Sammy

+encouragement

Lenny

+I'll Love it and Pet it

Merris LaCroix

Slop Hauler

2x Survivor

Pigapult.

Was a corner ours game (2pts me, 1pts opp) 

Guarded Treasure (2pts)

Dig Their Graves (2pts opp)

Setup (3pts me)

Show of Force

Take Prisoner (0 pts opp)

Was against a Dreamer Crew

Pretty much the first 2 turns Lenny spent summoning piglets which I used to snipe models from my opponents crew. He then stayed back and just protected my deployment zone quarter. 

Merris, Sammy and Somer went 1 corner (Merris stayed there for sheming purpose) while Sammy and Somer went into my opponents deployment zone murdering things. Somer would usually do it like dis for :ram, try to bigger hat dreamer and then just blow up a few models with some encouragement from Sammy. 

Slop hauler and survivors took another quarter and held it pretty well until the slop hauler got lured away and Nekima slaughtered her (but then pigs fell and Nekima died)

• Like 2

The last game i played this weekend was :

somer + family tree 2

skeeter 2

2*taxidermist 14

banjonista 5

pigapult 8

big brain 7

4*bayou gremlins 12

my opponent : vonschill (shirt,nythera aftermath, oath of the freikorps)

hannah (i pay better)

lazarus

2 freikorps librarian

2 freikorps engineer

The game was symbols in standart deployment. (4-2 for me)

schemes :

punish the weak (3 for my opponent)

dig their graves

take one for the team (3 for me on a bayou)

inescapable trap

take prisonner (3-3, me on vonschill and my opponent on pigapult)

turn 1 i reckless a bayou then 3times git your bro to draw tons of card and make corpse marker, turning them into stuffed piglet for the pigapult. drop schemes with bayous and send one with reactivate (big brain) to the very far symbol (very very far, obvious my opponent would never bother to deny me it). Opponent gave oathkeeper around and went forward to rush me. He managed to get one hannah grenadelauncher (hannah/laza copy trick) for 3 on somer. But he everexpanded the librarians and the pigapult killed one on the spot. one of my taxidermist was able to charge hannah thanks to outactivation but more for the inconvenience (armor3 no +damage so...).

turn 2 somer did the same, bayou/big brain also. my opponent charged hannah to attack my taxi, placed him behind to finish him with sh but failed. my taxi now behind was then able to go kill the second librarian (already damaged by pigapult). he was finished off by engineers btw.

my second taxi went to block lazarus in melee (no way to kill it with armor +9564 and heal so)

I launched another bayou to score a symbol (the first launched just touching himself waiting his turn to take the symbol, but there were no reason to rush it if i can get another more difficult one the same turn).

turn 3-4 was me trying to block VS crew (vs hannah laza mainly) the more i can and sending other bayou for symbols. launching the ffm one turn 4 after he reckless in melee to force my opponent to kill it if he wants to score symbols so easy 3pts scored.

My main problem was that my crew died very quickly and i had to run away with a 1hp somer and a surviving bayou. Hopefully i had still enough activations with stuffed/flying piglets bayou pigapult skeeter to bring back somer in melee with VS at the end of turn 5 to score prisonner.

I blocked vs crew enough in mid game that i had still 1 symbol left which made me win the game.

So a final 10-8 but very very close. I finished the game with no soulstone, somer 1hp, a bayou 2hp and a pigapult in melee with no ammo (only alive because of take prisonner). A turn 6 and it was 300% lost 6-9. Pretty happy that my game plan worked at least. It was also my first try with somer and family tree + banjo is very fun (i play lynch in nvb and i love criers), didn't use his gun at all though. To be fair i decided pretty early that killing laza vs or hannah would be very difficult and put more ressources to annoy and deny strat/scheme.

Simple question for you greeskin btw, is there another way to get corpse marker in gremlins? the main reason i took somer here was outactivating and free pigapult ammo with taxis but its very gimmick.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Aegnor said:

Simple question for you greeskin btw, is there another way to get corpse marker in gremlins? the main reason i took somer here was outactivating and free pigapult ammo with taxis but its very gimmick.

