman a true challenge. I saw you painted your Hoffman with care and detail richness. Well done!

BTW, I'm also using a mix of paints from different companies: P3, GW, Vallejo, Tamya. I expecially like P3 paints although their mixing and home made washes can sometimes leed to unexpected results. What about your personal experience with P3 paints?

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback!

I don't have a lot of P3 paints, but I like that they don't require to much water to thin paint. It is almost ready to paint work from the bottle. 

I preffer GW paints. They are amazing! 

Vallejo Air I use for Airbrush on the first place. But I like to use them also with regular brush. They just require several coats in order to have good coverage on mini. 

P3 paints work fine on the wet palette, most of time without need to diluite them. P3 Medium is a great stuff to produce self made washes. Recently I produced, on the moment, some washes from GW Paints using P3 Medium. The achivements I got went after my expectations.

GW paints are thicker. Sometimes I use airbrush thinner to diluite them before using with brush. Then, working on wet palette with a mess of shades it happens to mix GW and P3 colors. The result was OK.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finished Scales of Justice model. It was a little bit chalenge to paint this miniature. Many different styles including flame, wood, skin, leather and so on. Also tried to create some blood effects. In future, it would be great to add dynamic lighting to model. But need to investigate this style and try several times to understand how it works.

photo5902039643669508541.jpg?dl=0 photo5902039643669508542.jpg?dl=0 photo5902039643669508543.jpg?dl=0 photo5902039643669508544.jpg?dl=0

photo5902039643669508545.jpg?dl=0

• Like 3

1 hour ago, darkhoras said:

Also tried to create some blood effects.

Overall l think you did well! If I can make one suggestion it's that it's a tiny bit bright. I always do a first glaze layer of a darker purple which gives it a bit of variance and makes it slightly darker.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...