Scheme, kill yourself, and win?

Aegnor

I have a game this weekend against neverborn with the following strats/schemes:

Public execution - assassinate the leadership

show of force

undercover entourage

set up

public demonstration

The map is pretty dense (it's like a small forest). So while i was thinking about my list and game plan (which i already choose so i'm not asking advices for this game especially) i had one idea of an evil and kinda toxic gameplan that could work with the good schemes.

The idea would be to go score some schemes then kill my own crew to deny enough vp to my opponent in order to win. For example here, i take public demo and set up. Turn 1 or 2 i score my 6vp (need to find a way but it may be possible). then i sacrifice/kill everything i have so my opponent can't score public execution,set up and public demo anymore. If done well i lead 6-0 and my opponent can only go tie to 6 if he took show of force and undercover entourage or/and assassinate (maybe take and bury zipp to make assasinate only a 1vp scheme). I win on the spot if he took setup and/or public demo.

Now, i know this is very theoretical and so on. But do you know ways to score max vp from a scheme quickly and reliably? Do you know efficient ways to sacrifice/kill our models fast and easily? What scheme pools do you think of that could make this kind of strategy work.

GG2018 strat schemes often need interactions between crews so this could be a good year to try this. For example in public execution the opponent can't score if you only have peons or no models left. in Ply he can't score either if you re dead. Same you can deny points from some schemes by being dead already (vendetta if you die before the ennemy model first strike, setup, public demo, inescapable trap, ...).

Gremlins have ways to kill themselves very fast and while doing damages or other things and can also score some schemes easily. Here some thoughts in random order :

-pigapult with 3 5ss+ minions => 3vp public demo, need the minion to die then, how?

-big brain on bayou : 3+2ap to do schemes then die.

-big brain + pigapult : 24" place then one activation to do stuff

-way to die fast : drunk and reckless, pere, the suicide bombing upgrade (the 2ap thing), friendly pigs charging everything, mah melee boost, stuffed piglets.

-a way to outactivate opponent would be nice to do these things, stuffed piglets would have been nice before but now how to do it while been able to scheme and kill ourself? somer family tree?

Let me know what you think and your ideas on this unusual strategy. This can be pretty toxic and non entertaining but it's just theorycrafting so no one is harmed, for now....

If you are wanting to do public demo and set up at the same time you can take Brewmaster and hire 3 tanukis and the pigapult. Out activate your opponent and then fling 3 tanukis in range of your set up target. Each tanuki activiates and even though it is paralysed it can still take a nap to drop a scheme marker as it is an ability not an action. So at the end of turn 1 you are 6 VP up.

• Like 5

Tanukis are indeed really good for public demo + set up. the problem with them here is how to 'discard' them after use. i don't know brewmaster much but he doesn't seems to have a good way to sacrifice/kill his crew fast and for this plan you need to outactivate your opponent turn 1 which will cost lot of ss. brewie+running tab 1, pigapult 8, 3 tanukis 15 (24 total). so with full bayou it's 9 (8 bayous + brewie) before the pigapult and tanukis which may already not be enough. And then you have to kill/sacrifice the tanukis next turn. you also need brewie to die.

That tanuki plan. Pure evil! :D thr pigapult could cause massive damage to your own models and ther are som many triggers that hurt yourself or models with reckless that it should be doable to kill off your own models. You'll have some point where you are vulnerable to an enemy with some sort of control like nurses so it migvt not be a given.

Still don't think you're allowed to score vp turn 1.  I see self sacrifice to deny points as being much more of a bonus than a plan. I know it's theory, but I think everything you hire a bunch of things that wound themselves to avoid the enemy, the enemy is going to figure a way to score something before that happens.  Quick score is possible, like the tanuki play, but the denial is going to take better part of a round or two.

14 hours ago, PositronMike said:

You can score schemes turn one as long as they don't have a caveat like any turn after the first. Off the top if my head you can score set up, public demo, vendetta and dig their graves turn one. Can't remember any others at the moment. 

Assassinate the leadership also. You won't have the 3rd vp before the end of the game but still. Recover evidence is doable turn1, very very hard but on paper you can.

20 hours ago, Ludvig said:

That tanuki plan. Pure evil! :D thr pigapult could cause massive damage to your own models and ther are som many triggers that hurt yourself or models with reckless that it should be doable to kill off your own models. You'll have some point where you are vulnerable to an enemy with some sort of control like nurses so it migvt not be a given.

Yeah i love it too. Still figuring how to get maximum activations before launching the tanukis to be sure it will work.

In this specific pool however i don't think it will work. The problem being assassinate and undercover entourage. I can deny set up and public demo. Some list may not do/take show of force so this one is a fair risk. But my opponent can take the last 2 and score 6vp since i can't deny them. If i could take zipp with tanukis/pigapult then ok, i just have to bury zipp then kill the bayou and my opponnent can only score 1vp unless he can bury target model but it's very rare. Maybe one of you know a way to remove brewie from the table without giving the 3vp? 

• Like 2