How’s Seamus these days?

Somnicide

Weakest resser master, and not very competitive.

Much more enjoyable to play with the new upgrades and recent errata. You aren’t really forced into being a 2 AP master any more and actually have options on actions to take, especially in attacks and in 0 actions that don’t require corpses. Which is much nicer, and less frustrating. So regardless of anything else it’s worth a few games just to get used to that

If you plan to be able to fully utilize all the options available with his A.K.A Sebastian Baker Upgrade you’ll want the Colette Box, Angelica, and Ice Dancers. You’d could also go for Carlos but without his personal upgrade I don’t think he’s very good value. So there is a good modeling opportunity for undead Showgirls.

Also Asura Rotten works well with him.

• Like 3

Hi all, today I tried Seamus for the first time.. And he was.. Surprisingly fine. He healed something like 10 or 12 wounds during the game and done quite a bit of damage between his gun and his infamy mechanic (two cheated Severes for Infamy and two flipped Severes for focused shots). 

The thing that surprised me somehow is how fast he can chew through the opponent's hand. Between him and his crew you can force a lot of simple high wp duels. 

I feel quite.. Optimistic about his competitiveness, at the moment. Need to try him more. 

For the moment I'll continue trying him with 'Sinister Reputation', 'Do you know who I am' and 'Corpse Bloat'. 

On 3/2/2018 at 12:52 AM, bimpi said:

And what did u have in your crew?

I tried to maximize wp duels (with what I have in my model pool actually), so I went with:

Seamus: SR, Do you.., CB. 4ss

Copycat killer

Asura roten

Dead rider: my little helper

The hanged

Rotten belle

Rotten belle

Crooligan

Surely not the best crew possible, but fine I think. When they'll arrive to me, I'll use Gassers (more wp duels)  and try a kentauroi (to place and hide Seamus) 

• Like 1

I’ll like to play “new” Seamus with 2  rogue necromancy using mlh on them. They have really good senergy with Seamus for his “Do u know who I am” and also bring a tons of dmg. 

If I expect heavy hitters I also take some skeletons for protection. 

So we can have enough protection and dmg, after killing smbody we can get some doxys/belles. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PirateCaptain said:

Yea, I've been playing more and more Seamus, he continues to surprise me in the new edition.  He can just keep going, and going.  

@Frollo the Wordbearer, why Corpse Bloat? Just curious

Probably to throw out a corpse and then blow it up, triggering a lot of WP duels - idealy in his -2WP aura.

1 hour ago, PirateCaptain said:

Yea, I've been playing more and more Seamus, he continues to surprise me in the new edition.  He can just keep going, and going.  

@Frollo the Wordbearer, why Corpse Bloat? Just curious

Exactly as daysleeper said. Its a great source of lots of WP duels for damage, and he can heal quite a bit (ought to be much more than he lost ripping out his own spleen) and its also useful if he really needs to escape.  

25 minutes ago, Frollo the Wordbearer said:

@PirateCaptain exactly as they say. The only difference is that Asura should give enough corpses to feed Corpse bloat without ripping Seamus' spleen.

It's a great way to force high Wp duels and heal Seamus in his own activation. 

Wow. 5 Damage on what is probably going to start out effectively as TN15 and may go as high as TN18 (counting - to Wp as a + to TN). 

48 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Wow. 5 Damage on what is probably going to start out effectively as TN15 and may go as high as TN18 (counting - to Wp as a + to TN). 

I suppose you mean to use the Infamy condition to increase the TN of Corpse bloat.. If this is the case I fear you will be disappointed, as Infamy only increases Horror Duels. 

It's still a 15 Wp AoE, that's quite good with the Horrors forced by the "Boo" action

4 minutes ago, Frollo the Wordbearer said:

I suppose you mean to use the Infamy condition to increase the TN of Corpse bloat.. If this is the case I fear you will be disappointed, as Infamy only increases Horror Duels. 

It's still a 15 Wp AoE, that's quite good with the Horrors forced by the "Boo" action

Seeing as I play against Seamus I wouldn't exactly say I'm disappointed :).

• Haha 2

I’ve only played Seamus twice now, so I’m definitely not the authority on him. However both of those games were very enjoyable.

I’ve been using The Valedictorian as a dive buddy with Seamus. Valedictorian takes Decaying Aura and Necrotic Prep to make her a royal pain in the rear. With her 3” engage range, all her defensive abilities, and Seamus’s WP reduction aura the pair become incredibly hard to deal with. 