Akaname. They need Poison+2 and a 5:mask. They have a (0) that removes their poison and drops a scheme marker, plus a mask trigger that drops a corpse instead. I've seen a neat trick with Brewmaster where you stall with Stuffed Piglets (this was when they cost 2ss tho, now you would probably do it with Bayou Gremlins), and they just do Brewie's Open Bar heal and gain poison action. The Akaname activate and take the poison+2 off the stalling models, walk forwards and (0) to drop a corpse, then Taxidermists summon off em.

My last game over the weekend:

My List:

Mah Tucket + 6SS  (Know the Terrain, Manifest Destiny, Dirty Cheater)

The Little Lass (Lead Lined Apron)

Mancha Roja (Dirty Cheater)

Trixibelle (A Gun for the Lady)

Gremlin Crier (Hide in the Mud)

Bayou Bushwhacker

Bayou Bushwhacker

Survivor

The game was

Standard Deployment

Symbols of Authority (2 each)

Punish the Weak (2 each)

Covert Breakthrough (3 for me)

Set up

Show of Force (2 for op)

Public Demonstration

Ended up being a pretty close game.  I'm still working on getting the most out of the crier other then standing around making the bushwhackers eat less cards, but his Ml attack vs WP turned out to be very useful.  As is normal for games against Reva, she was out trying to rip up models pretty much immediately, but between Mah's whacky charge paths and Mancha's great charge distance (thanks to Mah prepping him turn 1) I managed to grapple Reva to death at the top of turn 3 (Nothing like Ml 8 with +flips to cover for a crapish hand) then had Mah scoot off to go score breakthrough and Symbols points.  Anna does cut into her game quite a bit and I my opponent worked very hard to stop me from getting to her.

So I played two 35SS games with Ophelia last week and I basically just took the whole Kin-Crew and tried the new Upgrades:

Ophelia

3 Young Lacroix

Francois (Stilts)

Raphael (Dirty Cheater)

Rami

Pere

First game was against Shenlong and I caught my opponent off guard when I used Ophelias Oooh a Girl and Your turn to place Pere right next to three of his guys.

(it was close deployment)

Then I had some mean mean Flips and pretty much got rid of 50% of his Units by turn 2. In the meantime Raphael distracted (not the scheme, just literally) Sensei Yu on the right flank, took a few hits and then just ran away with his push and a reckless triple walk. My Opponent conceded by turn 3 when only 2 of his guys were left and I had lost nothing at all, while running schemes and killing bald Monks.

Second game against Lady J. My Opponent got a bunch of new stuff and wanted to try it out. It was a pretty brutal game. Rami took Position on a Roof and got rid of a few models. Francois whiffed very very badly on the Jury and stacked two fees so he was crippled very badly for the rest of the game. I managed to get him out of Harms way with ophelias new useless junk, healed him a bit and by doing that dropped a scheme marker pretty close to ophelia. Lady J, who was getting carried around by the Emissary took the opportunitiy and got unburied next to the scheme marker and beheaded 2 Young Lacroix and Ophelia rather quickly. I managed to get away with frank.

Raphael in the mean time did his Thing, took a few decent shots, ran schemes and did not die.

In the end it came down to if I could take out Lady J or not and unfortunately Francois whiffed juuuust enough to let Lady J live with one wound. It was a pretty Close 6:5 win for the Guild but an amazing game none the less.

I love new ophelia.

• Like 1

First time decided to try Aionus and Crier.
Leader: Somer Teeth Jones - Cache:(4)
Family Tree 2ss
Gremlin Crier 7ss
Gremlin Taxidermist 7ss
Dirty Cheater 1ss
Bayou Gremlin 3ss
Bayou Gremlin 3ss
Bayou Gremlin 3ss
Lightning Bug 5ss
Slop Hauler 5ss
Aionus 12ss
Dirty Cheater 1ss

Was playing against Hoffman with his tematical crew and emissary.
Killed just 3 his models - flying bat, totem and metal cat-hunter.
All game just summoned bayous, they run in the bubble after the end of enemy activations and making Ply for information + hold up their forces.
Taxidermist just run corners scheme.

