New Player needing help with Parker Barrows!

Yanlol

Hey there guys!

I recently have made the move from TT to Outcasts and my first crew is Parker Barrows as I love the models and since the new GG18 I'm completely thrown with what models are good for him, I know this depends on the strats and schemes but what are the staple models you'd use or little combos you like to use? 

Thanks 😊

@Fenriel hit most of the usual suspects.  I’d consider the following strong adds:

-Hodgepodge Emissary (near auto-include for me)

- Dead outlaws (best 6ss minion in Outcast in my opinion)

- Anna Lovelace (for her incidental summoning I recommend Seishin for healing)

after that, most of the named enforcers are nice additions (Johan, Sue, Big Jake, etc). I haven’t tried desperate mercs yet, but they seem spicy with the new cost reduction.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Yanlol said:

Thanks guys 😊 alot of that makes sense, but do you mind going into a bit more detail for the hodgepodge emissary? 

He can do a thing called "cycling":

1Ap - attach Trinket. Thanks to Conflux, you'll draw a card.

0Ap on Conflux - take off the Trinket, draw a card, enemy Scheme (useful for a second SS thanks to Parker's abilities).

1Ap - Reattach the Trinket. Another card.

If needed, second 0Ap (Instinctual), discard a card, push, Scheme.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

(First off - it warms my heart to see you call that cycling too, @ElPuto)

ElPuto got the core of the cycle down- Dropping an enemy scheme marker for Five Finger Discount in the early turns, when your opponent is too far away to drop markers from.  He also gets cards to fuel Parker’s abilities which have higher than average TNs.

Some other Emissary tech:

- if you take a wokou raider, you can drop the marker to push them thanks to Ever-changing winds.  Early game it speeds them up- mid to late game it can disengage them to get to a spot to scheme/ score a VP.

- you can Drop a marker to emergency heal your dead outlaws.  Given their relative toughness, this can really irk an opponent.

Emissary may not have the best Attack, but it does have useful triggers (discard or slow, pull to engage, or attack again). Consider those turns 3+ where you won’t have the need/luxury of cycling.

Lastly, the emissary’s destined 0 is one I haven’t used all that much, but i think is important to remember if you’re planning for end of game scheme marker schemes.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Diceman87 said:

(First off - it warms my heart to see you call that cycling too, @ElPuto)

ElPuto got the core of the cycle down- Dropping an enemy scheme marker for Five Finger Discount in the early turns, when your opponent is too far away to drop markers from.  He also gets cards to fuel Parker’s abilities which have higher than average TNs.

Some other Emissary tech:

- if you take a wokou raider, you can drop the marker to push them thanks to Ever-changing winds.  Early game it speeds them up- mid to late game it can disengage them to get to a spot to scheme/ score a VP.

- you can Drop a marker to emergency heal your dead outlaws.  Given their relative toughness, this can really irk an opponent.

Emissary may not have the best Attack, but it does have useful triggers (discard or slow, pull to engage, or attack again). Consider those turns 3+ where you won’t have the need/luxury of cycling.

Lastly, the emissary’s destined 0 is one I haven’t used all that much, but i think is important to remember if you’re planning for end of game scheme marker schemes.

Learned it from your topic, mate, so thank you.

Loving a Wokou Raider in my list, especially if facing a lot of Ml stuff. Btw, they're probably pricy, but at 7 points they would be too strong in my opinion. What about Df6 and/or HtK?

Thanks so much guys, really appreciate the info, has made things clearer for me!

This is a starting list I'm proposing based on majority models I have already :

Declared Faction: Outcasts 
Crew Name: Barrows 50ss 
Leader: Parker Barrows - Cache:(4)
   Black Market 1ss 
   Hail Of Bullets 1ss 
   Stick Up 1ss 
Doc Mitchell 3ss 
Hodgepodge Emissary 10ss 
   Conflux of Stolen Goods 0ss 
Bishop 9ss 
Johana 7ss 
Dead Outlaw 6ss 
Dead Outlaw 6ss 
Bandido 5ss 

With a SS cache of 5 ! 

Does it look reasonable? 

1 minute ago, Yanlol said:

Thanks so much guys, really appreciate the info, has made things clearer for me!

Black Market 1ss 
   Hail Of Bullets 1ss 
   Stick Up 1ss 
Doc Mitchell 3ss 
Hodgepodge Emissary 10ss 
Bishop 9ss 
Johana 7ss 
Dead Outlaw 6ss 
Dead Outlaw 6ss 
Bandido 5ss 

With a SS cache of 5 ! 

Does it look reasonable? 

You can play with 4 SS easy with Parker, he will generate 1 or 2 SS every turn.
So pick Scramble for Bishop and make him a happy guy!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Yanlol said:

Black Market 1ss 
   Hail Of Bullets 1ss 
   Stick Up 1ss 
Doc Mitchell 3ss 
Hodgepodge Emissary 10ss 
Bishop 9ss 
Johana 7ss 
Dead Outlaw 6ss 
Dead Outlaw 6ss 
Bandido 5ss 

With a SS cache of 5 ! 

Does it look reasonable? 

I'd still go with Mad Dog over Bishop for range and HtK, but otherwise a solid list.

Get ready for your minions to drop like flies though, these guys are extremely fragile.

• Like 1

I'm in agreement with ElPuto. Wokou Raiders are severely underestimated. Sure they're pricey, but they do so much. If you can get one engaging a bunch of models they can be very hard to shift. The not being able to cheat melee attacks against them is great. Their mobility with markers being placed (plenty of those when playing parker) is great and the zero action has won me games. 

I would honestly consider swapping out Johana for one and swapping Bishop for Sue (with return fire). Johana's main thing is condition removal, which Parker has access to with his new upgrades. As for Bishop, whilst I do agree he's a good beater, I feel anti Ca tech is more needed with Parker.

Parker in general is an extremely "schemey" master, with a lot of tools. So when picking a crew for him I tend to focus on models that help him do this.

Saying that, if you have a specific scheme or strategy in mind Bishop can be an excellent choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1