What's this!?!?

KingCrow

One of the characters from the box - Minako Rei - appeared in a 10T story from Broken Promises book. There's her art there, too. She's a part of the Order of the Balance, a secret society inside the Ten Thunders secret society (damn those Wyrd Asians are SO secretive :P ).

She helped Misaki in thwarting Ten Thunders plans by persuading the Daimyo Toshiro Takanaka to betray the Oyabun.

It looks like a special box tailored for encounters. Not sure if these models will be new models, alts, or perhaps only playable in the encounter (like Carver). But seeing how Starter Box was Neverborn vs Guild and this seems TT vs Ressers, perhaps the other box (Backdraft) will be Outcasts vs Gremlins?

Time will tell - if it is new models after all, it might mean a new book is coming (another one!) which is not what I was envisioning at all...

"dreaded manos.....immortal necromancer" possible reference to the first necromancer. However he was defeated and Jean-Philip Archambault took his grimoire and raised his own horde, could be a reference there or to something new entirely.

Can anyone find a higher rez pic?

Also what book is the add in?

7 hours ago, Pikciwok said:

One of the characters from the box - Minako Rei - appeared in a 10T story from Broken Promises book. There's her art there, too. She's a part of the Order of the Balance, a secret society inside the Ten Thunders secret society (damn those Wyrd Asians are SO secretive :P ).

Hide contents

She helped Misaki in thwarting Ten Thunders plans by persuading the Daimyo Toshiro Takanaka to betray the Oyabun.

The Order of Balance is separate from the 10T, it's been around for longer(Toshiro knew of it). 

• Like 1

So both Minako Rei (Broken Promises) and Wanyudo (Under Quarantine - TtB) have already appeared in the fiction...

Katashiro - seem to be animated dolls (more puppets for Collodi possibly?) - probably the figures in the bottom right corner of the box.

Grave Golem and Mourners seem to be fairly straightforward...

So that just leaves Manos the Risen... have there been any hints about him in the fiction? Google doesn't turn up anything. On FB I think, Aaron responded positively to someone mentioning Manos: Hands of Fate, but that doesn't seem to be the name of a particular character...

1 hour ago, gribble said:

Here are my guesses... maybe a mourner wedged between Minako Rei and the Grave Golem... or maybe that is Manos, and what I have marked as Manos is the Mourner...

We saw art on Minako in Broken promises already
Also, there is second Mourner on the far left
So I am pretty sure that this is correct:
fvfyw3.jpg

• Like 2

@gribble Nice job, but you've mistaken Minako for Katashiro. We know Minako's art. She's a masked gal with bare shoulders and long, steel claws.

2 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

The Order of Balance is separate from the 10T, it's been around for longer(Toshiro knew of it).

Good point. I guess now they are a part of 10T family, otherwise...

...that would make Misaki's betrayal so much worse. Sabotaging 10T operations in order to gain power and overthrow her jerk father is one thing, conspiring with rival agents is another. That's Nekima's level of scheming

:P 

5 hours ago, gribble said:

so that just leaves Manos the Risen... have there been any hints about him in the fiction? Google doesn't turn up anything. On FB I think, Aaron responded positively to someone mentioning Manos: Hands of Fate, but that doesn't seem to be the name of a particular character...

Manos translates to hands :P

ALso thanks for the better rez pics! That really helps the curiosity.