Didnt get any value from Crier+Aionus, but may be its because of first time playing with them.

Declared Faction: Gremlins 
Crew Name: Ophelia 50ss 

Leader: Ophelia LaCroix - Cache:(3)
   Useless Junk 1ss 

Young LaCroix 2ss 
Young LaCroix 2ss 

Young LaCroix 2ss 

Francois LaCroix 8ss 

Dirty Cheater 1ss 
   Quality Mash Liquor 2ss 

Iron Skeeter 6ss 
   Poorly Handled Explosives 1ss 

Pere Ravage 6ss 
   Gremlin See 1ss 

Raphael LaCroix 6ss 
   Dirty Cheater 1ss 

Iron Skeeter 6ss 
   Hovering Airship 1ss 

Bayou Gremlin 3ss 

I played two games yesterday back to back. First game was Public Execution against Pandora (new upgrade, poltergeist, widow weaver, barbaros, reporter, two wisps, insidious madness maybe something else? Turn 1 I gave Raphael a ride forward, gave him fast, recklessed him, and had Ophelia threaten him to focus. He was able to get to the widow weaver and shoot her twice with focused shots and put her down. (Red Joker helped). I wasn’t expecting to kill her, so gave up a point but killing her on turn 1, but it was worth it because of those stupid web markers. Turn 2 Ophelia gunned down Pandora. I felt kind of bad, but it was obviously a pretty resounding win (I think 9-1?)

Crew Name: Zipp 50ss 

Leader: Zipp - Cache:(4)
   The Dread Pirate Zipp 1ss 
   The Gift Of Gab 1ss 

Earl Burns 3ss 

Trixiebelle 8ss 
   A Gun For a Lady 1ss 
   Dirty Cheater 1ss 

The First Mate 9ss 
   Where The Captain Can't See 1ss 
   Airship Spotlight 1ss 

Iron Skeeter 6ss 
   Hovering Airship 1ss 

Raphael LaCroix 6ss 
   Dirty Cheater 1ss 

Bayou Gremlin 3ss 
Bayou Gremlin 3ss 
Bayou Gremlin 3ss 

Second up with against Yan Lo (10t), whom I had only faced in rezzers and a while back and didn’t have a hard time. I wanted to try Zipp out and we had Symbols of Authoritay.  This Yan Lo had the new upgrades and on turn 1 was doing crazy terrible things to me. By turn 3 he was fast, instinctual, and just generally wrecking my entire list. I still had fun though, and the Dread Pirate upgrade was awesome. I was able to drop Izamu on his head a couple of times and kill him, same with Chiaki. One of the Bayou Gremlins I summoned with the Dread Pirate actually held Izamu up and I went back against him to kil the next turn. “Ha ha you fool, I am not the Dread Pirate Zipp!”as the bayou rips off the mask. Twenty minutes later “Oh wait, I actually AM Zipp you fool! HA HA” as he rips off another mask, revealing him to actually be Zipp. Definitely a fun master.

• Like 2

Ophelia Cache: 5

3 Young 6SS

Francois 8SS

- Dirty Cheater 1SS

-Stilts 1SS

Sammy Lacroix 7SS

Merris Lacroix 6SS

Raphael Lacroix 6SS

- Dirty Cheater 1SS

Gremlin Crier 7SS

Slop Hauler 5SS

Played against Tara who was trying out the improved Bishop

Standard Deployment

Strategy: Ours!

Schemes: Guarded Treasure

Dig their Graves

Inescapable Trap

Search the Ruins

Vendetta

I chose Guarded Treasure and Vendetta. I was mostly curious on how "achievable" GT was as an always strat. Not too bad, I've determined, although it can be a bit dangerous to get so close to the center considering you can easily get within 6 of the center and suddenly not count or, as I did to my opponent, pushed onto the center line and therefore straddle two corners.

