Who's excited!?

KingCrow

Speculation:

Grave golem will drop a corpse every time it takes damage.

katashiro might be like voodoo dolls or have swap around movement tricks. possibly an aura of damage tanking?

wanyudo melee beater (roller) either oni, ancestor or both 

mourners i guess are spirits. probably just mooks but maybe scheme runners or tarpits?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Merchant said:

Speculation:

Grave golem will drop a corpse every time it takes damage.

katashiro might be like voodoo dolls or have swap around movement tricks. possibly an aura of damage tanking?

wanyudo melee beater (roller) either oni, ancestor or both 

mourners i guess are spirits. probably just mooks but maybe scheme runners or tarpits?

I'd love for some more oni for Asami personally.  So I'm for that. Aren't they demons in real fluff anyways? 

5 minutes ago, InvokeChaos said:

I'd love for some more oni for Asami personally.  So I'm for that. Aren't they demons in real fluff anyways? 

um, japanese mythology is unclear if wanyudo are yokai~a ghost of sorts, an oni, or something else entirely. the main legend that I found on it says it 's like the reincarnation of an evil/cruel tyrant forced to serve as an agent of 'hell' crushing the unwary and hunting bad people. 

this box feels like it could be a double dip for yan lo fans

• Like 2

Malifaux' Oni really are Yokai anyways. 

The Oni characteristic isn't a perfect fit but then Wyrd has always been a lil inaccurate on the Asian wording. 

Tengu are Yokai, for example, as is Yasunori (although Demon would cover him too). 

Oni are pretty exclusively tied to the Underworld/Hell. Yokai are more mischievous, Oni are brutal. 

Ehwell, I do sometimes wish Wyrd did a lil more research but it could also be a lot worse. 

3 minutes ago, DonCheadle said:

Malifaux' Oni really are Yokai anyways. 

The Oni characteristic isn't a perfect fit but then Wyrd has always been a lil inaccurate on the Asian wording. 

Tengu are Yokai, for example, as is Yasunori (although Demon would cover him too). 

Oni are pretty exclusively tied to the Underworld/Hell. Yokai are more mischievous, Oni are brutal. 

Ehwell, I do sometimes wish Wyrd did a lil more research but it could also be a lot worse. 

I mean they can do whatever they want with it. It's their IP. I have no issues with not being "historically" accurate. Even if it does make me scratch my head sometimes :D 

A little inaccurate seems like an odd thing to say about their IP. I mean, sure, it doesn't map directly... but neither does Fae. Wyrd has always pulled a ton from different places and put their own spin on things (Nephilim?). It doesn't seem like lack of research or inaccuracy, it seems more like putting a twist on a concept.

Now, that might be more or less good, and that's up to the person to decide.

• Like 1

I know I know, but as a person of Japanese decent it just feels a bit bad to get thrown in the mix, y'know. 

I realize TT are a multi-nation faction, and that's great, but sometimes it feels like they don't differentiate and muddle up cultures just for the heck of it. 

It'd be like having Italian and French names show up in the Latigo family. Not necessarily harmful, but it would seem careless, and I believe the game's developers do care a lot about the game. 

• Like 1