Parker playable?

Seadhna

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:54 AM, Seadhna said:

Hannah copy Emissary's action to attach Monkey Paw to the Emissary itself for an emergency card draw mid-game.

The Conflux of Stolen Goods states that only when the Emissary attaches an upgrade can he himself draw cards so I believe that when Hannah copies the action, she is not able to draw cards from it.

8 hours ago, KingCrow said:

The Conflux of Stolen Goods states that only when the Emissary attaches an upgrade can he himself draw cards so I believe that when Hannah copies the action, she is not able to draw cards from it.

she can't, but the Emissary has Instinctual and can discard its own upgrades with It Was Only A Loan to draw a card.

Anyone tried the Bayou Smuggler with Parker? Ways to draw cards, gets enemy scheme markers and generate extra soulstones.  Also has a 3 inch engagement which is weird.  The Swap action just seems like a good way to get it out of a bad situation... or into even more trouble. 

I just stumbled upon him and it seems... interesting.  

Latest brew time!

50 SS Outcasts Crew
Parker Barrows + 4 Pool
 - Black Market (1)
 - Stick Up (1)
 - Oath Keeper (1)
Doc Mitchell (3)
Hannah (10)
Anna Lovelace (10)
 - I Pay Better (1)
Hodgepodge Emissary (10)
 - Conflux of Stolen Goods (0)
Freikorps Engineer (6)
Obedient Wretch (4)
Desperate Mercenary (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

it’s very stable and versatile, lots of incidental card draw, decent activation control with Wretch and Anna summons. 

Both sisters have Armor+2 from Engineer and Hannah copy, which brings your number of tanky models up to 3. 

I also see a decent exchange Wretch>Desperate Merc for scramble on Hannah if you need to do something in the enemy deployment zone. 

On 7/15/2018 at 7:15 AM, KingCrow said:

Anyone tried the Bayou Smuggler with Parker? Ways to draw cards, gets enemy scheme markers and generate extra soulstones.  Also has a 3 inch engagement which is weird.  The Swap action just seems like a good way to get it out of a bad situation... or into even more trouble. 

I just stumbled upon him and it seems... interesting.  

The card draw and SS generation seem okay, but I don’t see them being better than Engineers or Prospectors, especially with the merc tax

2 hours ago, Seadhna said:

Latest brew time!

50 SS Outcasts Crew
Parker Barrows + 4 Pool
 - Black Market (1)
 - Stick Up (1)
 - Oath Keeper (1)
Doc Mitchell (3)
Hannah (10)
Anna Lovelace (10)
 - I Pay Better (1)
Hodgepodge Emissary (10)
 - Conflux of Stolen Goods (0)
Freikorps Engineer (6)
Obedient Wretch (4)
Desperate Mercenary (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

it’s very stable and versatile, lots of incidental card draw, decent activation control with Wretch and Anna summons. 

Both sisters have Armor+2 from Engineer and Hannah copy, which brings your number of tanky models up to 3. 

I also see a decent exchange Wretch>Desperate Merc for scramble on Hannah if you need to do something in the enemy deployment zone. 

what is this crew's plan against yasunori/nekima beats lists?

38 minutes ago, MalifauxDave said:

what is this crew's plan against yasunori/nekima beats lists?

Armor 2 + prevention, can’t push or place, they’ll have a really hard time mowing through all that

both nekima and Yas will get positively rekt if they alpha this crew

Also, if you want, you could switch out Black Market for Survivalist.  I basically always bring it with Parker to ensure his survival and giving him HtK is a big deterrent to opponents alpha-striking him. Plus, when you discard Oath Keeper (which I usually do on the first turn) you can immediately equip Black Market. 

• Like 1

Parker is playable. Yesterday I played him in 2 of 3 rounds on tournament and win both games. The first was against von Schill (extraction, I take search the ruines and surround them, VS: search the ruines and hold up their forces) - result 9-5. The second was against Perdita (Ply for information, I take sucker (not scored =() and set up, Perdita take search the ruines and sucker) - result 4-3. Parker move his crew, may take 1-2 important shots with Empty Chamber and generate SS and cards. In non killy games I use him successuly, in killy games I prefer Leveticus, but Parker can play it too. Yesterday I take 2nd place, with 3 wins (1st place guy has bigger diff).

• Like 1

Played Parker yesterday, and saw his potential. It wasn't an optimised list, and I missed so many things, but I at least spotted I missed them. I was also against a relatively new player, so I could cover my mistakes with general experience.  Getting it all to work as a well oiled machine is probably  why he is one of the most complicated of M2 masters. 

So, I decided to try out some of the ideas in this thread this weekend.  I played a pair of games against my roommate- one against Nellie, and the second against Perdita.

l tried out Parker with Survivalist, Oathkeeper, Stick Up each game, and I tried out the Prospector.

