Hunting Down Nicodem

H4ml3t

7 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Most schemes score incrementally now so it's pretty much impossible to just put in 5 or 6VP turn 2 and keep a lead like you used to be able to do. These days you need to keep models for scoring turns 2 to 4 in most pools. That basically leaves kill Nico turn 1, maybe turn 2 or you have lost the game. I may be slightly exaggerating but not too much I think.

Yeah I haven't played any GG18 yet but I can see how that would be a completely different story. I think you're right about that.
At least Nico is less effective in some GG18 stuff. Ours and Ply just off the top of my head. Shed blood can also be problematic with the low wd count. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vorschlag said:

2 wicked dolls from the scrap -means weaver is doing nothing but summon and fgf aura, may need to burn occassionally.

2 vodoo dolls one from zoraida one from a wisp - they sponge an activation and die.

1 gupp summoned by a second wisp aslong as you have the card for it.

Requires spawn mother, ideally 3 wisps, weaver and fill your boots depending on build.

Okay, I see, you are counting the dead Voodoo Dolls.

Still worth mentioniung that Ever Changing Form is a 1/turn. So you cannot use it for both the Gupps and the Wicked Dolls. If you are instant deleting Voodoo Dolls for scrap and Weaver, there is a negative synergy with the Spawn Mother.

I'd argue that titania is the best pick against ressers in general.

Royal indignation means you can tank all the minions summoned. Audience lets you pull their key pieces to you so you can kill them.

Pact lets her kill most ressers masters if she can reach them. No healing shuts down a lot of ressers abilities. 

Aeslin shuts down a summoning master if you can get her within 6".

Her emissary means you can maintain activation parity, to a degree, and can also cause a lot of damage thanks to trigger.

Adittionally the pounce combo can usually kill any ressers model, as they typically have mediocre def, so you hit them every time.

6 minutes ago, Angelshard said:

I'd argue that titania is the best pick against ressers in general.

Royal indignation means you can tank all the minions summoned. Audience lets you pull their key pieces to you so you can kill them.

Pact lets her kill most ressers masters if she can reach them. No healing shuts down a lot of ressers abilities. 

Aeslin shuts down a summoning master if you can get her within 6".

Her emissary means you can maintain activation parity, to a degree, and can also cause a lot of damage thanks to trigger.

Adittionally the pounce combo can usually kill any ressers model, as they typically have mediocre def, so you hit them every time.

I played titania into nico once in a tournament.

I played royal indignation, audience and behold my glory.

I also hired Aeslin for the anti-lure + anti-casting depending on what I need.

I tied the game cause of time constraints but with a bit more vp focus I should have won the game.

Royal indignation indeed did the most work. A hanged did 6 damage on her, which she reduced to 1 damage cause she flipped a severe on prevention. And even if she takes some considerable damage, marker drops heal her right back up. I also engaged 2 punk zombies with her, who could hardly do anything against her since she completely ignores their weak damage and is impossible to wound.

Aeslin got into nico's face, but at that stage all of his resources were drained.

I got an early lead cause of setup on the valedictorian, Ca6 audience vs wp5 opponent is pretty easy to ensure. And dropping markers with a titania crew is no issue whatsoever.

I'm not saying she is a hard counter, but with royal indignation she is a solid pick into a summoner just because of her tankyness.

50 minutes ago, anencephalous said:

Still worth mentioniung that Ever Changing Form is a 1/turn. So you cannot use it for both the Gupps and the Wicked Dolls. If you are instant deleting Voodoo Dolls for scrap and Weaver, there is a negative synergy with the Spawn Mother.

That's why there are (at least) two wisps. One to summon the doll, one to summon the gupp. And why wouldn't the dolls be counted for activations? They're coming back each turn, and activate as they die.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

That's why there are (at least) two wisps. One to summon the doll, one to summon the gupp. And why wouldn't the dolls be counted for activations? They're coming back each turn, and activate as they die.

Doesn't "Changing Form" have the restriction "only once per turn", though?

1 hour ago, santaclaws01 said:

Yes. That means that the single model can only take it one per turn. Each other model can all take it once per turn as well.

Thanks, that stuff is hard to find out unless someone tells you. It sure seemed like "only once per turn" meant just that, instead of "This model my only perform it once per turn".

1 minute ago, Argelius said:

Thanks, that stuff is hard to find out unless someone tells you. It sure seemed like "only once per turn" meant just that, instead of "This model my only perform it once per turn".

It's one of the affectionately named "callout boxes" in the rulebook. It is easy to miss those if you're skimming but they usually contain crucial information, not redundant examples or clarifications. :) It's somewhere in the section about how you take actions.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, anencephalous said:

Yes re dolls see above, activate and die after heming during summons, use obey if required to recast hem activate and die to fgf..(ie sponge an activation and ideally cause six damage plus scrap marker.)

For dolls if numbers are needed or save for teddy turn 2.

Not really understanding what you want the spawn mother to do with scrap.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Argelius said:

Just so you can find it yourself, and tell your friends if they question it...

Once Per Turn Actions
Some Actions note that they can only be taken “once per Turn.” This
only refers to the individual model. Although the model may only take
the Action once per Turn, other models may still take the Action.

Page 37 of the rules manual

• Like 2