Starting out with Kirai

olterman

I'm not a kirai expert, but I'm also starting to build a crew for her.

Datsu ba is a must, she works really well with kirai but it also gives you the extra seishin. My plan now is to start with a couple summons and get a feel of how she plays and what she needs and then gradually expand on her summons.

I recently bought the asura roten box, I think it will be interesting to try her out with kirai as I think she is a really solid model.

Starting with Kirai can be difficult, not because she's incredibly complex, but because she can cost quite a bit to get started in.

Her base box has a bunch of stuff that you can't hire so just on that you're going to have to put some money into it.

I'd say start with: 

Kirai
Datsu Ba
Izamu
Goryo

and then another crew box, I'd pick either Seamus or Reva, belle's are shieldbearers are both very good with Kirai, and you'll need another solid minion. (you could do mcmourning, since you'll get a solid summon pylon w/ nurse and flesh construct)

I'd then start off learning her support tricks, she can heal, manipulate the board, and more and then you can summon the occosional onryo and goryos throughout the game as needed.  

Other key models:

Hanged, Gaki, Shikome

Honorable Mentions: 
Nurses
Flesh Constructs

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, FunWithKnives said:

I'd love to hear your opinion about graveyard spirit btw

its a must in my nico, tara and seamus crews. its a cheap activation that can make an enemy discard his last card and reactivate autopsies and f.constructs. Necessary to survive to agressive alphas.

On 1/30/2018 at 1:09 PM, FunWithKnives said:

Don't you guys think that Rider>Izamu? 

I'd love to hear your opinion about graveyard spirit btw

for Kirai (and Datsue Ba) Izamu is a much getter choice because he is a spirit. As mentioned above he benefits from her Swirling Spirits that let you teleport/swap him up the board to speed him up considerably. She can also heal him with Comfort Spirit if you need to and she can teleport to him with Into the Spirit World (both from the Swirling Aether upgrade). Izamu also benefits from Adversary as well and her Sundering attack has a trigger to put Adversary on a large.

A lot of other models in the crew also bring things that synergies with Izamu better than the rider. Much like Kirai can put Adversary on a target, Datsue Ba can do it as well with a built in trigger also. Datsue Ba's (0) Guide Spirits (if you aren't summoning Seishin its him) can also give another spirit within 8" a walk which also speeds Izamu up and re-positions him (or another spirit in the list). 

Being able to take advantage of Adversary makes a huge difference by itself to me. Kirai can put Adversary on someone, Datsue Ba can, Shikome can, Goryo can (you need an extra Crow for the trigger), Onryo can (if they are damaged by an enemy)....bottom line is there are a considerable number of was to get Adversary on other models and with all the possible movement shenanigans you can almost certainly ensure that just about every turn you are getting mileage out of Izamu and he is getting 3 x MI attacks at + flips with ensuring he is going to hit and pound in the damage. Izamu is almost auto-include in my book for Kirai.

• Like 2