Raph and Crier were my stars this game. Picked Vendetta on Raphael and chose Bishop, as my plan was to kill him all along anyway. First turn drew a 13 of Rams and a RJ. So I was golden there ;D instant 3 points the moment I got a chance to shoot at him. Ours is a little challenging with Ophelia I think, mostly because 3 of your models don't count at all. Raph preceded to murder all until turn 4 (when we just called it). Crier shut down the Nothing Beast so well he more than earned his points. Giving out :-fate to enforcers plus having Highest Authority kept Nothing Beast on double :-fate for 3 turns. Needless to say, it was quite frustrating for them >.>

• Like 2

Yesterday I played 50SS Ulix vs von Schill

50 SS Gremlins Crew
Ulix + 4 Pool
 - Husbandry (3)
 - Huntin' Bow (2)
 - Pig Midwife (1)
Penelope (2)
Old Major (9)
 - Corn Husks (2)
 - Saddle (1)
Merris LaCroix (6)
 - Pork Whisper'n (1)
The Sow (8)
Slop Hauler (5)
Wild Boar (5)
Wild Boar (5)

I had a hard time getting into position so I spent the entire first three rounds with summoning piglets and a warpig.

The Wild Boars attacked Hannah from the Shadows and got her down to her last wound... but then they ran out of gas and I forgot about the Freikorps Librarians Healing... so yeah. Hannah was back to full health pretty soon and my boars got bashed pretty badly.

But they bought me the time that I needed.

On turn 4 I got a pretty mean shot in the rear off and the sow tore through a Freikorpsmann, Johan(na) and another minion. This secured me a third table quarter and I pretty much won the game.

Von Schill did almost nothing at all because I kept him busy with an relentless stream of piglets.

Oh and: Pig midwife is reaaaaally good

• Like 1

Today I played Ophelia against von Schill in Public Execution (Eliminate Leadership, Vendetta, Take on for a team, Show of Force, Public Demonstration).

I decided to test Kin-heavy crew:

Ophelia - 5ss pool

2x Young Lacroix

Franc - Stilts, DC

Raphael - DC

Sammy - My threatening gun

Rami

Iron Skeeter - Hovering Airship

Slop Hauler

My schemes were: Take one... on Slop Hauler and Show of force

I didn't put DC on Ophelia as I wanted to have her Metal Lined Coat for Instinctual, Jug Rocket for Your Turn action and Useless Junk. I was hoping that my good mobility (Ophelia's 0 actions, Sammy's 0 action from upgrade, Reckless and Skeeters taxi service would help me getting good position to attack and kill models.

Unfortunately i did face dreadful gunline (Schill, 2x Trapper, Hans, Rusty with I pay better, Johana and trunk) and although middle section of the table was full of Ht1 hard cover all those positives to attack (built in on Trappers plus fast from Oathkeeper spread by Schill and focus from i pay better) meant I had very little chance to get to enemy without being torn to pieces by volley fire. Ultimately i was lucky to draw 6-6 at the end of the game just because my opponent made a mistake and attacked with Schill my Slop Hauler on turn 5 which gave me 3VPs to draw the game. 

My thoughts from the game:

- Ophelia got some boost from Useless Junk and Metal Lined Coat but she really really needs DC to survive as her 10" range on guns means she needs to be a bit closer to the action than typical shooters. Also if she really wants to use Instintual she must have at least on gun upgrade attached to her which leaves her third slot to be taken by DC or Useless Junk. This is sad choice... I think she should have some extra ability which allows her to attach one extra gun upgrade ignoring usual restrictions. It wouldnt break her for sure

- Rami is... i dont know how to say it mildly... weak? He killed Hans just because as first activation of the game just because i had red joker in my hand and i could go reckless-focus-focus and shoot declaring Dumb Luck. Then he died of Trapper. He is not worth of 7SS. I'd say he is barely worth 6. I wouldnt mind him being dropped to 6 AND getting extra built in trigger on his gun which would be similar to Bushwackers gun ability (+1 damage on Focus shot). At the moment im not touching him again as i prefer to slend 7ss on something else

- Raphael is good. I like him and he is really strong for 6SS model

- Franc with Df4 is... I wont say anything more ;)

So just won a small local tournament. Only 4 showed with the snowstorm.

