Monthly painting challenge - February

Franchute

Done (Freikorps Trapper: 7 ss). Not much to say about this one, IMO the freikorps are very simple paintingwise. Though doing tiny details like the shine on his lenses is fun, as it instantly makes it look much better.

February_Finished.jpg

Unfortunately I have to extend the disclaimer from last month, the camera eats a lot of colour from the model. I might try to borrow a better one next weekend and snap some pictures that do the models more justice.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Amdor said:

Done (Freikorps Trapper: 7 ss). Not much to say about this one, IMO the freikorps are very simple paintingwise. Though doing tiny details like the shine on his lenses is fun, as it instantly makes it look much better.

February_Finished.jpg

Unfortunately I have to extend the disclaimer from last month, the camera eats a lot of colour from the model. I might try to borrow a better one next weekend and snap some pictures that do the models more justice.

Nice paintjob, colors fit the model perfectly. I have the same issue taking pictures so i do it under natural daylight.

• Thanks 1

Firstly, thank you Joachim and Franchute

@Joachim I try to get as much natural light for the pictures as I can, but there's a tiny problem. It's winter and I live in the north, so the brightest time of day lasts about three hours and even then most days it's not very bright out.

@Franchute I do that already, my current setup is a brighter flashlight reflected off some drawing paper to disperse the light. Not too great but it's the best I've got. I'd use my work light but it's quite warm, so would require a great deal of tweaking in post to get the colours right.

6 hours ago, Amdor said:

Firstly, thank you Joachim and Franchute

@Joachim I try to get as much natural light for the pictures as I can, but there's a tiny problem. It's winter and I live in the north, so the brightest time of day lasts about three hours and even then most days it's not very bright out.

@Franchute

I understand. Though its not as extreme here in belgium, its dark when i leave for work and when i get back in the winter, so i take my pictures in the weekend. A very good light source should also do thr trick indoors.

• Like 1

Suddenly, I looked up and realized the month was half gone!

So, what's currently on my paint tray is Marcus' box plus an extra cerberus, the remainder of Winter Wonderland (forgot to picture gamin snowmen, but I won't be getting to them), some tanuki to finish up, a freikorpsman converted to a trapper, Big Jake, Hans, 2 desperate mercs, Johanna, the Hodgepodge Effigy, a Thalarian Queller, and a Goryo. And a partridge in a pear tree.

I won't get to even most of them, but I don't yet know my plan of attack, so we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, also posting a pic or two of what's distracted me the first half of the month: finally focusing on painting Leman Russ! Still a WIP, and I don't actively play 40k any more, but he's going to look fantastic on display with the few squads I kept for sentimentality, and I thought you all would appreciate him.

large.20180212_171301.jpg.9ba6e136cd495b36907d7a46996e4276.jpglarge.20180212_171333.jpg.da9ca8f320ab1dc35ac20fdc1c01e807.jpglarge.20180212_171346.jpg.a31291f6db7b09560272fcd0cd8a2f4e.jpg

• Like 3

I've been more quiet than usual but I have gotten some painting in. I purposely went "Wyrd" with my painting on these and I think I like the results. 3x Sorrows for 15ss so far this month. The Poltergeist is in the  middle of getting the same treatment.

You could criticize my work, but you'd be Sorry! That was a Miserable pun! 😜

IMG_20180212_163703435.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Here is the photo of Raspy and Kaeris from me deciding what to paint instead of the roofs of my terrain. I chooseKaeris and a couple of Union Miners to paint in the end. This post is the before then I'll log in on my phone and post the outcome. Rest of the month is going into getting some of Raspys crew ready for painting.

image.jpeg