Wyrdscapes

Lucidicide

Buildings look great and might have to delay retirement so I can buy it all.

However, in today's gaming climate I'd have thought that some good quality themed mats would have been more practical, and cheaper. Gaming tiles are fine if you just have one board at home, but for those of us with multiple boards, and transporting them to events, mats are the only solution. Lower investment for Wyrd as well.

Having said all that, the tiles look cool and I'll probably end up with one if it does something a mat can't (sewers?).

• Like 1

On 1/19/2018 at 4:52 PM, Stonewall78 said:

Nope gotta say my kids have a much better ROI.

Hey, I never said the ROI on them is bad - just that they are really expensive.  It does not help that I have some still in diapers (hooray for diaper costs and daycare...) and another in high school that I just had to purchase a vehicle for...

ROI for most of them is good.  Although there are times where I wonder about a couple of them...

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Those buildings look cool and all but it looks like they were designed around 30mm bases.

Agreed.  Which may be awkward game play wise but makes sense, it means they 'look' scale (as opposed to super wide doors) and it makes thematic sense, I mean most Malifaux buildings are not scaled for a Saber-Tooth, its not a standard kinda cat (although modeling in a saber tooth cat flap is a conversion idea which brings joy).

They do look nice and really variable.  Price point is the number one concern.  Assembly, painting and storage will also be...... interesting.

Still love the idea and look.  Hey guys how about a targeted errata to clean up the elevation, climbing and movement rules..... widely acknowledged to be problematic and now it looks like we'll be getting terrain which deserves solid rules to support it.

• Like 2

Awesome!

Maybe you should send some examples to Kenny Boucher (NexLevel Painting), and/or some other YT painters for some how videos on how to quickpaint these buildings.

Painting terrain for me takes always too much time, and they just add to the pile of shame. So in the last time I more often than not did not buy new terrain pieces. Seeing how you you can do a quick but still beatiful paintjob could help selling these buildings. At least for me.

2 hours ago, Butch said:

Awesome!

Maybe you should send some examples to Kenny Boucher (NexLevel Painting), and/or some other YT painters for some how videos on how to quickpaint these buildings.

Painting terrain for me takes always too much time, and they just add to the pile of shame. So in the last time I more often than not did not buy new terrain pieces. Seeing how you you can do a quick but still beatiful paintjob could help selling these buildings. At least for me.

I'm not a fan of Kenny's painting. I know Wyrd had Angel Giraldez paint some display models. That, I would pay to see.

2 hours ago, -Loki- said:

Yeah, same. I find that with how important AP are,  it’s a waste of time and effort trying to use the interior of buildings.

However I can totally see the usefulness of interiors for TtB sessions.

I love interiors when playing incorporeal models.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1