Game 1 again NB lost 6-4 

Crew Name: game1 50ss 
   Dirty Cheater 1ss 
   Do Over 1ss 
   Liquid Bravery 1ss 
Skeeter 2ss 
Skeeter 2ss 
Sammy LaCroix 7ss 
   Encouragement 2ss 
Rami LaCroix 7ss 
Gracie 10ss 
   Saddle 1ss 
Slop Hauler 5ss 
Slop Hauler 5ss 
Survivor 4ss 

Game 2 won against archaist 9-6

Crew Name: game 2 50ss 
   The Dread Pirate Zipp 1ss 
   Liquid Bravery 1ss 
   The Gift Of Gab 1ss 
Fingers 10ss 
   Stilts 1ss 
Merris LaCroix 6ss 
Bayou Gremlin 3ss 
Bayou Gremlin 3ss 
Bayou Gremlin 3ss 
Slop Hauler 5ss 
Slop Hauler 5ss 
Survivor 4ss 
Lightning Bug 5ss 

Game 3 tied ressers 6 - 6

Crew Name: game 3 50ss 
   Dirty Cheater 1ss 
   Liquid Bravery 1ss 
Skeeter 2ss

Sheeter 2ss

Trixiebelle 8ss 
Sammy LaCroix 7ss 
   Encouragement 2ss 
Lenny 9ss 
   I'll Love It and Pet It... 1ss 
Merris LaCroix 6ss 
   Do Over 1ss 
Pigapult 8ss 

Had another game this weekend against a rocket riding dinosaur (maybe some of you will recognize).

The poo was :

standart deploy

public execution (2-0 for me when we stopped)

eliminate leadership (my opponent 0)

undercover entourage (me on trixie 3 , my opponent on dreamer 3)

set up

show of force

public demonstration (me on bushs 3)

I had : mah + lead lined apron + manifest destiny + liquid bravery

little las (+pits)

trixie + DC + gun

3 bush

2 survivor

pigapult

my opponent had : dreamer + wings + growing up + aether connection

serena bowman

3 teddy + warped reality

My original plan was to sit down shooting things. At some point launch my 3 bushwhacker to score 3 vp from public demo. Then next turn push them back with 'get of my land' then again with reckless trixie (taking init with ill omen) to have my paralysed little guys 14" back into safety (so 14-18" away from the ennemy). And at the end of the last turn send trixie with the pult to score another 3vp.

Obvisouly when i saw my opponent list i knew i had to change my plan. I fortunatly won deploy and made him deploy first. I then deployed my crew as far as i could from the teddies but still at shooting range. The map had a lot of dense terrain but not so much blocking so i had a pretty good firing lane (ignoring cover is very nice).

First turn i went first and my first activation was the pigapult. The last 2 (maybe 3) i played it against the rocket riding dinosaur he killed it first turn before it did anything (or even activated sometimes) with viks or tara propelled bishop. So it was out for revenge. It hit one teddy three time, with one shot flipping red joker for damages which killed the fluffy bear. My opponent activated dreamer to come support. Then i activated trixie, reckless, and lured the other two teddies away (slowing one).

At this point my opponent knew it would be suicide to try to come straight back at me and we started a positioning war. for like 3 turns it was just him summoning daydreams, pushing and moving his crew around trying to be safe from my shoots and have a possible charge. I did the same, moved/pushed my guys around, took some shots with bush/pigapult (draining some ss when i could shoot dreamer, doing some damages on teddies that were healed just after (5wd regen with dreamer is a lot)). I managed to stay far enough away. I made a pretty good hand meanwhile (and keeping both jokers in hand to avoid surprises on horror duel)

Ultimatly my opponent had to go in at some point and he did. Moving all his crew forward a big time. His two teddies very near from me.

But i had activation control so i was able to strike first. I wounded a teddy with a bush shots, then a survivor took also 2 shots. And then mah charged it. Another dead fluffy bear.

