Just picked up Jack Daw: What do I need and what is general list for him?

Davos

So I just picked up Jack Daw and am wondering what other models work with him and what general lists (35ss of always models) people take with him.   I own the VS, Levi, Tara, & Viks boxes, along with Hannah, Hans, Sue, Strongarm Suit, and few other enforcers.

Thanks y'all

My Jack Daw lists have changed a fair bit recently however three models who always hit the table for me are the Emissary, Sue and a Guilty. The Guilty will make Sue tormented giving him extra movement from Jack to help position him. The Emissary will give Sue the regen token so he can regen the hurt damage. Apart from these it depends an awful lot on strats and schemes as well as what I feel like taking.

Since the change to how bonus damage to triggers work I have not been using Jack as a beat stick and concentrating more on the control aspect as a result I quite often end up taking a couple of crossroads 7 models, usually Greed and Envy. Copying Greed's once per turn action with Jack is very nice and can also be fun to try with the Malifaux child although it is rather easy to dodge.

• Like 1

I think a pair of Dead Outlaws are usually slotted in "by default" for me, although my experience is very little playing Daw (or any Malifaux). Johan and a Nurse seemed like they used to be auto takes, maybe not so much with their price increase. I think with the -1 SS cost of the Guilty though, you're still only looking at a total increase of 1ss...

• Like 2