How do Neverborn deal with Zipp?

Math Mathonwy

20 hours ago, Tors said:

Changelings kill Zipp quickly. No reduction = no stilts. Ca4 vs his ht and you can place him (in Emissary Terrain for example). 

I agree that Changelings can be very useful against Zipp, even if it's only as a defensive Pounce-like guardian.

However, Stilts prevents damage completely and is therefore not 'reduction'.

28 minutes ago, Haagrum said:

I agree that Changelings can be very useful against Zipp, even if it's only as a defensive Pounce-like guardian.

However, Stilts prevents damage completely and is therefore not 'reduction'.

Thats wrong. Stilts 'reduce' damage to Zero, they don't 'prevent'. I just checked again with the App.

And you don't have to sit and wait. Walk, blink and hit him. Place him in range for the next changeling and repeat. Only SS prevention safes him and the placement from his own attack is triggerd after succeding. Obey/push/fast/lure the first changeling to add range. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tors said:

Thats wrong. Stilts 'reduce' damage to Zero, they don't 'prevent'. I just checked again with the App.

And you don't have to sit and wait. Walk, blink and hit him. Place him in range for the next changeling and repeat. Only SS prevention safes him and the placement from his own attack is triggerd after succeding. Obey/push/fast/lure the first changeling to add range. 

I stand corrected (the joy of working from memory).

To clarify - if there's a Changeling near Zipp's target, it can discourage Zipp from even approaching. That can be almost as good as actually getting to attack him. If they hold off on Zipp's activation because of it, you can probably punish them for it.

• Like 1

my answer (as someone who piloted zipp as single master to 3rd at the UK nationals the other year, and as a neverborn player of similar levels of success) is this:

don't go after zipp - go after his hand instead.

zipp is VERY suit/card/stone reliant to get his stuff done.  He may be fast, but he certainly cannot be everywhere at once.  GG18 requires constant scoring which requires models to be active and doing things.  Shredding his hand and his crew will leave him unable to score VP or operate at anywhere near maximum potential.

luckily, this is something that neverborn do rather well.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Joel said:

my answer (as someone who piloted zipp as single master to 3rd at the UK nationals the other year, and as a neverborn player of similar levels of success) is this:

don't go after zipp - go after his hand instead.

zipp is VERY suit/card/stone reliant to get his stuff done.  He may be fast, but he certainly cannot be everywhere at once.  GG18 requires constant scoring which requires models to be active and doing things.  Shredding his hand and his crew will leave him unable to score VP or operate at anywhere near maximum potential.

luckily, this is something that neverborn do rather well.

Funnily enough I do the exact opposite style, but for the same reasons haha

Zipp only has so many cards/stones to protect him. Mostly he will take down one or two models with him, but if you hit Zipp at every available opportunity he only has so many cards and stones to burn to defend duels, get his defensive trigger and prevent damage whilst also being aggressive. And a Zipp with 6 wounds and no stones will be a lot more hesitant coming in, and a lot less effective, than one with full wounds and a plethora of resources.

I was lucky enough to drop a Zipp first activation of the game last tournament rd3 with Perdita. He is definitely killable ( though its definitely not easy), you've just got to force those resources out of him.