Unfortunatly i lost init and the last teddy charged mah. But with my hand, armor, ss and decent luck at the flips she only lost 2wds. Then it was her time and she killed the last bear with ease, with even 1ap left and her 0 to go into safety.

We then called it since my opponent had no way to come back at the score. No reason to believe i would'nt score my 3+3vps from my scheme (bush and trixie being unharmed, trixie already in the ennemy deploy zone, pigapult alive and well). My opponent would surely have score 3 from undercover on dreamer (i had no way to chase him and no reason to take the risk). I had ss left so killing mah would have been very hard for him. I had also 2vp from strat already.

So the final result would have been something like (8-9-10) to (3-4-5).

I was confident as i know how good/bad is teddy since i play him in neverborn (often summoned though) but i was still nervous not to do any positioning mistake. Liquid bravery ws very nice and i did it almost everyturn to have bushs at wp 8 so no problems from terrifying. (I expected pandora so this i why i took this upgrade).

Pretty fun game anyway. 

Yes no ammo. I wanted to try just rocks and launch. I didn't feel taking slop hauler with only bushs because they don't have reckless and no Armor htw htk so if they get hit they juste die usually. I'm also testing survivors in m'y recent games and couldnt have my game plan + survivors + hauler.

- Zipp (6 cache)

rambling diatribe

dirty cheater

no quarter

- Earl Burns

- Gracie

saddle

- Iron Skeeter

hovering airship

- Burt Jebsen

dirty cheater

- Raphael Lacroix

- Bayou Grem.

Vs

- Molly (6 cache)

forgotten life

tear of the gorgon

back on the job

- Phillip

haunting cries

- Toshiro

command the graves

- Bete Noire

decaying aura

- Yin the Penangal

unnerving aura

- Crooligan

Standard Dep.

Public Exe.

Eliminate the leadership

Cover Break

Search the ruins

Take prisoner 

Take one for the team

I have choose cover breakthrough (zipp+earl, skeeter or skeeter/gracie taxi ability)

and take one for the team (gracie)

Final score 6 to 4 for me

I not score points from "sucker" because my oppo realize that was gracie; only 2 points from cover breakthrough, and four from strategy.

On the first turn, i've had a hard time, beause even i had deployed zipp at 6" (standard) on one table side i found bete noire on my face, and a paralyzed zipp before his activation, and i had only one card in my hand! ^^"

Just played a game with (symbols of authoritay, make them suffer (or whatever it is now), setup, the new frame for murder? Something else, I took new frame and make them suffer :

Zipp, Gift of Gab, Dread Pirate and one other I forget

The First Mate, Treasure Map, When the Captain's Not Looking

Sparks

Iron Skeeter, Spotlight

Iron Skeeter, Airship

4x Bayou Gremlins

and I played against Collodi.

Was a really fun game, I ended up winning 7-4. We both took the same schemes, and both of us were afraid of killing big things because of the frame, so both of our suckers were alive at the end of the game (I had the skeeter with airship, he had it on Widow Weaver). It was a really fun game, Zipp is crazy fun to play.

Took Zipp against Misaki last night:

Zipp: Hovering Airship, Gift of Gab, Dreaded Pirate

Earl Burns

Francois LaCroix: Stilts, Dirty Cheater

Iron Skeeter: explosives

Iron Skeeter: Spot Light

Iron Skeeter: Treasure Map

4x Bayou Gremlins

This is my first time playing this list on the table, so still adjusting and trimming fat. 