I really liked this set up.  Stick up/ oathkeeper gave me easy sources of limited supplies, and I focused Parker’s AP on pushing my beaters into position.  High card cost aside, I really liked not worrying about spending an ap to discard one of my upgrades every turn.

I swapped to Highwayman each game, and I really appreciated the card cycling and (0).  I did miss the sheer volume of soulstones in the game, though.  My other upgrade swapped between stick up (for the walk ) and hidden steel plate (for tanking) and I felt this was fine.  I had plenty I could do with Parker without going for his various upgrades.

Survivalist was very much appreciated on Parker with Doc around.  In the Perdita game, Parker ate 2 activations of Frank (including a red joker damage flip), and one Perdita activation, before going down. 

Prospector was ok.  I got a few stones from him with panning for soulstone (after he had a pretty floral bonnet from emissary), but I didn’t but feel like I had the opportunity to use him for resources as often as I’d like.  I need more tabletime with him.

I tried Parker for the first time yesterday. First, he is really fun to play with. Getting all those soul stones, and the pushes may be expensive, but they let me get a great first turn strike with Mad Dog, move some ranged units out of engagement and Johan into engagement.

On the downside, he's really complicated and I had trouble keeping track of everything he could do (not to mention making good decisions), but hopefully that will come with experience.

The biggest problem was that I played against Zipp. His no zero actions without discarding was devastating and the first mate jumping around eating my scheme markers really messed me up too.

I'm pretty sure he's viable, but you have to know what you're doing better than me.

On last weekend I participate in Tirant Cup in Omsk. 2 days, 5 rounds, 20 members. 3 of 5 games I played Parker - 2 wins, 1 tie (I does very stupid things in that game). 2 of 5 games I take Leveticus - 1 win, 1 - fail (total disluck). Take 6 place. I win with Parker against top Russian Outcast (he take Tara). I'm not take 1 place only because I make some serious mistakes and two totaly failed activations in 5 round: Desolation Engine with + on hit and + on damage, 4 AP and two pulses doesn't kill Ama No Zako. And Leveticus with ++ on damage flip on melee attack, can't hit severe damage (no cards in hand). Parker is cool, if you can't win with him - it's just about your player's skill. Sorry for bad english.

• Like 4

I tried Parker in two games and so far I'm pretty satisfied with him. Won both of them, one against a pretty competitive Asami list (testing the new Katashiros... she can put a lot of pressure). I have the feeling that Parker is not that bad master as people think, but his main problem is that you have to play with a lot of choices in mind (his skills, starting upgrades and the ones you can switch to), and it is very easy to forget things at key moments.

I will definitely try him in the next tournament I assist in a couple weeks, and post here the results.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DonCheadle said:

@KID55

Would you share your wisdom with us?

I think Parker looks amazing, and very rewarding when mastered, but I have no idea where to start.

I use him in marker-heavy scheme-pool. My favorite models are wokou riders - they are mobile and resilent. Plus they have built-in Drop It! trigger. Main idea: Wokou Riders drop enemy markers in right places, than Parker convert it in friendly markers. You can take Aionus for more marker's tricks. Also, wokou riders can hit hard. They are can make Public Demonstration or Hold Up Their Forces too. For beater I take Mad Dog/Hannah/Sue/Johan/Alyce. Parker have a lot of SS and Dog, Hannah and Alyce would shine. Parker itself very mobile master and can do Undercover Enturage easy. I also take Hans in some rosters for vendetta, or he can shoot into engagement without randomize - Wokous go into engage, Hans make pew-pew-pew. Midnight Stalker for Covert Breakthrough or Surrond them.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DonCheadle said:

I always thought the Outcast Emissary was rather mediocre - what makes him so good for Parker? 

He provides 2-3 cards per activation as well as enemy scheme marker so Parker can discard it for either cards or soulstone (depends on his limited upgrade).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, DonCheadle said:

I always thought the Outcast Emissary was rather mediocre - what makes him so good for Parker? 

He's easily one of the top-3 emissaries

The Pretty Floral Bonnet alone is a great thing to have in interact-heavy pools

But if you can flip masks, his damage is very decent

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

So, had a game with Parker vs Ironsides (10-6 my favor) last night.  I'm working on writing up the game for the battle report section, but wanted to share the single best Mad Dog activation I've ever had.

Toni and the oxfordians had pulled Parker in.  Mad Dog has LoS to the  one unengaged mage, who is near the other two.

One Oathkeeper, rapid fire later, and Mad Dog had killed all three mages, dropped three markers to score full VP on Toni for set up, and draw three cards with Parker's aura.

Parker died top of next turn, but Mad Dog bought me a whole scheme and a three activation swing. A solid reminder of how much of a threat he can be .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DonCheadle said:

In addition for Seadha message, out Emissary can make a lot of scheme markers (2 per activation, and still have 1 AP), thanks for his (0). That very cool for some schemes.

• Like 1