Looking at Outcasts, Arcanists and ten thunders

thewisp

Hello,

I originally started Malifaux with Gremlins and after playing them for a bit decided I do not like how they play.  So I am open to suggestions in starting a new faction,

I am looking at the following masters in outcasts, arcanists and had a few questions about 10T as a whole faction.

For outcasts, I am looking at

Parker, Misaki, Viktoria, Schill, Possibly Tara/Leveticus (I hear Leveticus is a bit op so I may have to steer clear.)

For arcanists, I am looking at Colette, Ironsides, Marcus, Ramos, Sandeep

For 10T faction,  Is it a faction that is difficult to play?  I read that it is a synergy based faction and I am curious if since gremlins didn't really work for me that 10T might be a miss as well.

If folks have some recommendations on what to try/whos their favorite let me know, cause I am stuck lol.

Thanks in advance.

TT can buff a single model through the roof and deliver it somewhere. Not reliant on twelve overlapping auras and everything going perfect like gremlins so I think it will be a different experience.

Levi isn't all that after his errata and the schemes started counting against him. Back qhen people played book schemes he was very good because assassinate was common and didn't work against him and he could channel three times per turn for zero cost.

Sandeep was conaidered top filth last year at least, a lot "worse" than Levi if you don't like playing the strong ones. Marcus will make you get all sorts of beasts and is strong and flexible, plays very aggressively. 

Viks are a bit like rolling a dice turn 1. Either you kill all the good enemy models and they are chanceless or you fail and get severy punished.

2 hours ago, thewisp said:

From the sounds of it, 10t isnt super complicated just buff stacking.  Seems cool, just need to review the masters.  They are hard to choose.

I will have to check out the viks cards to see how they stack up.  I believe i have played them once.

They apply buffs that transfer to all sisters, Vanessa is abvery common companion and I often see a librqrian as well since any healing transfers to both Viks. Malifaux child is also common to apply buffs and Scion of the void + a void wretch can make pokey Vik pop up more or less anywhere making them really hard to counter. When done right they can be severely depressing to face for a low-medium level player and may lead to some sour faces. Pokey Vik will be doing 5 min ignoring almost all defenses and can trigger more attacks if the enemy is clumped.

I have a local henchman who owns all the factions and in fact 10T is his personal favorite faction.  I definitely could borrow any masters I am looking at.  Its just hard to narrow down and choose a master when a lot of them look really cool.

More or less curious what are folks favorites from each faction or recommendations.  I am a casual player for now though maybe I will get into the tournament scene later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thewisp said:

IMore or less curious what are folks favorites from each faction or recommendations.  I am a casual player for now though maybe I will get into the tournament scene later.

As you may have noticed I'm not a fan of Viks. ;) They do offer fun gameplay when you play them yourself but I'm not a fan of tabling people.

I am just starting Marcus in arcanists myself but the other masters also seem fun. Arcanists can usually make strong lists while staying in theme.

Big fan of McCabe, I play him in guild but he is even better in thunders. I usually enjoy my games against Shenlong, some people say both of them are complicated, I haven't felt that way with McCabe and he was my first master in the game.

Bit of both. 

He enjoys being in the thick of it more than being shot at, and his main support action is his (0) action to hand out his upgrades. You can build a more supportive build if you want, focusing more on giving out upgrades and re-activate (from one of his upgrades), and just slowing down enemies, or you can go more into full on combat with his glowing sabre left in his hands to smash face. 

I usually give him the reactivate minion/nimble upgrade and take a really big scary minion to use it on, then I move him up turn one and help my other models by him throwing out upgrades. Turn two I'm looking to put out his buff on the minion and throwing out whatever upgrades are going to get me VP and then charge him in to engage several enemies and mess with their game plan. He often dies heroically while giving my opponent a massive headache. In ten thunders he has a ton of options for very self-reliant models and can even take models others might find a bit subpar but make them work because of his upgrades that grant other models very powerful abilities.

10 minutes ago, thewisp said:

Does McCabe need guild hounds or is it just a preference thing?

Preference, cheap activations are gold. With guild guard now being 3ss as well it is a lot less needed as a pure means of activation control and a few 4ss models can also pad your activations. Ten Thunders players seem to often prefer Kamaitachi to Luna and without Luna guild hounds aren't very good schemers.

• Like 1