Are Bayou gremlins better than Survivors?

TeddyBear

Hi mates!

Lately, i'm testing also gremilins; i have three of them Som'er, Zipp and Ophelia. I don't know other masters. (but soon i should be getting Mah Tucket and her totem, i already have Trixie) Leaving aside Ophelia, more for laziness :PI would like to open discussion, to tell you my doubts about Zipp and Somer and if is better play them with survivors or bayou gremlins.

Me too, realized that there are "better" models than others in these strategies of gg18; models like: First mate, Fingers, Skeeters, and Survivors..i find the latter very strong.

If i try to create a list (with Som'er or Zipp) in which to insert at least Trixie, Fingers and First Mate i get a point where i ask to myself if it is better use one or other.

If i choose to use Survivors with Zipp i have to give up at "Dread pirate Zipp upgrade"

If i choose to use Survivors with Som'er i have to give up at "Family Tree upgrade"

Generally, i knew, that gremlins compensated their low stats, with a great numbers of activations, how can i do, to not give up  survivors? (without having only 7/8 activations?)

Bear with me, for perhaps trivial question, but i'm still looking to understand better gremlins faction and if be right for me =) 

For somer bayous are definitely better because you get more and I’ve found that somer works best with swarm tactics. With zipp I think you take bayous if you want to play with dread pirate but take survivors if you don’t. They’re still good models and if it wasn’t for dread pirate I’d take them every time with zipp because of his great construct support

• Like 1

Take less upgrades on our less survivable models and pick and chose when you need to reckless.

At this point in time I would advise against playing Trixie, she is too card hungry and expensive for what she does.

her survival also got nerfed in recent errata, you can charge her and she cannot pass the attacks off ( survivors being the neat target for that due to HTK)

As you have mentioned, take bayous only when you have abilities that directly interact with them ( Somer summon on Pirate zip) otherwise swap for Survivors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daniello_s said:

Why not? 

from Last Faq. =((

9 hours ago, PolishSausage said:

At this point in time I would advise against playing Trixie, she is too card hungry and expensive for what she does.

her survival also got nerfed in recent errata, you can charge her and she cannot pass the attacks off ( survivors being the neat target for that due to HTK)

it's a habit

i realize that Trixie is too expansive.. probably because i come from a long period with Nb (see doppelganger), i find that be able to chat initiative is a great thing, especially with grem. if i put them in wrong position and i lost initiative flip, my oppo makes me lose a piece every time!

Trixie is still good support model. In Supply wagon she can push enemy models away from their Wagon so they won't push it that certain turn. In Symbols of Authority she can allow you to win initiative and snatch the Symbol with your strategy runner before opponent can tarpit/kill him or you can intercept enemy model doing similar thing. I think she can be useful some games.

• Like 1