ElPuto

I don't even find him useful in Hamlin... I mean if you wanted to run an all nihilist crew, with Ashes & Dust, to ignore a burning/poison/blight crew, sure.... but I find the rest of him useless at this point.  His own actions interrupt the flow of the rat engine and he's fighting a role Nix does better.

I don't know what he has to offer in Parker that a Wakou Raider could already provide or Dead Outlaws and Bandido could for less.

This whole card is a swing and a miss for me.

He was definitely better in GG17, when you could use Rat Presents to change enemy scheme marker into your own and score claim jump aa a result. Now I like taking him when I expect that my opponent is going to pick Guarded Treasure as one of his schemes - simply move rat into base contact with enemy marker, then change it into your own.

He does different things than Nix - he offers greater damage output (2" range and sometimes 3/4/5 damage track plus damaging (0) Action compared to 1" 2/3/4 attack with an option to charge Blighted models for (1) AP), marker shenanigans and rat creation vs better tanking abilities (unless you are facing heavy CA crew) and sometimes useful blast/pulse/aura protection. 

I like taking him with A&D and Nix and spam Bleeding Disease. Both him and Nix are not autopicks, but sometimes are worth the cost. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raimu said:

But outside Hamelin I do not see any use, that Bandit in station is more for fluff, than real synergy.

Funny thing is that initially Benny had no Bandit characteristic - it was added during open beta on players' demand for more synergy with Parker, so in fact it has nothing to do with Benny's fluff.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

Funny thing is that initially Benny had no Bandit characteristic - it was added during open beta on players' demand for more synergy with Parker, so in fact it has nothing to do with Benny's fluff.

He looks pretty bandit on art to me xD

• Like 1

I take him all the time, because I take Plague Pits all the time. He chunks out damage that I never have to worry about flipping the black joker on. He is also slightly more survivable than Nix and has just a bit more utility for less points. Nix, incorporeal doesn't do much for him with a high chance of Min 3 damage around. 

• Like 1

Nix's Sweet Taste of Failure keeps Nix alive for freaking ever, seeing as Drink Spirit keeps making people fail all the time as a zero action.  It's hilarious.  I had Nekima, a Doppleganger, and Mr Graves on him for three rounds before he died.  Well worth the points and no need to maneuver any rats near him; much more worth it than Benny, honestly.

On 1/22/2018 at 11:24 AM, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

It turns out that just putting "Bandit" on a random model is no where near enough to count as synergy, or to throw Parker a bone!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

boy is this model broken.

Nix will die to a sidelong glance and do nothing but prevent blast damage for 10 SS.

Benny will give you more rats, more Blight without duels, deny marker schemes, do ridiculous amounts of damage with Bigger They Are attached (how about min 4 against henchmen and enforcers with upgrades? also, a lonely McCabe is crying in a corner), ping for that extra wound with Swarm even with no rats around (Rat King are Vermin too!), heal himself off rats.

And then Turn 3 he will start blowing things up with Bleeding Disease.

He's a tank, a controller and damager all in one, I've run him for a half dozen games and he's never disappointed.

On 1/22/2018 at 2:24 PM, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

seeing as how he's the leader of the sewer thugs known as the Brotherhood of the Rat, Bandit suits him just fine

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Seadhna said:

boy is this model broken.

Nix will die to a sidelong glance and do nothing but prevent blast damage for 10 SS.

Benny will give you more rats, more Blight without duels, deny marker schemes, do ridiculous amounts of damage with Bigger They Are attached (how about min 4 against henchmen and enforcers with upgrades? also, a lonely McCabe is crying in a corner), ping for that extra wound with Swarm even with no rats around (Rat King are Vermin too!), heal himself off rats.

And then Turn 3 he will start blowing things up with Bleeding Disease.

He's a tank, a controller and damager all in one, I've run him for a half dozen games and he's never disappointed.

seeing as how he's the leader of the sewer thugs known as the Brotherhood of the Rat, Bandit suits him just fine

Finally, some love words!