Being able to ensure Franc gets fast and reckless to destroy pretty much any model on the board is always a plus. I played this into Symbols of Authority, being able to at the end of a turn run Zipp up to a objective turn into a bayou to threaten a 1st activation score next turn, and pop zipp up in a position to protect a key area was a lot of fun. Ill edit with my opps list and our schemes after work

So yesterday I had my first game with Brewmaster

35 SS

Brewie + Binge

Wesley

Trixiebelle

Fingers

Raphael + Dirty Cheater

Performer

VS

Von Schill + Shirt Comes off

Von Schill Totem

Freikorpsmann

Hans

Taelor

Ronin

The flying 4soulstone thingy

Strategy: Symbols of Authority

Schemes I played: covert Breakthrough + hold up their forces

Schemes Opponent played: Punish the weak + covert breakthrough

Round 1 was pretty uneventful. everyone got into more or less good positions. I had to funnel through a pretty narrow Bridge across a river but with Lure and gremlin Lure and reckless I crossed the Bridge pretty quickly. Hans tried to plink away Raphaels Dirty Cheater but failed. Wesley barely survived round 1 and hat to drink one of Brewies strongest Brews that healed him back to his full 4wd.

Round 2  I got lucky with 2 defensive triggers on fingers, which let me push him fairly Close to a Symbol, which he snagged away and ran back to guard my own Symbols. I pushed his freikorpsmann and von Schill away, put out some swills and not much happened. Raphael almost took out the Ronin but I failed to get rid of the last wound.

Round 3 I pushed Taelor into the river, which bought me lots of time. Brewmaster binged a bit here and used hangover there. I slowly creeped up the board with most of my models and Raphael took the second Symbol of authority. Although he did not survive round 3, he did a great Job of soaking up lots of shots with his hard to kill, dirty cheater and Brewmasters potent moonshine. Meanwhile my Opponent dropped some unreachable Scheme-markers with his Flyer so I decided to just give him the scheme. Fingers still denied him any VP for my Symbols. Brewie got into fisticuffs with freikorpsmann, ronin and von schill, who had already activated and I scored 1vp off hold up their forces

Round 4 I managed to get Brewmaster into Position and activated the drinking contest. Von Schill, Freikorpsmann and the Ronin got stuck for the rest of the game and weren't able to get rid of the posion, not even with the help of the steam-trunk.

From that Point on I dropped Markes for covert breakthrough and scored 1vp each round for my other scheme.

In the end I won 9:4 without killing any of my opponents models. Since it was my first time playing Brewie it was also the first time for my Opponent playing against Brewie, I suppose that he won't get outplayed like that a second time.

Crew Name: 10 models duel banjo 50ss 
   Dirty Cheater 1ss 
   No Quarter 1ss 
Earl Burns 3ss 
Fingers 10ss 
Iron Skeeter 6ss 
   Poorly Handled Explosives 1ss 
Iron Skeeter 6ss 
   Hovering Airship 1ss 
Slop Hauler 5ss 
Survivor 4ss 
Survivor 4ss 
Banjonista 5ss 
Banjonista 5ss 

This was just a silly list I put together against a friend who is starting out with Tara. I wanted to spam models a bit since I never do and try multiple banjos when I usually bring only one.

Flank deploy with ply strat.

I had surround and take one on earl

He had public demo and take one on a wretch.

He had Tara with scramble and stuff, NB with void stuff, Talos with scramble Karina summons, two ronin and two wretch.

Game was lots of fun, first turn saw fast fingers fly up the board and scheme a corner, sloppy schemed mine. He tried to take out earl with Tara first turn after I ran zipp up, but I had the cards and earl was double defence stance and he had to really move Tara out to shoot at him twice. Next turn she charged him after winning initiative but I squealed away with 1wd.  Hid him with a skeeters smoke until fingers could heal him two late in turn.  Other fun things is Karina summoned a draugr (his only model he had to summon special thanks to wyrd December lgs promo).  I dropped a piano on him with a skeeter doing great damage but mutiny sprung and he got killed in return from RJ damage. I got a ply off and tossed out paranoid with banjos.

Turn three he almost killed the skeeter protecting earl and when the skeeter walked away with 1wd he tried to exhaust again for earl but exploded instead giving burning (which I forgot he shouldn't do to earl).  This also was the second time I'd ruined his attempts towards public demo without trying as my enforcers killed themselves.  Fingers was running around as he pleased getting surround and zipp could see wretches coming a mile off.

He ended up killing most of my models but didn't focus on strat until last two turns where he stopped me scoring them. He got only 1 for demo but three from take one, when he plied zip with it and I took the bait to kill it with a toss.

