Monthly painting challenge - February

Franchute

3 hours ago, Franchute said:

@Phinn this stitched together is amazing! How did you do the stamp? Is it free hand?

Thank you and yes, it is :)
I used the colour that the burlap sack was painted with and added a little bit of blue and diluted it slightly more than normaly - same technique that I used for the tattoo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phinn said:

Thank you and yes, it is :)
I used the colour that the burlap sack was painted with and added a little bit of blue and diluted it slightly more than normaly - same technique that I used for the tattoo.

I am not a fan of these sculpts, but you made them interesting with tartan and the belly stamp. Really great job, if I ever get them, I'll try to do something similar.

@PetitDalek, thank you :)

I really enjoyed painting the tartan and I am quite satisfied with the result and would like to use it, or a similar one, on the remaining Stitched Togethers or even on Zoraida's skirt.

This is the tutorial that I followed step by step when I was painting it: [Tutorial] - How to paint Tartan! (good for #Warhammer heroes)
Kujo Painting has a lot of great tutorials, some of them even use Malifaux miniatures :)

• Like 2

I never got to have a final push for finishing my Ice Dancers, unfortunately. They're so close!! I did finish three Death Marshalls that I started back in December, but I dont think that they would count. But thats okay, Ill take my mulligan. There was some really awesome stuff posted this month from everybody, I am really happy to be painting amongst you all! 

Sorry for the delayed post, and the slapdash photo. I've been prepping for a move, which has me losing track of the days.

Anyway, this month I finished both my Cerberus cats and added to the general DC comic theme of my Arcanists by painting Myranda as Miss Martian (head swap is from Kingdom Death in case anyone is wondering).

All told, 26ss.

large.20180301_061116.jpg.f9be526500f56b246980e2b5f96944a7.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Burnin' Coal said:

@Chou very nice work...really like your brushwork and basing especially on the convict gunslingers....plus you made me want to buy The Midnight Stalker 

Thank you very much! I really enjoyed painting him, and also playing him so go for it!

1 hour ago, mrcoblin said:

I never got to have a final push for finishing my Ice Dancers, unfortunately. They're so close!! I did finish three Death Marshalls that I started back in December, but I dont think that they would count. But thats okay, Ill take my mulligan. There was some really awesome stuff posted this month from everybody, I am really happy to be painting amongst you all! 

The Death Marshalls would count. Please post pictures! :)

18ss right?

@tjgreenway any news?

18 hours ago, Burnin' Coal said:

First of my two pledges for this month...so...while the last touches go onto Patti Ramone here for 8SS is Mr Graves

large.IMG_5971.jpg.3fd38586b99bef8146bfd61f2db0b61e.jpg

That base! I've only just noticed the hand :D I really like your style, it looks like watercolours. I'd like to learn to paint like ths one day.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Franchute said:

The Death Marshalls would count. Please post pictures! :)

18ss right?

Awesome!! Yeah, that would be 18ss. I'll post some pictures when I get home from work later 

*edit* here are my photos! 
 0301181706.jpg0301181700.jpg0301181701.jpg0301181705a.jpg

Edited by mrcoblin
  • Like 7

Here’s my photos for Feb completed work, will also post my stuff to do for March in March post now I’ve got light and a camera phone to hand.

lighting and camera not the best, I’m happy with results even though pics are not the best.

Have already submitted point cost that is on the spreadsheet so I’ll not put here to save confusion.

D837C915-2EE3-49DA-A0A3-B2A241359453.jpeg

A67FD9BE-9A41-419F-BB38-DA45631DEEF0.jpeg

• Like 5