I dove into my opponent’s Mei Feng list on Turn 2, my two models vs Mei, Toshiro, Oiran, a couple of the Lion things in 10T, Chiaki. The Valedictorian finally died late turn 4. She only died because Mei RJed her kick damage flip. 

Every turn at least 3 models were paralyzed because he would use his cards to try to remove Valedictorian and then the horror duels began. It’s a solid way to lock down your opponent I’ve found, but it’s an imperfect strategy. I’ll be testing it more and see how it goes... 

Yeah that would have been a solid pick up - I’m a little surprised myself really! But you’re right, Valedictorian with ram trigger to get ++ makes it possible to get a cheated severe for 6 on Kang fairly easily. And no stones...

Also for the time being I’ve been bringing Carrion Effigy as insurance, 1 action to remove horror duel immunity within 5”. It’s not perfect and isn’t everywhere but it could help vs Kang while he’s alive. 

I think I’ll nearly always bring Decaying on someone, but I tend to play aggressively (hence my only Ressers masters being Reva/Seamus). Being able to cancel stones is good enough, denying healing is situationally amazing.

There are a lot of Resser players that don’t like Seamus, but I always have a good time playing him. Depending on what I think I am playing I take SR, DYKWIA, and then either the Hat or I save the points. 

With him I usually take the CCK, Datsue (Seishin shield tricks), another beater (Izamu), then fill it out with willpower duels (Jaakuna, Belles, Hanged), and some additional beaters. 

Generally I think he does pretty good in GG2018; he may not be the best we have to offer but  in most of the strategies I feel pretty good. In Ply you can drag models around, make them slow/paralyze so you can more safely ply, and with WP attacks and his de-buff you can get the severes to take ply off them If you need to. 

In Ours the Belles can drag things out of quarters to let you control and score. Seamus and your damage dealers are all maneuverable enough to snipe out targets to give you the advantage. 

In Symbols while he can’t interact after Back Alley it still gives him great positioning early to allow him to kill key models. You can drag them away from the markers and play in between with Seamus and Izamu to control large sections of the board. 

Public executions is great for him. You have some good beaters to get the kills and either the Belles drag their stuff in to die or yours back once it has the condition to prevent retailiation. 

Supply Wagons is my (and everyone’s) least favorite but with Izamu, Jaakuna, and  Yin and movement tricks from Datsue/Admiration you can blitz the wagon across really quick and then shift to the schemes/killing. 

Overall I like him in GG2018 and he is one of my go to Masters.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think he is the most buffed master from all the Ressers. Wyrd definitely listen the community, I liked him very much, always had fun, but now im really impressed. Yesterday I played against my GF with Molly. Used very simple and thematic list with him:

50 SS Resurrectionists Crew

Seamus + 3 Pool
 - Sinister Reputation (1)
 - Aka Sebastian Baker (1)
 - Do You Know Who I Am? (1)

Copycat Killer

Madame Sybelle
  - Bleeding Tongue (1)

- Admiration (1)

Rogue Necromancy
- Necrotic Preparation (1)

Yin The Penangalan
- My Little Helper (1)

The Hanged 

Rotten Belle

Strat: Public Executions, definitely not best for Molly.
Took Dig their graves, new Seamus zero actions are amazing, throwing markers around really helps
& Show of Force, mainly for Yin, but a lot of upgrades anyway.

First two turns Seamus was at the right side of the table, turn 3 I moved him almost at the center of the board, where his sinister aura really started to shine. And then Molly rage quit lol. All the synergy worked at once - Yin's double Fear over Molly and Lovelace, bonus hit from the Rogue, Hanged from behind casting his whispers, fully healed Seamus... She managed to kill Sybelle with RJ and the belle with Punk Z. before that, but then her crew was almost devastated. She was unlucky with the cards too, and with all that debuffed wp and a lot of terrifying on my models just resigned...
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2018 at 1:31 PM, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

that's what you get if you don't bring Kang into Ressers. Kang makes Sinister/DYKWIA Seamus very sad. I often don't use Decaying Aura outside Reva's crew, but in Seamus vs TT matchup it seems to be the right choice, in case they will bring Kang. Without Soulstones he's not that hard to put down.

I will second this. Played against Kang for the first time last night with Seamus DYKWIA/Sinister and he wrecked my day. Without soulstones he wouldn't of survived long but I ended up not being able to put him down