End score was 8-4 with each getting take one points.  If he had remembered ply, he would have gotten much closer.

Enjoyable over all and good learning for both.

• Like 1

Played my Zoraida against Hamelin in Supply Wagon (dig their graves, set up, public demonstration, recover evidence).

Zoraida - Powerful Control 4ss pool

Trixie - dc

Whiskey golem - barrel up

Emissary - conflux of fate

Swine Cursed

Merris

Old Cranky

Bayou Gremlin

i got hammered drastically. I was outactivated constantly which negated my Obey from Zoraida and Hamelin used heavily his Obey plus reactivate trick on Rat Kings from Rat Catchers. I remainded myself why when i was playing Outcasts i sold Hamelin after circa 10 games. It was no fun for neither me or my opponent to put him on the table...

anyway the crew i got normally would work very good. There is lots of movement tricks there, there is serious punch involved. I would like to play this crew again but this time against some normal master :)

• Haha 1

Got in my first game with my Zoraida "Ply for Information" list last night:

Gremlins
Zoraida + 4 Pool
 - Tarot Reading (2)
 - Powerful Control (2)
 - Animal Shape (2)
McTavish (11)
Fingers (10)
Nurse (7)
Oiran (6)
Lucky Effigy (4)
Bayou Gremlin (3)
Will O' The Wisp (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Neverborn
Titania + 6 Pool
 - Pact with the Grave Spirit (1) <plus 2 other upgrades that I forget>

Cyclops (8)
Rougarou (8)
Rougarou (8)
The Claw (7)
The Thorn (7)
The Tooth (7)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Strat: Ply For Information (Gr=4, NB=0)

Deployment: Corner

Schemes: Surround Them (NB=2), Take Prisoner (Gr=2), Undercover Entourage (Gr=3 & NB=3), Set Up, Search The Ruins

Result: 9-5 victory for Gremraida.

In Short

Titania'screw just wasn't constructed to resist what Zoraida was doing. With no condition removal, I was able to effectively shut down 2-3 models per turn, and in an elite crew like that NB one, with no way to remove conditions, that really hurt my opponent. He did also have conspicuously bad cards, while I was drawing fairly well. I managed to lock down one of his models, and milk it for the Gather Intel condition, 2-3 times per turn.

Details

Basically, I identified the Cyclops as a dangerous creature that I wanted to shut down, so I made it my Prisoner target. After it walked into Ml range with my clump of Oiran, Effigy & Nurse, I used the Nurse to Meds it every turn so it could only take Walks & Interacts, and 2 out of the 3 models just milked it for Ply each turn. (Fun fact: we weren't sure if it was legit for the Nurse to apply both "Hallucinogens" & "Uppers", to pseudo-Paralyse the Cyclops (since it's immune to regular Paralyse), but apparently that IS the case, and has been FAQ'd as such).

The Oiran proved a bit useless. I had her in there to Lure in my Ply-milking target, but as her Lure requires a :crow, and so does the Nurse's Paralyse, I found it wasn't ever happening (plus the Cyclops actually came to me, which was handy). I think maybe a Performer might work better in future. Pairs way better with the Doll as well. It's just that the Oiran's lure can drag things out of cover, which is actually a huge a bonus.

McTavish dying so easily was a shame. I might consider Mancha next time, cause he can then take Mud Toss for condition removal (since I'll have 2ss extra), and Stilts for protection. Also, he'll be able to do something with those Paralysed enemies! I had The Tooth, The Claw, and Titania all Paralysed within 6" of each other at the end of Turn 3, and I just felt stink that I didn't really have much killing power left on the board with McTavish having been RJ'd to death by Titania at the end of Turn 1 :-(

50 SS Gremlins Crew
Wong + 3 Pool
 - A Gremlin's Luck (1)
 - Explosive Solutions (2)
 - Do Over (1)
Old Cranky (4)
Sammy LaCroix (7)
 - Ooo Glowy (1)
Merris LaCroix (6)
Swine-Cursed (7)
Swine-Cursed (7)
Slop Hauler (5)