Franchute

On 1/2/2018 at 10:55 AM, Chou said:

* Big Jake: 5 SS

* Three Hollow Waives, 15SS in total. 

* The Midnight Stalker: 8 SS 

* Hodgepodge effigy: 4 SS

* Ronin: 6 SS

* Scion of the void: 8 SS

Hi there! Pics are coming tonight, but I managed to complete my pledge plus two models, the undervalued ultra cool looking convict gunslingers.

• Like 2

Caedrus completes February with 10SS.

Good evening all,

Well, a busy time in the shortest month means not a lot of painting. I have completed the Steam Trunk and a Freikorps Librarian. Images will be uploaded shortly. Best of luck to all in the finishing moments of the month!

Caedrus.

Next Month: Ressers!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scatterbrain said:

@H4ml3t Wow, that green slime effect on the bases is amazing!

Thanks! The effect is pretty easy to get. Green/yellow/brown paint on the base--don't mix it smoothly as the next step looks better with the sharper contrasts. Then get your junk brush and "paint" Loctite Go2 glue over the area. It's a thick craft glue that dries crystal clear.

The mud is Citadel Armageddon Dunes. I realize I could mix my own textured paint but sometimes I pay for convenience.

Hi,

monthly tally for February for Rikk

Total 26 ss

wong 15 ss

wild boar 5 ss

Raphael 6 ss

Fair bit more very far into WIP so good head start for March

pics likely tomorrow as sooo busy at work (hospital) and wife now oncall tonight so have kids dinner, bath, story, bed etc to do

So two months in and five models built and painted - think that is some kind of record for me...it's really great watching everybody's models coming together and really is a great motivator....am already looking forward to March !

@Franchute The osl ,color contrast and glow from the lantern is very nice on your Brutal Effigy

@Piccio the brushwork on your terracotta warriors is truly next level as in "wow !"

@H4ml3tyou nailed it - every painted model is like a thousand times better than grey plastic...no matter what level of painter you are it makes every model individual because forgetting techniques or brushwork no two people will ever pick exactly the same colors or tones so it makes it a pleasure to see different takes on sculpts...I like how you made your Barbaros

@Phinn Very slick paint on your Stitched Together...especially like the branding on the sack 

@PetitDalek Nice vibrant palette on Rasputina gives the sculpt some life plus great work on your terrain 

See you all next month

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@Phinn this stitched together is amazing! How did you do the stamp? Is it free hand?

@PetitDalek Happy birthday! Great work on your minis too. I love the work you did with the blue on Raspi. The piece of terrain is 5ss if it is larger than a 50mm base, so I count your work as 25ss for this month.

@Burnin' Coal I already told you your work is disgustingly great :) Please stop painting like this, otherwise we may all drop out. :D Just kidding: please stay with us until the end this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@Franchute, it's mulligan time. I ran into... problems... with the Blood Bowl dwarf team commish and had to set aside personal painting. Oh, and other stuff came up too. Life is like that.

They're this close to done and yet, I can't claim they're done so I guess I'll finish them up this weekend and claim 'em for March instead. *sigh*

8 hours ago, Burnin' Coal said:

First of my two pledges for this month...so...while the last touches go onto Patti Ramone here for 8SS is Mr Graves

large.IMG_5971.jpg.3fd38586b99bef8146bfd61f2db0b61e.jpg

Great work. I love how the base is the show him the door action! The trousers and vest freehand is great too. It inspires me to try some plaid on the pants of one of my gremlin pirates. :-)

• Like 2