• Drowned (6ss)
  • Nurse (6ss)
  • Mindless zombie (2ss)
  • 4 Night terrors (12ss)
  • Papa Loco (7ss)
  • Rail Golem (11ss)
  • Dr Alexei Sokolov (10ss)

For a total of 54ss.

This is the last of my in-progress pile, I promise my fellow pledgers that I will be starting brand new models from next month, many thanks for letting me sneak these through! :)

IMG_20180201_214540.jpg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, wizuriel said:

slight change of plans. Need to also finish some Survivors for an upcoming tournament Sat

y4mHxgGD6IynHReKrH8EEuHRk1ZYBZ32DWWJlh57

y4mRnuTh9GnCWvNHFCwajiehvY_DCRttjO5Toy4O

What is this painting technique? Autopaint? You lay the models on the paint stained cloth - and the color moves onto the models?!

:D

• Like 2

On 2/1/2018 at 5:40 AM, Kimberly said:

Some of these will be painted in February. Maybe not all of them, but at least 11ss will.

Working on my first commission job ever!

Congrats on the commission work. How are you finding that primer, I have been thinking of picking some up instead of my Vallejo surface primer.

4 hours ago, Stonewall78 said:

Congrats on the commission work. How are you finding that primer, I have been thinking of picking some up instead of my Vallejo surface primer.

Thanks! I've liked the Stynlrez so far. As a newbie with an airbrush, it was super easy to work with, goes on super smooth, and hasn't given me any adherence problems.

11 hours ago, Kimberly said:

Thanks! I've liked the Stynlrez so far. As a newbie with an airbrush, it was super easy to work with, goes on super smooth, and hasn't given me any adherence problems.

Did you experiment with Stynlrez over resin models yet?

I tried different airbrush primers over resin experimenting adherence problems.

3 hours ago, Purple Mist said:

Did you experiment with Stynlrez over resin models yet?

I tried different airbrush primers over resin experimenting adherence problems.

The Rasputina and Killer Tree in the picture I posted are both resin. I'm currently painting Raspy, and I haven't had any trouble with the primer sticking at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Kimberly said:

Making progress on Raspy!

20180209_003656.jpg

Aha, i see you also make use of the good ol' "Thumb-palette" :). It is a classic and everyone can tell when i was busy again painting things :).

Also got this raspy in my "shelf of shame" with other models i should paint :-/. A beautiful model and i like to see your approach on it :).

• Haha 1

I'm planning to finish the hooded rider this weekend as I'm using him in a tournament this sunday. I'm pretty busy on saturday so I basically have friday night and saturday morning.

I've been giving the color scheme a lot of thought and I've been struggling a bit. I'll go through my thought process and post some WIP so hopefully you guys can give me some feedback.

I wanted to use turquoise and purple as these are my accent colors for neverborn. So I wanted to have this constrast of dark colors and bright colors. I also wanted to paint the snakes on the horse similarly to the vines I used on the bases of my fae. To bring all of these colors together I didn't really feel like anything would work on the horse but browns and green/browns. So in the end the mount turned out te be really dark, which I think fits the model, and the bright colors on the riders cap really makes him pop. I still have to finish the skulls on his saddle and the wings, for the wing membrane I'm thinking of going for a mix of the brown from the skin, dwarf skin and white, this is the same mix I used for my fae skin, which is like a very pale greyish skintone.This will also add some more contrast to the horse.

The saddle right now is very bland, mainly time constraints. I'm planning on just getting the rider tabletop ready and this is a model I'm probably going to revisit in about 6 months and finish the details. I think this is one that I will take a break from and come back to.

Thoughts?

Picture quality isn't great as i didn't have the time to take a picture during the day but it gives an idea of the colors.

large.IMG_20180207_212346.jpg.83f2c0bc02ab9e8d8383bea1d901c481.jpglarge.IMG_20180207_212357.jpg.a0c48dce9b9d1c7a6292cfeedf96c243.jpg

• Like 5

Whew. Decided to take a break after doing a lot of commission work these last two weeks (Bretonnian Knights - boring! Plaguemarine terminators with scythes - almost interesting! Blood bowl orcs - looking forward to crushing them with my goblins!) and paint some stuff for me - namely, the Dreamer and Lord Chompy Bits for 28ss this month.

5a7fa6d203bb8_18febpaintingcontest1.jpg.a5f2d6bf09c1aca2899b75b5c76942ce.jpg

LCB's wip pic did not turn out well (and who the hell thought it was a good idea to SCULPT THE BOTTOMS OF FEET THAT NEED TO BE FLUSH AGAINST A BASE?) but the Dreamer's did just fine.
5a7fa71b42130_18febpaintingcontest2.jpg.b1aec5797eed5e9f912d677a958379f1.jpg
He's blonde, but it's so ash-blonde that it doesn't photograph well outside a lightbox.

• Like 2

@Joachim a most excellent result...the extra details and wing colors really work great

@Viruk great to see the rarest Hannah actually made up...and with a paint scheme that does the model justice - look forward to seeing it finished

@Kimberly nice work on Rasputina...not wanting to start an argument and only my opinion but stripey stockings Raspy is way better than the "I am an ice Queen but look freezing cold" sculpt that replaced it and seeing your model makes me want to pick up that set when it next goes on sale...look forward to seeing your whole crew

For myself I have assembled and primed Patti Ramone then drawn breath as that translucent plastic is so brittle and absolutely horrible to work with that I needed a day or two off...but Mr Graves is progressing well - should have a WIP up in a few days time

Great work everyone - love this challenge !

• Like 1