New player - need help

Mikuchck

Hello. I'm fairly new player to Malifaux i known basic rules and how to play. I bought the kin https://giveusyourmoneypleasethankyou-wyrd.com/products/the-kin and slop haulers https://giveusyourmoneypleasethankyou-wyrd.com/products/slop-haulers

I need advice what to buy next and some strategy how to play it. I played 2 games. But i think im playing gremlins not to good.

I started painting them aswell ;0 two painted gremlins

Welcome to the Bayou! :D

You won't regret your choice!

Two years ago I started the same way as you did, got the kin and some slop haulers.

I think the Kin bring a lot to the table: A very versatile Master, Francois who is a staple in many many lists, Raphael who just recently got buffed and of course Pere who can be just very very mean.

I'd recommend you to get the newest Upgrades for Ophelia and staples like Dirty Cheater and Stilts. They really lift your Crew to the next Level. Especially the new Upgrades: one lets you use two (0) Actions per turn. You can push a Gremlin towards Ophelia with "oooh a Girl" and then place em anywhere within 8 inches with the (0) Action on your Jug Rocket-Upgrade. this is huge! you can move a single gremlin 16 Inches outside of its own activation.

Most People will propably tell you to get bayou gremlins, they are very cheap and very fast but die very quickly. Just get the "Bayou Boss" - Box, since it Comes with another very good master.

Personally: I like Merris LaCroix a lot. She offers you great scheme running potential and synergizes with Ophelia because of the Kin trait.

Well you can say a lot about Ophelia but definitely she is not versatile. Versatile is Somer (summon, support, kill). Ophelia is still good for the start - models in her box can be used widely with other masters too (except Rami - he is rubbish everywhere ;)).

I would buy Merris - she is amazing scheme runner. Then you can play more games with these models and see if you want to dive deeper into the Bayou ;)

Somer+Bayou Gremlins+Burt Jebsen+Merris LaCroix.
And you are ready to go.

As result you will get - one very strong and novice friendly master Somer who will have lots of Bayou gremlins to summon, spols to heal, Merris to do schemes Burt/Francois/Raphael to crush faces.
And thematical Kin gunline master Ophelia.

This list will be ok for participating in tournaments.

I would not bother adding anything else to start with and suggest you try out your models and work out what roles you are struggling to fill. From the models you have at the moment you can make a 50ss crew. I would concentrate on using the slop haulers to attack with to start as they can lower models defences which makes it easier form your other models to hit. You will be playing a very Lilly crew but you have a lot of activations thanks to the young lacroix and models like Raphael who can run schemes for you.

Well yes, Ophelia might not be as versatile as Somer, but Ophelia adds so much Utility to your other models with all her movement tricks. "Useless Junk" makes it so easy to almost casually drop scheme markers with your other models.

Also I don't think that Rami is thaaaat bad. I use him for trading with other models or sniping low-health models. He will not win you the game, but he will annoy your opponent. Yes: he is no Burt Jebsen but Mikuchcks question was not "how to get the best Gremlin-List" but how to play better with what he has got and what to buy next. I like to play non-optimized lists because it makes you think outside of the box. (That being said... I also play a lot optimized lists)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Davie said:

I'd recommend you to get the newest Upgrades for Ophelia and staples like Dirty Cheater and Stilts. They really lift your Crew to the next Level. Especially the new Upgrades: one lets you use two (0) Actions per turn. You can push a Gremlin towards Ophelia with "oooh a Girl" and then place em anywhere within 8 inches with the (0) Action on your Jug Rocket-Upgrade. this is huge! you can move a single gremlin 16 Inches outside of its own activation

As far as I can see those upgrades were in "ARSENAL BOX - GREMLINS (WAVE 1)" And its no longer in production.